Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:39 am

Good morning,

We are 65* this morning, going to 95*. Looking forward to Monday's 79* with possible drizzle! My skin is saying, "what the heck is going on here?!?" It needs some rain! And so does my yard.

Not getting a lot done these days. I've been kind of spinning my wheels in my play room. So far in two days I have two 6" leaf blocks made, one 4" Broken Dishes block (used in border), and about 6 more blocks cut out. I'm feeling kind of languorous lately. Oh well. Sometimes that's what we all need.

JANA - Is there room to put sound barrier partitions between you and Keri in the basement? Or hang a pretty noise muffling quilt? Or is there room in a corner of her bedroom to set up a desk? We know two people who work out of their bedroom closet. So two of your brood have new jobs now. So nice that things are working out for everyone! I received my Skinnie pattern yesterday of 3 nutcrackers. I'll never see a skinnie pattern without thinking of you.

VELDA - Mac & cheese! Yum! My favorite! I could live on it, but I only let myself make it about once every 9 months or so. Do you make a cheese sauce, mix in the cooked macaroni, and then bake it (or not), or do you do it like my mom did - layer the mac, cheese slices, a sprinkling of flour between layers, and then carefully pour in milk and bake it? I do it both ways and I like both ways equally well.

CAROL - it will be nice to have new glasses. My lenses are getting old. I get my eyes examined every year and usually just get new lenses in my old frames, getting new frames about every 4 or 5 years. But last year there wasn't an appreciable change in my Rx so I kept my lenses, and they are showing their age. Next time I'm going to treat myself to all new everything!

We have enough goulash left over from last night to warm up for tonite. I used a recipe I got from a co-worker from 50 years ago. I haven't made it for about 30 years. Bill liked it. But it calls for mozzarella cheese in it, which really clings to forks, serving spoon, and dishes and is hard to clean, so I think next time I make it I'll just sprinkle parmesan on top when I serve it.

What's the plan at your house?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, July 28th

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:54 am

Mary, when it's that hot without A/C I wouldn't do much of anything either. To hot to sew and iron for sure. Thanks for the update on Becca. I sure hope she pulls through. She's had a tough go of it.

We went to the OC Fair last night. The entire family. What a fun time. Food, drinks, games, more food, exhibits, and piggy races. Today is my anniversary, so not sure what we will do for dinner. Probably go out.
DH is golfing this morning. He's going to need a nap when he gets home. lol

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:17 am

Happy Thursday! I have leftovers from chicken I cooked on Tuesday, sono cooking.
Sewed this morning and after lunch will be nap time.
As for Mac n cheese, weel, I used a recipe that called for making sauce and stir in with cooked macaroni. We didn't bake it... We are it right from the sauce pan. Yum!!
Happy Anniversary, Lori. Dinner out sounds good.
Well I don't have anything thing else, today!
Off to lunch and nap. Zzzzzzzzzz!
😴😴😴

I popped back to say::. Nice nap!! About a hour. Just right!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:47 pm

Hi y'all!

A windy hot day here, but still beautiful outside.

Dinner will be banned noodle cassarole. A favorite of Daniel and I think Karlie too. She has been trying new food at Grandma's house. Good thing, because spaghetti every night would not fly with Grandpa.

Almost done with the laundry. Did the posting to Quicken as well. Other than that, not much else going on here. Karlie is playing with her Barbies. Somehow I need to find a way to corral all these toys. They are everywhere!

Daniel will have Fridays off or working here at home. That's the company policy where he works now.

My arm is still a bit sore, but subsiding. Heading out to go get the new rug for the Batt Cave. Just need to find some energy.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:37 pm

Good Afternoon,

Spent the morning doing a couple loads of laundry and some furniture polishing and sweeping, now it is time to chat and sew.

Jana - My arm is still a bit red and sore too, it is almost okay though. So glad Karlie is trying new things at your house.

Maryz - Sorry you have so much warm weather. Every afternoon it has been windy here. It is tiresome! The wind does keep things cooler though. Glad for the update on Irish. Have you heard from Becca or Cindy?

Vel - Enjoy your nap! Sounds like a great idea!

Lori - Happy Anniversary! Hope you have many more.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken and Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”