Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning!

Today is my Billiam's birthday. The poor old guy is 74. We had presents and coffee this morning and now he's off to his exercise class at the "Y" and I'll be off walking in a few minutes. I've already got the bed stripped and sheets in the washer. It's going to be a purrfect day for drying on the lines. After my chiropractor appt we're going steak and jeans shopping. He REALLY needs new jeans. And he bought himself a few specialty tools last month and put a To Bill tag on them, so he's good on presents!

Yesterday I worked on my stick horses for Tina's Christmas swap. I think I posted a picture in the thread. I also posted a photo of the calendar swap quilt. It still needs quilting, but the top is together. Today is sheets, chiro, cake baking, and maybe some reading. I have a new quilt book - applique blocks for the fifty states - in the mail waiting to be picked up, so it will be fun to go through that this afternoon.

JANA - have fun with all the little girls! Will all be in school come fall? Get that booster! We want no more Covid at your house! You hear?!

CAROL - we got the 2-part shingles shot a few years ago and I'm relieved to know I'm protected. Our only reaction to that was a bit of soreness at the injection site. Do you know there was a study done on reactions to Covid shots. Half the group got the real vaccine and half the group got saline sol'n. 69% of the adverse reactions reported were from the saline group. The power of the mind! I was really tired for a day but that's all I felt. Bill felt like he had flu for a day.

Bill said he wants a rib eye steak for his birthday. So that's what we're having. And french fries, salad, and cake. He also said he wants white cake with chocolate frosting. Even though he told me a long time ago he preferred chocolate. Oh well - if he wants MY favorite, who am I to argue!

What are YOU having for Bill's birthday??

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, July 20th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:14 am

Good morning!
Mary, tell Mr. Bill happy birthday from us please πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³
Your party sounded great! Bill's birthday supper sounds delish!
We only cooled down to 81 last night/this morning, yesterday it was 108!πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅ We're to be about that today!
The boys have dentists appointments today so we're taking them for that and then we're picking up a grocery order for Dad and delivering that. Hopefully that's all the outside stuff today, it's just too hot to do anything.
I think I'm going to make a chicken BLT ring for supper.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:15 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Happy Birthday to your dear Bill! Hope he finds jeans and steak. Have a wonderful day! Are you baking the cake or purchasing?

Tina - You now have air conditioning, right? Your temperatures are too hot to do anything outside for very long. Hope the dentist and grocery pick up are early and you can go home and stay in the air conditioned rooms.

The new president was almost late to the meeting last night. She had gone to the post office and couldn't open the box. It is probably stuffed since no one has picked up the mail in six weeks. The meeting however went very well, and I enjoyed the speaker. Beth Upstill talked about wool applique and the wool dyeing process.

Dinner tonight will be Grilled Chicken. It is warm and humid hear too, although we had a nice breeze yesterday that kept us about 80*. Nice weather for the end of July.

Carol

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:45 am

I just received a text from Irishβ€˜s sister. I am posting it in its entirety here. I think we need to get down on our prayer bones And do what we all do so well!!

Hi Mary, I am Irish's sister, JoAnn. I thought I should let you know DJ has been terribly sick. We thought for sure it was Covid but tests were all negative and she was getting worse so it was off to the hospital....Along with her BP being 191/127 and having a slight stroke, they diagnosed her with a viral illness......Many ways to get it but nothing to fight to get rid of it... She's having a terrible time, can't eat, too weak to do any thing and at 1 point, I thought we were loosing her .. This week she's a little better, even Sat on the front porch for a couple minutes..... Kathy and Tim finally got home yesterday and I know that will perk her up....
She talks about you so much and I just thought you should know.......I know she considers you a good friend.. take care., JoAnn

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:46 am

Happy birthday to Bill. I'm sure he'll have a great day.
What time is cake?πŸ˜‹
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:51 pm

Prayers being said for Irish.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:19 pm

I am late again! But oh what
Sad news about "Irish" -- prayers for sure!! πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™
Thank you, Maryz for passing this on to us.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Bill!! Yummy dinner menu, that's for sure.
We are headed off to Wednesday evening music and dancing.
I did a little sewing today. Rummaged through my tub of church fabrics and started piecing some small strips. Added a few larger pieces. It is growing. I measured and so far I need about 10 - 11 inches for top and bottom. Didn't check the width, but I am guessing I might need about 6" on each side. If that's all I need, I have two borders already ready to attach. They are 3 1/2" wide. That will take care of seam allowance.
Finished two purses and shared pictures. Also, I have two more planned to work on as soon as my fusible gets delivered ( supposed to come on Friday)
Sure hope you all have a yummy supper/dinner, whichever you call it.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Good afternoon !

Talk about being late today! That's me! Been in the Batt Cave straightening up and getting things ready so I can sew, when I get the chance. Daniel is almost finished with building the frame for Karlie's bed. And emptying out boxes that go in the house here. I have stuff all over - but it soon will have a place and things will be normal? again.

My latest squirrel project arrived today, so I now have all to make the Kimberbell Cup of Cheer Advent quilt for this year. Sarah is going to make one too.

Dinner - something with cauliflower and cheese gravy, as Karlie calls it. Not sure what yet, but qill figure out something. Karlie loves broccoli and cauliflower, when it has cheese sauce, otherwise known as cheese gravy.

So sorry to hear of Irish's troubles. Many prayers for a quick recovery and that she'll soon be back with us again. Thanks to Jo Ann for letting Mary know. I really like the name Jo Ann - it's my real given name, except I have been called Jana for the greater part of my life. More years as Jana than Jo Ann.

Well, I have some more cleaning to do and some hand binding that needs to be finished. Doing hand work is high on my list of things I don't like, like shots too! LOL! That list seems to be getting longer as I get older!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to β€œChit Chat”