Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:49 am

Good morning,

July 24th! We are really rolling through this summer! But with the temps most of the nation is experiencing, I'm sure everyone will be happy to see cooler fall temps!

I had no plan yesterday and yet I was busy all day long! I grocery shopped, then finished getting my North Stars quilt fabrics all together, block by block. https://www.google.com/search?q=elizabe ... #cobssid=s For my background on all the blocks, I'm using a grunge fabric that is pale icy blue with hints of green in it. Then I got binding on my Star Bright (posted a pic of that a few weeks ago). Today's plan - clean up messes from all that and do a few other uglies.

LORI - what is an opportunity quilt? A quilt that people have the opportunity to buy tickets for?

CAROL - well, it looks like you know about opportunity quilts. It's the buzz word of the day! :D Sorry to hear about your crowns. They are expensive! About $1200 to $1400 here. We don't have dental insurance. Bill has been going to a dentist in Algodones, Mexico, across the border from Yuma for 15 years. (She is American trained). She charges about $250/crown. I think I chipped one of my crowns last month. I'll find out come October . . And I inspired you to make some 8" blocks?? With my stars or ?? Am I getting credit or blame? :lol:

What fun to find a new quilt shop! And then to share it with a friend! We call that "enabling". :lol:

We invited a couple over for happy hour and pizza tonite and we also asked them to bring their friends who we have met several times. So we'll be 6 out on our deck. Will be too warm for fire. I'm going to have a veggie & hummus tray, cheese & crackers, 2 kinds of take'n'bake pizza, and for dessert, I'm making apple strudel (with purchased pastry sheets and a can of apple pie filling) with vanilla bean ice cream.

What's on your menu for tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, July 24th

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:00 am

Maryz, an Opportunity quilt is made by the guild members and raffled off to raise money for the guild. Quilt guilds are non profit, so we need to make money to continue what we do. We sell tickets for $1 a piece, $5 for 6, or $20 for 24 tickets. Money goes back into the guild for philanthropy, and education. This is the quilt we are raffling off now. It's a Judy Niemeyer paper pieced 99 inches square.

Worked on quilting and binding up a philanthropy quilt yesterday. Need to clean up the mess in the sewing room today.

Not sure what's for dinner but I have chicken, ground beef and fajita meet that I can use. So we will see what I feel like making later. It usually depends on what I'm doing at the time and how much time I have to prepare.

Have a lovely day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:13 am

Good Morning,

We went to Mass last evening. I have the bone density medicine to take on Sunday morning and need to remember so I placed the box on top of the electric tea kettle. Then I set the timer and go sit down for an hour. It was easier when we went to Mass in the morning, and I just took the medicine before we left for Mass. Such is life! I do enjoy sleeping in though.

This morning for breakfast I made biscuits. For breakfast we also had scrambled eggs and watermelon with blueberries.
I had moved the baking supplies to another cupboard a while back because it is wearing out and with the baking supplies in there it didn't get as much use. I couldn't stand it! I had to take everything out of the cupboard to get what I wanted when I wanted to bake anything. I moved it back this morning and put the cereal, coffee and tea in its place. In the process the shelves all got wiped down.

Lori - Your Guild Opportunity Quilt is beautiful! Is it going to be at Long Beach?

Maryz - You are getting credit for the stars. I did decide to make mine larger though. I had larger pieces and wanted to use them to their advantage. Your dinner sounds very good.

Today, I will be cleaning bedroom, then it is on to sewing.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:15 am

Carol, yes, It will be at the Long Beach show on Saturday August 6. I'm volunteering at the show that day. I believe we are doing white glove duty.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:21 am

Hi Lori - Your Guild's quilt will also be at the September meeting of our Guild-SBQG. I have a baby Shower on Saturday, August 6th and I think I am on vacation in September. I will find a way. I have a friend who will be white gloving on Saturday I will ask her to buy tickets for me. Our Quilt will be there on Thursday. I am white gloving on Friday morning. We use Sign-Up Genius for signing up.

Return to “Chit Chat”