Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, July 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, July 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:35 am

Good morning,

We are a cloudy 62* this morning and the forecast has been adjusted to "only" 89* today instead of 93*. Not much of a change, but it sounds cooler. We are diligent about letting cool air in at night and closing up house and pulling shades next morning when it starts to heat up. We even keep unnecessary lights off.

Yesterday I finished cleaning, organizing, refolding/stacking my fabrics. Once I was done with that, I started messing them up again! lol! I made a sample 6" batik maple leaf block. It turned out purrfectly, so I'm good to go, making more. I'll be working on that new project today. When this heat wave is done, I'll be getting back out in the yard again for a few days, and also doing some serious indoor cleaning in preparation for all the family coming in mid-Aug. In the meantime, we have a boondocker arriving this afternoon for 2 nights.

VELDA - fun to have a Birthday Button for your Willie to wear on his special day. Scottie will eat anything and everything. Just in case it might be food. He is quite a gobbletygook. When we take him into Home Depot, he learned early on that some of those orange aprons the employees wear have TREATS in them! So he will park himself right in front of them and just stare at the apron. lol!

LORI - what quilts have you been working on? Sounds like you're getting a lot accomplished! And yes, Scottie got spoiled, no worries there! lol! Not one, but TWO Frosty Paws as well as extra cookies through the day. A long walk, extra pets, and I sang Happy Birthday to him twice.

JANA - glad you got that shot! Is it your first booster? We got a booster last Oct and again in March. We'll get another one in Oct or Nov, plus our flu shots. I don't mind shots. I would rather GET a shot than GIVE one. I always hated giving shots. But I liked starting IV's. Sometimes I can't figure me out. Have you found a hand project to work on yet?

TINA - I know you are keeping up on your shots, too! You probably saved that little hummers life! St. Francis of Asissi is smiling on you! Seems like you just got Duncan. Time does fly. Funny, you've never had chicken enchiladas with flour tortillas, and I've never had them with corn tortillas.

I'm making goulash in the crockpot for tonite's supper. I'll get it started after my morning walk and we'll set the crockpot out on the deck. We don't need any extra heat sources inside for sure!

Have you got your menu planned out yet? JANA - I know you've got ribs on your menu, right? :D

purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, July 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:01 am

I received a text from Irish this morning. She is still pretty sick but was able to text us:

Hi Mary, it's me.. I'm still hanging in there, sometimes by a thread but still here, lol ...
I guess I'm sort of a puzzle,just can't figure out the problem....Now I'm on antibiotics in hopes of chasing the germ away....
I'm really not able to do anything and without my sister, I'd probably be in a nursing home
I really do appreciate all the prayers, cards and good thoughts....
I am going to beat this, I have too many unfinished projects.....
Thank everyone for me, please....😻
luv yaa

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:54 am

Mary, thanks for the update on Irish. OMG! Cute story about the people wearing the orange aprons. These pets are so smart!!
Well, I slow fried my chicken breasts with light breading for supper last night. They were delicious and tonight we eat out with friends enroute to the dancing, so I have leftovers now for tomorrow. Might make chicken breast salad tomorrow night.
I made from scratch, (yesterday at lunch), Mac n cheese. Boy was that good, too!. That's what we had for lunch, just a while ago.
I cut out nine more school bags to work on. One piece of fabric I brought home didn't feel heavy enough for more bags, so I measured it and found I needed 3" on each side and 3-4" on top. Took time to sort through the scraps and found enough to make borders . Stitched it up for a quilt back. Then decided to quit for today.
That's all I know for today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:30 am

Good morning!

Oh so good to hear from our Irish! Prayers they get a handle on this rotten germ!

The hangover feeling has almost disappeared. Still a bit though.

Dinner is still the same as yesterday. Karlie has asked for spaghetti, so on Friday when the other two little girls are here, we'll have that. Kate has a medical shift on Friday and Saturday for a BMX race here in Herriman. Aaron is on duty for that as well. Also, the city is finally getting his new work truck all decked out, so he get it in a couple of days. No more driving the unmarked police vehicle. Also Aaron is hot on the trail of a group of thieves that have been hiding - storing - what appears to be stolen vehicles, up around the corner from us. The owners of the property claim that they are car dealers, which they are not, and are holding the overflow from their car lot on this vacant lot. Aaron has been researching all the haps and the state police are now in on it too. Feds are next. What better way to hide things like that, in a naive neighborhood! They don't know Aaron very well, do they! LOL!

Mary - sounds like a great new project you are starting. I like brights, but have a hard time with a black background. Just out of my comfort zone. Tried it a couple of times and those beginnings are now at Sarah's house, she wouldn't let me pitch in the trash.

Well, since I am feeling better, may try to go play downstairs. There is another space, over in a far corner that we can set up a office area for Kari. It's away from my sewing machine. But it would mean a folding table for her desk, and bare concrete walls. Now, my area, is a much brighter and nicer space. Sarah has used that corner for her job in the past. And the girl did take the offer for Sarah's old sod job. Sarah will train her starting in September. Sarah's new job, at the school, is going beautifully and she already has streamlined what she does. Sarah knows how to use the program Excel, inside, out and backwards to make it sing and do everything but the dishes! They love her! The school job is about 20 normal hours per week. Not like sod, which is early to late, all day long.

Well, time to go,
Hugs,
Jana.

Oh yes, enchiladas - I do both ways, corn or flour, what ever strikes my fancy, more like, what's in the house.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:38 pm

Good Evening,

Today I ordered new glasses after having a complete eye exam (without dilation that I refused). I have been seeing an eye doctor and she is taking pictures of the back of my eye. We just talked about it nine days ago. DH then picked up his car from repair. It needed a new condenser for the air conditioner. He is really glad it is working!

Dinner tonight was Parmesan Chicken with Marinara Sauce, Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli. We had nothing for a salad.

Jana - The back corner sounds like a good compromise to the basement sharing space problem. Maybe you could put up a fake window for her to look out instead of the cement?? Hope Daniel can find a house closer to his work. Ten minutes from your house would make his commute only 20 minutes which is much easier. I think I remember he wanted to stay with you for a while to save money though. You have a lot going on these days.

Maryz - Happy late Birthday to Scottie. It hardly seems possible he is nine already. Glad you heard from Irish. Hope she is better soon.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”