Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:52 am

Good morning,

We're coming to the end of July and not a moment too soon! We're supposed to cool down into the 70's come Aug 1st. I know with a 20 degree drop so suddenly we'll probably feel like we're freezing, but I'll take it!

Yesterday was much like my last few days. Languishing away in my sewing room. I made eight more 6" leaf blocks and now have a total of 10 done! Yay, me! I haven't counted yet just how many I have to do, all totaled. But I'm enjoying each one. Today will be the same. I washed fabric from my neighbor who gave me a second bag yesterday. It's all drying in 2 hours or less on the clotheslines. One piece is antique toys! A great addition to the Christmas swap, which, if you haven't checked it out, is antique toys! She also gave me a lot of other Christmas and Halloween fabrics, some Shamrocks, and "other". Now to fit it all into my newly organized and very full fabric shelves! But I'm a trooper. I can' do it!

LORI - happy anniversary! How many years? Did you go out? If so, I hope it was Italian. I love Italian!

CAROL - glad your injection site is starting to improve. I would bet you are sensitive to something in the manufacturing process. I have heard from Cindy! She has always loved camping - it was her and Don's favorite thing to do. So her kids talked her into buying a travel trailer and parking it on a cement slab next to them and she is enjoying fixing it up. Though she says some things, like lining shelves, is difficult to do one-armed. But she's improving after her surgery and I think this is a good move for her. I sent Becca a QIAD comfort quilt for her hubby and tracking shows it was delivered to her doorstep yesterday so I imagine I'll hear from her soon.

JANA - toys are magical! They come out of the woodwork when the little ones arrive! Maybe you need an old fashioned play pen for "small toy play". lol!

VELDA - I like mac & cheese any way I can get it!

We are doing an IRISH for our supper tonite - off to Subway we go. Bill's suggestion. And I can get on board with that!

What's your best idea?

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:54 am

I just received a message from Becca. She didn't give an update on their health status other than they now have Hospice coming to help out. But they did receive CA's comfort quilt yesterday. I will post her message in its entirety in PFTH. So, it sounds like everything is status quo at their house - which isn't great, but isn't any worse.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:47 am

Good afternoon!

Mary - what a great piece of fabric! Just perfect!

My other little girls will be here a bit later. I have the pool ready and waiting for lots of giggles and splashes.

Dinner will be spaghetti and cheesy biscuits. Salad too.

We are still warm, hovering just below 100. That's fine with me, I'm inside, well, until this afternoon, when I am on pool watch duty. Waiting on the afternoon thunderstorm to appear.

We got all the toys corralled and I can let Yoohoodi loose. It was needed!

That's my day, my sewing machine misses me!

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, glad the quilt arrived for CA and that you heard from Becca. Your days sounds really perfect to me! I'd love to drop 20°! We'd be 70° 🎉 we got another 6/10 of rain last night! So appreciated!!
Lori, happy anniversary! I hope you had a great day 🥰
Jana, we really cleaned our house yesterday and I let Mr. Gears touch up the floors today. He does a great job but when they get too messy we have to bring out the big vacuums. I mopped too and dusted and cleaned 1 bathroom yesterday. With these rains our house has been staying cleaned, I'm so thankful. I'm doing laundry today.
Yesterday Jazmyne turned 15! Can you imagine?! Blows my mind! We went to Denny's for a birthday supper, I had breakfast ❤️
One of our solar people are here right now, he came to hook me up so I can use the app to see stats about the system and he found something wrong with our system, that it's not producing efficiently so he's working on resolving it on the phone with the company.
Supper tonight will be leftover pot roast and all that went with.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:16 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Glad you have heard from Becca and Cindy!

Jana - Just a matter of time and you will have Karlie well trained to pick up toys and eat wider variety of food. Hope you can also figure out how to make your sewing machine hum again without disturbing others.

Tina - Rain! Oh WOW! Oh, Boy! So glad you are getting some rain. The LA area is supposed to get some, but probably not us, more in the foothills not here near the coast.

This morning I put my foot down and told DH we needed to clean the TV/cat room. The floor was a mess. the wood floor is now beautiful and shiny once again. The furniture is clean, and everything is sparkling once again. Besides I did most of the laundry and cleaned the bathroom, well almost finished.

DH is now putting the redwood stain on the picnic table he got me for my birthday. We had looked at several with some at very high prices. We looked at one that turned into a bench. As a table the maximum was 400 lbs. for four people. As a bench the maximum was 200 lbs. for two people. That wouldn't work! We are not big people, but do not wish to purchase something that isn't well made. He found an unfinished table with benches attached at Home Depot. It looked a bit rough at first and he did turn one of the pieces of wood over on one bench, because one side had too many knot holes. He filled and sanded and today he stained. It looks beautiful.

Maryz - We may follow you to Subway for dinner tonight. It is humid here and quite uncomfortable. We may also decide on Fast Hash.

Return to “Chit Chat”