Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:29 am

Good morning,

Today is supposed to go to 96*, the hottest day so far this year for us. Yesterday was 87*. The lower level of our split level house stays pretty cool so I may be hanging out down there with cross-stitch, book, and TV this afternoon and evening. I may even go out to the trailer and turn on the A/C. Yesterday I made 4 Aug lotto blocks and today I'll clean up that mess and straighten up more fabric shelves. That seems to be an on-going task. I was looking through my pattern binder yesterday for something else and happened to stumble on a pattern that really caught my eye - brightly colored fall leaves in batiks with black background. I love brights on black. And I could really use another fall quilt around here. So that may be my next project.

Today is Scottie's birthday! He's 9 years old! I remember my 9th birthday. I got a yellow sweatshirt and a Barbie game. Scott is going to get an extra cookie and a Frosty Paw.

TINA - it looks like for the next four days we will be warmer than you! How often does that happen?? I'm glad you got some rain. Even we are begging for rain right now. We have sprinklers for our yard but our big trees are thirsty.

JANA - Ooh, I've made snickerdoodle muffins. YUM! Who wouldn't love those!

CAROL - I'm guessing you are correct - that you are allergic to something in the immunizations or in the production process. We have a good friend who is very allergic to duck eggs (but not to any other egg.) He can't get flu shots because duck eggs are used in the production of the vaccine.

Tonite will be chef's salad for supper. Too hot to cook (or eat) anything else. I'll boil some eggs this morning and we'll add some beans (kidney or black, I think. We're out of garbanzo). I also add thawed frozen peas. And we have ice cream for afters.

Have you got any good ideas yet?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 26

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:49 am

Good morning! Sorry about your extreme heat. We just got over a spell here. I understand about "too hot to cook".
Happy Birthday to Scotty!! What special treat does he get today. Too bad the "kid" can't actually understand this is his special day. We had a "happy birthday" button that I always had "Willy" wear on his birthday (Jan 2) when we were in Texas. Everyone fussed over him on his walks. He loved all the extra attention! He could have had lots of extra treats, but he was so funny because he would never take a treat from anyone but "mom or dad". Almost like we trained him. LOL
Well, supper tonight will be pork or chicken. Need to see what's in my freezer. Nothing planned yet.
Enjoying a cooler, cloudy, rainy day here in Illinois. Great day to sew!! Stay as cool as you can in Pacific Northwest 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:02 am

Happy birthday Scottie. I know your mama will spoil you today like she does everyday. I can't believe he's 9 already. Stay cool.

I got 2 quilts bound yesterday. Now on to more quilting. I have 3 more layered ready to quilt.

Late lunch today. Not sure what I feel like having yet.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Good afternoon!

Happy birthday Scottie! Enjoy that frosty paw!

Just got home from our booster shot and Costco. The nurse, a guy, was extremely good at shots, never even felt a prick! I still was grumbling about getting it, but it's the last one, so I still told Michael he owes big time! Fabric might appease me, we will see, when and how I will collect.

Dinner will be hamburgers and French fries. Aaron tried Costco 's burgers that are made with Chuck and brisket and said they were really yummy. So I got a package to try here. I will serve them on a ciabatta roll. I even know tomorrow 's dinner- baby back ribs and macaroni or potato salad. The ribs just jumped in the Costco cart.

My little Pixie and Termite are outside playing in the wading pool. Water is always good on a hot day.

Sewing is probably a tomorrow project. I need to find something to do, being. bored and y'all know what kind of trouble that can bring

Hugs,,
Jana.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:51 pm

Hi everyone! I was headed here early today because I had sewing day plans....... well those plans went poof because there was this baby hummingbird on the ground when Frankie went out to feed the chickens. He didn't tell me for about 30 minutes because he was cleaning the pond filters and then making him coffee. That man needs to reevaluate his priorities LOL anyways I went out and picked it up, it was in pretty rough shape. I sat with it for at least 2 hours and fed him. He got to buzzing around a little and then eating really good. He made a couple low flights but seemed tired so I'd take him back to the feeder and he'd drink and drink. He stayed there till after 1:30 and I noticed a female hummer hovering over him and not leaving him and drinking right beside him. I went out about an hour later and can't find him anywhere. So I'm hoping he's ok and hopefully that was his mommy and either got him back to the nest or got him flying better.
Happy birthday Scotty!! Wow 9 already! Duncan turns 10 this year.
We're 90° right now. Stay cool!
Velda, Willy's birthdays sounded extra cute. Smart little guy there not accepting treats from anyone else besides mom and dad ❤
Lori, wow you're on a roll! Busy busy!
Jana, I'll be going to get another booster soon, it'll be my 4th. I get them more often because of Dad and then there's my health issues that put me at risk. We try to schedule after Dad's chemo injections and give his body time to get his immune system back up and running before he gets his next one, then we all go get them again. I hope you don't have any ill affects from it.
Dad had to get his prolia injection today, he's pretty sick feeling. I may be taking a plate to him tonight. I made a pot roast with everything.
I'm also making tomorrow's supper tonight because I didn't make my chicken fajitas last night because I forgot we had leftover taco meat and I was making nachos. Soooooo I read this new recipe in my email this morning on creamy chicken enchiladas. It sounds really good except they use no Chile what so ever. But in the ad-in and suggestions part it has Chile there. And they use flour tortillas instead of corn, I've never had enchiladas with flour tortillas. So anyways the chicken was thawed and I'm going to go ahead and make it and just reheat it for supper tomorrow. LOL like my book there on supper 🤷‍♀️

Return to “Chit Chat”