Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 25

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 25

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:06 am

Good late morning,

We had a late evening and subsequently, a late morning. And I meet my neighbor, Lori, to walk every morning at 7am. So now I'm walked, fed, showered, and have one load of wash in the washer. I've got windows open to catch cool morning air and will close everything up when it gets warmer. Going to 87* here today but will be 90's rest of the week.

Our evening with friends was quite nice and relaxing. I put out a large veggie tray w/hummus, cheese & crackers, and a dish of green olives. Then we had Take'n'Bake pizzas and after that, apple strudel and vanilla ice cream. But we were tired when they left and hence - overslept. In this house - that means we got up at 0530 instead of 0500

I have no real plans for today, but I do have that load of wash to hang - and take down and fold later. And I plan to make some August lotto blocks - they are to be in Christmas fabric! That will be fun. Christmas and Halloween sewing are my favorite holiday sewing.

LORI - thanks for filling me in on Opportunity Quilts. I guess I live under a rock - but it's a happy little rock! That quilt is beautiful! Is your quilt in the same color scheme?

CAROL - I have always preferred the Sat evening Mass. It's a little livelier music, and it fits into life a bit better. If there's credit to be had, I'll take it! I'm thinking your 8" stars will shine!

Tonite we're having chicken fajitas, made with leftover grilled chix from 2 nights ago. I have lots of peppers, onions, and I might slip in some other veggies as well. And I think I'll add a salad on the side. I'm trying to up our veggie intake.

What's your plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, July 25

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:05 am

Good morning!
I've been chatting/ texting with Mary and Chickie this morning and pulling Christmas fabrics. That August lotto block looks super cool, you all should check it out!
Mary, we were 69° this morning with a 7mph breeze and I opened all our windows too to cool the house and air it out. We got 6/10 of an inch of rain yesterday evening, it was glorious! Wet everything nicely and cooled us down. We're to hit 90 I think today.
I did outside work yesterday so I'm doing inside work today.
I think I'll make chicken fajitas too for supper.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:52 am

Good afternoon!

Dinner is on the theme of everyone else - we'll have nachos.

A meeting of the minds is taking place at the kitchen table. Daniel and Michael are discussing how to safely hang the new ceiling fan in their bedroom. The framing in the attic is new fangled truss framing, driving the architect and engineer nuts. Almost as bad as two engineers working together!

I made yummy snickerdoodle muffins for breakfast this morning. A new food to Karlie, we are trying to get her to try them.

Not much else here. I need to call and get an appointment for my eyes. My glasses to read with are needing to be checked and maybe changed. Also need new frames for the pair I keep upstairs. As my dad always said, I have an eye like an eagle, a dead one!

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:05 pm

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did not include the menu. It was Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Green Peas.

Today will be Marinated Grilled Chicken and Mashed Potatoes.

Jana - I have an appointment on Wednesday to get new glasses. I was thinking of replacing the very scratched lenses in my current pair but dug out some old ones that are a much darker frame. I have been told I look like I have lost weight. LOL I knew your life would settle down. I am sure Michael is enjoying the conversation with Daniel. It must be nice to hear it.

Maryz - Glad your party went well. I did get the 1st of the 2-part Shingles shot on Saturday. Yesterday my arm started getting a little rash and a bit warm, so I dutifully got out the Benadryl Cream and applied several times. Today it looks worse, a bit swollen and remains warm to the touch. Guess I will try an ice pack. This is what has been happening every time I get a shot lately. I believe I have a slight allergy to something in the shots.

Tina - Happy dance for the rain! Glad you are a little cooler.

Today I need to write an article for the Guild Newsletter. Also, will be continuing to stipple a quilt.

Hope everyone is sewing!
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”