Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:40 am

Good morning,

It's a beautiful, if cloudy morning. We will be a sunny 74* this afternoon and loving it. I'm going to be savoring today and tomorrow because a heat wave is on it's way Tues thru the end of the week.

Yesterday we went to brunch at our new pancake house. Some of it was wonderful and some of it was less so. Never had such good coffee in a restaurant! But, you had to ask for refills, they weren't offered. You didn't get teaspoons with the silverware packet, nor did you get paper napkins until after the food was delivered. Some of the food was really tasty, but Becky's omelet was kind of weird - almost like a puffy pancake. My scrambled eggs were good but the potato pancakes tasted like fish. Bill & Becky tasted them and agreed. They were served with very runny applesauce which was really hard to eat with a fork. But the pancakes the guys had were great. We'll go again because it has potential. And we needed a good breakfast restaurant in town. But I will be ordering different things next time.

In the afternoon I started kitting up my North Stars. There are nine blocks in this quilt, 24" each. I'm not sure if I'll sew it here or take it to Texas this winter. But whenever, wherever, I'll be ready! I have half that project to go so I'll probably get it finished today. Bill's almost done quilting Star Bright and I have the binding and label ready to go for that.

TINA - thank you for the recipe. I printed it off. It looks tasty and flexible.

JANA - well, who wouldn't love cheesy bread sticks!! Yum!! Glad Karlie found them to her liking. Did you get to sew yesterday?

CAROL - Bill and I always go for our dental cleanings together. We have different hygienists so our appts are at the same time. We go every 6 months so at each cleaning make appts for the next time. What are you cutting fabric for? Yesterday I cut 200 5-1/2" squares of muslin to back my crazy quilt blocks. And they, along with a big tote of scraps, will go to TX with me this winter. I've been working on a king sized crazy quilt for 18 months, mostly while traveling. The other project I'm kitting up is North Stars by Elizabeth Hartman. That may also go to TX or I might do it here. Depends on how the projects fall, I guess.

I think tonite's supper will be BBQ'd chicken with potato & onion packets on the grill. And the ever present salad. Our local news has a Question of the Day every weekday. Last week the question was "60% of people order this in a restaurant because they never make it at home." The answer was salad! I was surprised because we make salad almost every night. Do you all make salads?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, July 23

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:33 am

Mary, North Stars will be a darling quilt. I like her patterns. Lois of pieces, but very organized.

I'm going to a quilt shop to sell opportunity tickets for our quilt today. Then coming home to sew.

Dinner will be fajitas.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:52 am

Good Morning,

Lori - Hope you sell lots of tickets! One of the Orange County Guilds is visiting at our Guild's September meeting to sell opportunity tickets, is it your guild?

Maryz - Our Dentist retired last week as it turns out and sold his practice. DH and I had different hygienists too. Both of us had x-rays done and lo and behold were both told we need to have crowns replaced. I have been having a little discomfort, DH no discomfort. The crowns are all about 25 years old. We go back in August. Even with insurance it is expensive.

We did get quite a bit done in the morning. I finished the laundry and we cleaned the bathrooms. Laundry is all put away. I even got some sewing time in. I am using a Diamond Star pattern from AccuQuilt for some scraps. I am making an 8" finished block. (Inspired by you Maryz.) I want to cut out a Trip Around the World Quilt as well and have been reading directions to enable me to cut it using the AccuQuilt. I have QIAD's pattern and some really pretty fabric I have been wanting to use in a quilt.

We had a very late lunch yesterday, so dinner was some leftovers for me and Pizza for DH. Dinner tonight will be Chicken and Rice.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:00 am

Greetings Maryz, Lori,and Carol, and all others as you drop by.
My DH and I too, go together to Dentist for cleaning. It's easier to schedule together. Our dentist has two hygienist also.
Good luck selling tickets, Lori.
Today I introduced a friend from church to my favorite quilt shop in the country. She was so glad I took her. I asked her what she thought! OMG! She's lived in this area for years and never knew it was there! She thought it was awesome!
We both got what we needed and even a few extras. LOL. Will be starting my new purse for my sister ( other sister). 😉
Also making more adult bibs for church to give out. More school bags for school kits. I have 8 cut out ready to see.
Going to be busy, busy, busy here!
Have another dance event tonight. Soon be time to get clothes changed.
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”