Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:35 am

Good morning,

The neighbor's roosters are really giving us a concert this morning! I love those roosters. Funny how different they sound from each other, too.

Yesterday I did get my cabinets and a few drawers relined, my backing fabrics moved into a tote, 2 pr shorts shortened for Bill, sewing room cleaned up, and 1 load of wash on the lines. It sounds like a lot, but it really wasn't. Today - going out to brunch with Bill's sister and her DH at our new pancake house. Then, not sure what's happening . . I think I'll cut some 5-1/2" muslin squares for my crazy quilt so it's ready to go into the trailer for travel sewing. And I could probably start pulling fabrics for my North Stars quilt. I was thinking of just kitting up each block - again for travel sewing. But I may not be able to wait that long before digging into that project. :D The Fire Dept called us back yesterday to inform us how they're 'resolving' the issue we raised about Vicki's driveway being too overgrown for their emerg. vehicles. They sent a letter to her family. And Code Enforcement did the same. We expect family will basically ignore both letters, but maybe . . . . . If nothing else, it might stir her kids to check in on her more often than 1 hr a week. And do more while they are there.

TINA - that recipe sounds good. I would like to have it, please. We don't use rotisserie chicken but we do have a lot of chix breasts in the freezer. Has your dad reported to his that the penicillin is making him sick? They do have other abx he could probably take. Doctors want to know if patients have side effects.

JANA - are you talking about the upstairs or downstairs flooring? And yes, we had our downstairs done in vinyl planks that look like wood. And we took the little stuff out of the big room, but the furniture - we just shoves to one side, and then over to the other side. It was much easier. We had our floor laid on the diagonal, which really looks pretty cool. But it does take a little more time and a bit more material.

VELDA - I thought WM was reviving their fabric department! Guess not. We don't have a WM here but we do stop now and then when traveling.

I'm thinking we might have orange chix tonite with rice. I will run it by the HOH, but he almost always agrees with whatever I suggest.

What's your suggestion for supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, July 22nd

Post by auntjana » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:52 am

Good morning!

We were serenaded by our little rooster and the garbage trucks this morning. It's is appearing to be a beautiful day here too. Albeit, hot, still nice.

I am heading down to sew in a few minutes. Kari is only working a short time today, as they are heading to the DMV for their new DL's and car registrations.

Mary - stay on top with code enforcement. If Aaron was there, it would get cited each time it fell out of code. It's a safety issue for all.

Dinner - we got pizza last night - it was a huge pizza! So we will warm it and add a salad for today's dinner. Karlie ate another new food - cheesy bread sticks - she loved them.

Well, I'm off,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:25 am

Good Morning,

I forgot to post yesterday, of course all day long I was trying to decide what to have for dinner. Dinner was Stuffed Pepper Casserole. It was delicious!

Today DH both have a dental cleaning appointment. This is a first for us. We usually are two weeks apart, however with the price of gas and the fact our Dentist is about 20 miles away it seemed prudent to schedule appointments together. (DH worked very close to this dentist and as you know it is hard to change dentists.)

It is clean bathrooms, change bed, and laundry day here today. I think I will sew in between. Yesterday I cut fabric using scraps. I will finish cutting in the next couple of days. I could just start sewing those blocks together too.

Jana - So good you are introducing new foods to Karlie. Glad to hear your life is settling down and you are finding time to sew.

Maryz - Glad you gave us an update on Irish and Becca. Prayers going to both of them. What is your new project? I think you have made everything for your Christmas gift giving. Are you just going to cut fabric and kit it for your travels?

Dinner tonight will be Chicken, I am leaning toward grilling, but Chicken and Rice might be nice too. I will think about it today.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Hi all!
Sorry I'm just running through but wanted to post there recipe....I didn't make the dip, I just used some sour cream.

Tina

California Chicken Club Ring

INGREDIENTS:
Oil for brushing
3 oz. (90 g) fresh kale (about 4 cups/1 L)
2 green onions, trimmed and cut in half
1 pkg (2.5 oz. or 65 mL) precooked bacon
1 garlic clove
1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
4 oz. (125 g) pepper jack cheese (1 cup/250 mL grated)
1 tbsp (15 mL) light mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
1 lb. (450 g) rotisserie chicken, shredded
2 cans (8 oz./226 g each) reduced-fat crescent rolls
1 egg yolk
½ tsp (2 mL) water
Avocado Dip
½ cup (125 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
1 large avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
1 tsp (5 mL) lemon juice
1 green onion, cut into chunks
⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and black pepper
DIRECTIONS
Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush the Large Round Platter with oil using the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.

Remove kale leaves from the stem with the Herb Stripper and place the leaves into the Classic Batter Bowl. Add the green onion and bacon and coarsely chop with the Salad Chopper.

Add the garlic pressed with the Garlic Press to the bowl and mix to combine. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH, for 2 minutes, or until the kale is slightly wilted.

Place the tomatoes into the Close & Cut and use the Coated Chef’s Knife to cut them in half. Grate the cheese with the Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater. Add the cheese, tomatoes, mayonnaise, mustard, and chicken to the batter bowl and stir to combine.

Unroll the crescent dough and separate it into 16 triangles. Arrange the wide ends about 1" (2.5 cm) away from the inner ring of the platter. The points should extend over the edge of the platter (see cook’s tip). Flatten the wide ends of the dough with the Baker’s Roller®.

Use the Large Scoop to distribute the filling evenly over the dough. Bring the points of the triangles up and over the filling, then tuck the points under the dough toward the center to form a ring.

Whisk the egg yolk and water in a small bowl. Brush the ring with the egg wash. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.

Return to “Chit Chat”