Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:45 am

Good morning,

Our temps are going back up again, but only to mid-70's. Purrfect! We'll be in this range, give or take 5 degrees, for the next 10 days or so. Yesterday was chiro, a few other errands, finish wrapping all the Christmas presents, clean up that mess, one more errand to go get some documents notarized, made pizza, and that was pretty much my day. Today - maybe 1 load of laundry, maybe clean the family room downstairs, maybe cut some more little stars. Or maybe go to Tacoma to pick up my machine. I guess at the end of the day I'll know what I've done!

CAROL - it sounds like yesterday was pizza day for a lot of forum folk! Is the new president very close to you? You can always drop those records on her doorstep and ding dong ditch her . . .

BECCA - can't tell you how good it is to have you back! :D Glad you found some good produce. I'll be on the hunt myself today or tomorrow. My day usually evolves after I find out Bill's plans. We have friends (who are on a cruise right now) who cruised to Iceland last year and they said they loved it. Sent back pretty pictures. Which grandson of yours is there?

JANA - I printed off your recipe and will try it. I would brown the chicken first. And I might add capers or artichokes or mushrooms. Maybe a splash of white wine. I can never just follow directions. I always have to go just a little bit rogue.

Tonite we are grilling chicken. I'll probably marinate it in olive oil, lemon or lime juice, garlic, S&P, and dill. Not sure what all I'll put with it. Probably rice or orzo and grilled veggies. We're out of salad fixin's.

What sounds good to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 30th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 am

Good morning!
I missed yesterday, don't know what happened.
Jana, I'm gonna print your recipe too to try. I've found putting frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot makes them perfect by the time supper rolls around and they are soooooo moist, soft and tender.
Mary, that's how my days go.... by the end of the day I found out what I've actually done, making plans means I get laughed at by the end of the day anymore.
Becca, so glad you're back, makes my heart smile ❤
Carol, I hope the new president doesn't pass covid around from her DH, stay safe and well.
We went out for Mexican food last night. We had a combination plate with red Chile.
Tonight I'm making fajitas and guacamole.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:35 am

Good morning!

Tim, my handyman isnere and hanging my "dirty antique windows" Never need washing! LOL! He is also putting up my quilt display wire - to hang my smaller wall hanging size quilts on my stairs.

I have laundry going and we are waiting on the internet guy to arrive. I have a haircut scheduled for tomorrow and the little girls and Ethan will be here too. At nearly the same time. Grandpa will be the adult in the house, Ethan will watch and play with the girls until I get home. Sarah has a formality of a job interview tomorrow. It's with a gentleman that runs a well-known music organization for children and teens and needs a assistant in managing and organizing the different groups. Sarah put a answer to a Facebook post from him about applying for the job. He knew her and her talents from the musical group she ran for many years. Said the job is hers.This is a paid position and she will only work about 20 hours a week. Joseph just got a huge raise and she no longer needs to work for income, so she will finish the sod season this year and be done. There is another great perk in this new job, Ethan will be in the orchestra at his level , tuition free. There are several levels of orchestras with this group. That will be great for Ethan. He loves to play the cello with a group. Practice alone, not so much. The sod job runs Sarah ragged all day long, so this will be a good thing.

Now dinner- leaning towards banned, we love it and a veggie on the side. The saucefr9m the chicken was great 9n mashed potatoes - my lunch yesterday and would be equally good with orzo pasta.

Mary - I wish I had just a tiny bit of your energizer bunny in me! You are so on the ball and ahead of everything! Your family time will be so much fun! Now, will they behave and not open those gifts until Christmas?

Tina - hopefully you are getting some of this rain. Our monsoon rains usually don't happen until August, but they are here early. We'll take it!

Well, time to change my laundry, it just sang its done,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:11 am

Hello everyone sunny here today Just hitting 80 This week has been cooler
I did get my shots & run by bakery

Also cut up watermelon for us to eat on
Made CA some more pudding I plan to make pimento cheese
Did bacon for him & he ate 2 pieces His appetite took a flight Also did sweet potato fries which he did not touch I did me an ear of corn I could be a horse the way I love it

Maryz The DGS I’d Will Denise’s son They go to other countries a lot She spent 2 yrs there studying for her degree
You are a very organized person or lady

Tina I do hope you get some rain & cooler temps Thank you for your sweet words
And Maryz You are always so kind too with your words
Will & Carol have sent some beautiful pictures to us of the scenery

Jana Glad Sarah can get rid of stressful job It is a stress filled world today
I got to talk to Bethany today Tallulah just had a Birthday
Have a great day & weekend everyone
Becca

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm

Hi 'all.
Becca so happy you are back. I missed the recipe. Yum. I have to copy it down too.
Since I use "One Note" to file my favorite recipes, I just copied your recipe and your notes. I will maybe try sour cream? DH hates cream cheese and I love it. So I need to decide on a replacement or substitute.

Leftovers tonight from Tuesday. I made ribs in crockpot. So....tender!
Have angel food cake with fruit for dessert.
Oh cutting up watermelon 🍉🍉 sounds so yummy. Next grocery trip it will be on my list!

Enjoy your holiday in case I don't get on here over the weekend. 🤗. Happy 4th!!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:35 pm

Tonight I will be making Teriyaki Chicken. The rice is cooking while I speak.

I made an apron today or should say I finished it. I did get to do some grocery shopping. DH went with me.

Maryz - Enjoy the grilled chicken.

Tina - I know of five women who are or have recently been isolating because they have been exposed to Covid. At least three of them have husbands who caught Covid and have a mild case. All have been vaccinated and boosted. It seems to me the boosters are working better in the women.

Jana - It is good to have more power on the internet! You can enjoy watching more quilting programs too.

Vel - Happy Fourth to you as well!

Dinner is calling.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”