Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:44 am

Good morning,

We're having another hot day today. 94*. We're doing pretty well keeping the house cool-ish. We open windows at night to let in cool air and close everything up again when it gets warmer outside than in. We keep shades down, lights off, and doors closed. By Monday, we'll be cooling off to our normal temps.

Still feeling sluggish from the heat so I'm not being very ambitious. I got a few leaf blocks made yesterday and then packed it in about 1pm and went to the cooler living room to read and cross stitch. Today I'm going for a haircut. I may hit the Goodwill which is in the same shopping center. Or I may just come home. I do have a donation to make so I'll at least swing by the back door. I'll do a little sewing, a bit of stitching, and I have a floor to ceiling cabinet in the quilting room that holds all non-quilting craft supplies. I'm in the middle of cleaning and rearranging that cabinet, so I hope to finish that little chore today, too.

CAROL - your cat only has a room? ha! Our cat has a whole house and five acres! Yes - it's all his! lol!! Glad you conquered the dust bunnies. After this heat wave is over, I'll be doing that exact same thing. Though in summer, the only rooms we actually use are our bedroom, my sewing room, the kitchen, and the bathrooms. The rest of the rooms - family, living, dining, office - we just pass through. But they are dusty and hairy and need some attention one of these days.

TINA - so happy for you to get some rain! I can't believe Jazmyne is 15. I remember when she was 4!! What a bummer to find your solar system isn't working properly. I hope fixing it isn't a big deal.

JANA - stay cool as you relax pool-side! lol! I hope all those tiny shoes and purses didn't escape your round-up. I don't think Yoohoodie would like to encounter them!

Supper tonite is going to be burgers and corn on the cob. Easy peasy. I may have to stop and get buns on the way home from my haircut. I'll check the freezer. But I know I have burgers. And corn.

What have you got?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 30th

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:23 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Yes, the cat supplies are kept in one room, and we put her to feed her and put her to bed. Nowadays we open the door, and she has free range in the house. She does not go outside. The room is also where we watch television. During the first year we had her we did not open the door at night and she spent the night in one room. She is a most unusual cat!

Jana - You are right these last days of July and August are monsoon weather here as well. It was 70* this morning, but the high will only be 79*. Humidity is at 72%. Bet those little girls slept well last night!

Tina - Did they figure out what was wrong with Solar, and did they get it working properly?

I went to farmer's market this morning and DH cleaned the kitchen floor while I was gone! I have been doing some light dusting. This afternoon will be some sewing time.

Dinner will be corn on the cob and something from the freezer. We have some fresh broccoli too. It should be wonderful.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:31 am

Hi everyone!
We're on a gasoline, gas line, scrubber brush and lunch run, we've been at Dad's all morning. I cleaned and Frankie is working on his riding mower, he uses it to pull a little trailer with weed killer on it so he can spray all the weeds.
Mary, I feel sluggish all the time from the heat here LOL maybe that's why I don't get that much done during the hot weather.
He ordered the part for our solar, no charge to us for anything. It should be here by Friday. We have 18 panels it has 1 totally not working and the one that's beside it isn't producing what it should because of the needed part.
Carol, our cats live on our enclosed porch, they do visit inside sometimes LOL
I'm not sure about supper yet, I'm already tuckered out from cleaning at Dad's.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:03 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, the silverware and drawer are all washed and cleaned. Put away, not quite yet. I have place settings for 16 and a ton of assorted serving pieces. It's a big drawer! The kids are off learning the valley roads and getting a new fish tank. The fish are swimming in the bucket they traveled in from California, doing fine. All the towels are washed and dried too. Now I can shower and do my hair for church tomorrow.

Dinner - leftover spaghetti or stroganoff, take your pick. Even have a loaf of sourdough wrapped up that my special garlic spread can be added too. That's my choice for dinner!

So not much happening here. I called the other day and got a appointment with my eye doctor. Time to have my eyes checked and probably new prescriptions . It's not until the end of August! Of course, I picked up my extra pair of sewing glasses, for which, the frame promptly broke! I still have my good pair down in the Batt Cave. I am vain, and refuse to wear bifocals, even the blended type. So I have distance glasses and sewing glasses. I don't need to wear my glasses all the time, still have great vision.

Time to head down stairs,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:07 pm

Hello Mary , Carol, Tina and Jana. I was here early this morning, but no one was thinking about dinner, yet. Then I got distracted. Typical of me. LOL
Today was stitching a new cover for the cushion on the chair I got at thrift store yesterday. It's a chair for my desk in the living room. When I took off the old cover, I decided that I should wash the foam insert. Then I had to wait for it to dry in sun before I could finish my project. I had a few small things to do in between. But it finally dryed and it's stuffed into it's new cover.
I still had a bunch of flannel 5" squares left from when Maryq mailed a stack to me, way back when. Back when I was teaching granddaughter about sewing. These we not used for her project, so they got set aside. I stitched them together today to use for cutting the pattern for two adult bibs. Just have to find cotton fabric to coordinate with them, now from our church's stash.
Just finished 18 school bags and 2 quilt tops and 1 back. Guess I will start on my sister's bag on Monday.
Tonight a local band is playing outdoors at DQ. Dancing on their site out front( cemented area). They have a landscape area and folks bring lawn chairs and enjoy listening and dancing. 6-9pm So tonight we will go early and eat at DQ. To show appreciation for them hosting this about 4 times through out the nice weather.
Have a nice evening. I know I will!! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿค—
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€