Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 am

Good morning,

Whew! we've cooled off today - going to only be 65*. Much better than 92*! And tomorrow we may get some rain! The heat really zapped me. Not many folks here in PNW have AC. So I didn't get too much done. Washed and hung one load of wash - and later took it off the lines, and cut and sewed 5 little star blocks, and wrapped a couple of Christmas gifts. That was it. Today - more stars, more Christmas gifts. Not sure what else is on my slate but I know I'll find something to keep me busy.

JANA - is Bear Lake in NE Utah? If so, we've camped up there - several years ago. Very pretty lake! How was your angel chicken dish? A keeper? I would love to hear Kate's rendition of the anthem!

TINA - the model of Bosch that we got is made specifically for Lowe's. I hope it's a good one! We were told there is another up and coming brand, Beco, that is competing with Bosch, so I'm hoping Bosch is upping its quality even more to keep ahead of the game. We've had a Maytag dishwasher that wasn't great, and Bill said he'll never own another Kitchenaid because of how he has to take the entire unit apart to clean the screen. I know nothing about LG's. And I think that's all the major brands we looked at.

VELDA - great new dancing duds! The added fabric inserts look like a fashionable twist! Thanks for the picture! You look great! I've made a few skirts for dancing, too, with elastic waists. Full skirts with a wide ruffle along the bottom, usually. I love the feel of a swirling skirt when twirling on the dance floor.

CAROL - I hope your derm appt went well and you heard nothing but good news!

It was nice to have our supper all ready to go yesterday - in the crockpot. We have enough left for tonite so I'll toss a salad to go with and we're set.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:53 am

Good morning!
Velda, great job on the skirts! Love the pics ❤ you look great too!
Mary, my dishwasher is a whirlpool, it's 25...26 years old..... somewhere around there. The feature I love about it is the silverware tray is in the door and out of the way. I did see the Bosch I looked at had a 3rd rack which was mainly for silverware up top. We had a really big easterly windstorm start around 11 last night, need to go clean up after it while it's still cool.
I'm not sure about supper, I know we'll have salad and most likely zucchini chips, I'm going to try them in the air fryer tonight.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:23 am

Hello everyone We have had cooler weather I’m sure happy about that It seems I missed. So much It’s been a time I hope I never have to repeat He is now able to get around with Walker without me behind him He still sleeps a lot He had a really bad case
Enough of that I did go outside yesterday and it made me feel so much better I did some weed eating Sure looks nice Marty mowed for us & surprised us
We lost a neighbor same time as CAs sickness The vet that lived alone Heart attack
CA eats about 1 or 2 bites no appetite at all
So not much cooking here I just boiled eggs & made banned salad
Tina My son got me a new DW when I was hurt It is a really nice one Last one I had silverware tray was on door & I liked it
Maryz Sure hope you enjoy your new DW
Velda I liked your outfits I used to make my skirts I wore to square dance Gathered with ruffle At bottom like Maryzs
Thank everyone for your cards thoughts & prayers for us They sure helped us thru a troubling time
Hugs Becca. I missed you all
I forgot to tell about my animal visit s we had Twi big turkeys a couple days ago ate grass for about 1/2 hr until I tried to get a picture
A big bunny in my flower bed having a feast
Then the big doe has come several times to eat
I love seeing them
Last edited by Becca on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 am

Good Morning,

Dermatology appointment went well, nothing new.

I looked at Consumer Reports before we bought the Bosch dishwasher. We didn’t buy the most expensive dishwasher. Some of those were not rated all that high. It was quite interesting.

Mary - sounds like you have just been trying to stay cool and puttering a lot. I have been puttering a lot too.

Tina - Let me know how you made the zucchini chips and how they turned out, please.

Tonight is the first Board meeting with the new President. Did I tell you she is isolating because she was exposed to Covid? Dinner will be Fast Hash.

I will be sewing today.

Becca - It is fabulous to have t you back with us. Glad CA is on the mend.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:43 am

Good afternoon!

We have Becca back! Yippee!

Just got home from Costco and it's all put away and our new recipe dish is in the crockpot doing it's thing. The recipe said 6-8hours on low, so I picked right in the middle, 7 hours. The recipe makes enough for 6, so since it just the two of us I only am cooking 2 breasts, but made the full amount of the sauce called for. We like lots of sauce. Will let you know how it comes out.

So dinner is taken care of, now the bedroom for Daniel is next. So I have the A/C on to stay cool.

It's Aaron's BD on the 7th of July and Kate is trying to plan a party for him, but, everyone is going every which way. Daniel has to drive the Uhaul back to California. The surcharges to drop it here were outrageous. Too many people leaving California and none coming to California to balance the rental trucks. Daniel will then drive his jeep back here. That's his main vehicle that he drives. Sarah is going to help him in California making sure he got everything and clean up the rental house. It's his friend's house and that friend has been very good to Daniel. He doesn't want to leave a mess. Life is going to be chaos for a time!

Well, need to get started, I could find more fun things, but you got to do what you got to do!

Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:12 pm

Laugh time -

It's the blind leading the blind around here. I have been teaching the computer, engineer guru how to use his new phone. It's very laughable that me, who can't run a computer, I can literally break them, is showing someone to use a cellphone! It's just small steps, but so far, we haven't locked it up or need Matt to fix it. Michael can at least answer a call and not have the screen turn off after just 30 seconds. I also showed him how to turn off the app notifications that were bugging him, dinging all the time. Pretty proud of myself! ROFLOL! Now he will figure things out more on his own. He just needs to relearn word terminology- what he thinks this means, doesn't. We will get there!

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:53 pm

Becca, so happy to see you here! So glad your family have been helping you both out.

Jana, I had visuals LOL high 5!

The zucchini chips turned out sooooo yummy! Dad was surprised they weren't fried in oil, he said they tasted the same. So yay we have a healthy way to eat them now. Here's the recipe if you'd like it plus I put it in the air fryer recipe thread.

Air Fryer Zucchini Chips

Ingredients:
2 med zucchini sliced into ¼" rounds
1 egg
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup almond flour or all purpose like I used
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
½ tsp salt or sea salt
Black pepper
EVOL or whatever cooking oil for drizzling

Instructions:
Preheat air fryer to 370° (I just hit air fry on mine when I put them in and mine air fries at 400°)
In a small bowl whisk egg. (I had to add a tiny bit of water to my egg because I have fresh eggs and I used 2 eggs)
In a med bowl combine the panko bread crumbs, flour, parmesan, salt and pepper to your preference.
Dip the zucchini slices into the egg and then into panko mixture. Place on plate as you work, drizzle or spritz with EVOL or oil, place that side down onto your air fryer screen tray in a single layer then drizzle or spritz on the top side showing. Air fry for 11 to 14 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve and enjoy. I serve with ranch dressing.

Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”