Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 19th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:44 am

Good morning,

We are having a beautiful morning here. A deck morning. With the roosters in the background. Could life be any better?

Yesterday I got my borders on my calendar quilt, pieced the backing, and made the binding. It's now in the QQ, awaiting its turn. And nothing is in the works in my sewing room. I might have to remedy that today. But I do have laundry AGAIN. And I could start relining my kitchen cabinets since my sisters are expressing some reluctantance to get involved with that project when they visit next month.

JANA - oh, I see your grocery bill probably more than doubling. And my own will, too, when all my family descends next month! But it will be worth it to both of us, I'm sure! Housing market here is cooling off very noticeably. Our Oregon friends that were just visiting here have had their eyes on a house, waiting for the asking price to drop - and it just did - $40,000. So maybe Daniel & Co will be able to find an affordable home sooner rather than later. Mary Q's kids did! :lol:

CAROL - what are you doing twice a day for your eyes? Drops? Even after one of our wettest springs on record, we still need rain, here, too. But we have a lot of big vegetation that needs big drinks.

TINA - I can't believe it took a whole year for your dad to get O2. And yes, you are a big help spending our money! But then you always find just what I didn't know I needed!

Supper last night was good. One gal brought the best fruit salad I've had in a long time. And her only dressing was a tsp of honey and lime juice. And another brought a frozen layered dessert. She softened raspberry and mango sorbets, layered and refroze them one layer at a time. Topped with a layer of softened vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut and froze that. She froze it in a glass loaf pan, then turned it out and sliced it. So pretty and so delicious! She also brought S'more fixin's so here is all of us 70-ish yr olds huddled around the campfire roasting marshmellows! It was a fun party!

Tonite, we're having fresh raw veggies with hummus and leftover pasta salad and beans. We'll be having pasta salad for some time to come. Apparently on the box where it says "contains 8 servings", they really meant to put EIGHTEEN servings. I think we'll have it for breakfast, too.

What's happening on YOUR plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 19th

Post by auntjana » Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:52 am

Good morning!

Dinner tonight will be sweet and sour chicken and shrimp fried rice. Easy for me.

The little girls will be here in a few minutes and Karlie will have playmates this morning. They will be here for a couple of hours. Water will be involved in play.

My day will be quiet and we don't have to get our boosters- the shipment didn't arrive. Happy dance for that! I didn't want it, but Michael is being insistent.

Well, time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, July 19th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:48 pm

Good Afternoon,

Guild meeting is tonight. This is the first one when I am not President. I still will be busy, but not on stage all the time, just once to talk about Intra-Guild. I hope to get more signatures on my Signature Blocks. I need quite a few.

Maryz- Yes, I take two eye drops in both eyes twice a day.

Jana - Boosters only hurts for a few minutes unless you have a reaction. I understand you do not like it, but it really is necessary to protect yourself. I need to get a Shingles two-part shot. I had a reaction to the one-part Shingles and have waited until my life was a little quieter just in case, I have a reaction to this one. I am quite certain I will have a reaction because I now have had reactions to the Covid and Influenza Vaccines. I think this weekend or early next week I will get it.

Dinner tonight for me will be either Fast Hash or Pasta and Meat Sauce. I must have dinner early, so I am leaving DH the Pasta.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”