Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:14 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was cool and drizzly, though it straightened up enough to sit out on the deck last night. Our young couple Boondockers (we call them The Kids) spent the day in Seattle and didn't get home until we were going to bed. But the single lady, Cindy, was home, joined us on the deck for happy hour, and then ordered pizza for all of us! What a nice surprise and a treat. I hadn't planned much of a supper.

Yesterday's lunch went pretty well. But friend, Norie, lives in a gated condo community. We couldn't get in the gate without the code. We called Norie and she is supposed to be able to push "0" from her condo and open the gate for us. That didn't happen. We pushed all the buttons we could on that gate controller to no avail. So finally, here came little 93 yr old Norie toddling down the hill from their parking garage. It was at least 1/4 mi walk for her. But she was inside the gate and we were on the outside. We finally got the code, were able to drive through, turn around, and then load Norie into the car. That was a struggle. My car isn't old lady friendly. We finally got to the restaurant only to find out on Wednesdays they don't open until 3pm! So we walked two blocks to another restaurant. After lunch, I retrieved my car and picked Norie and Esther up so they wouldn't have to walk back 2 blocks. I think we really wore poor Norie out! But she did enjoy getting out of the house, going to a restaurant, and visiting.

JANA - that was a heck of a trip to Costco you made! If I spend that much at Costco, I want a full-to-the-brim car when I go home! I hate buying new phones. After a couple years, I think when they "update" our phones, they are really "downdating" them, to try to force us into buying new ones. I'm still holding out! Such a learning curve! You may have to wear earmuffs for a while. lol! And if any of your family is out our way in their RV's, we can make room for them!

VELDA - I'm glad you got through your dental ordeal yesterday. I am kind of the same way. I have to take many breaks when I'm having work done. I'm not even a big fan of cleanings but I go every 6 months anyway. If I'm having work done, I listen to audio books. It really helps. Yes, HH and BDW are great deals for travelers. I figured we'd be pretty busy this summer and I was not wrong. Usually, our guests just do their own thing and we only chat a little in passing. But these folks are all kind of special so we've just sort of absorbed them into the group.

Today - I think I'll finish up the last of my yard work, shower, and then we're off to the grocery store and a quick stop at Costco. Friends we haven't seen for a long time are stopping by so we'll be having another campfire supper and probably be inviting our Boondockers as well. I was going to make homemade pizza, but since we just had that, I think we'll have a weenie roast instead with beans and coleslaw.

Have you got a plan yet?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 23

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Hello. It's kinda late in the day already. We were busy this morning installing mini blinds. They are great to let light in, but can easily cut glare. Then after that for most of the day, DH and I just spent time together getting some bills paid, watching TV, etc.
We had fun at the dance last night. We have another to attend on Saturday evening.
Supper tonight is going to be burgers. Haven't tried them in air fryer yet.
Don't know much else.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:14 pm

Good afternoon!

Here late too. Ethan just went home. We made yummy brownie cookies. Part with pecans and chocolate chips, 5he other part with chocolate chips and Andes Mint candies chopped up. Grandpa likes the nuts, Ethan the mints. Ethan will be here again tomorrow.

I straightened and color organized my embroidery threads. I have three containers that hold the small spools and a new 60 spool holder for the bigger cone ones. Haven't got the blocks trimmed yet. Going back down there, now Ethan is gone for the day. I can now see my counters again, now the threads are tamed. There are still a few embellishments to be made using those threads.

Dinner- a simple baked potato, topped with what is hanging out in the refrigerator. Michael likes salsa, cheese and extra onions on his. I'm a purist, butter, cheese and sour cream. The air fryer won't heat up the kitchen.

Thunder clouds are forming, getting sticky hot, but no rain, yet. Hoping for some.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:59 pm

Jana, glad you got your threads tamed. I keep mine in containers too. Your brownies sound yummy.

Mary, sounds like you had a good lunch with friends. Bummer about the code not working. Norie sounds like a pretty spry 93 year old. I bet she loved getting out and about with you ladies.

Tina, how's the A/C working out? I bet it's nice to have the house closed up and cool.

Had a fun time at the Angel game last night. They won! Our A/C is working again just in time for our hot weather. It's a little early for it to be this hot. Went to Costco this morning. I didn't see you there Mary. I do a quick go in with a list and get out. DH has a hard time keeping up with me. lol

I got a rotisserie chicken at Costco, so I'll make chicken enchiladas for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:01 pm

Maryz: I forgot to mention my next door neighbor is " Nelda". Everyone here comments about Velda and Nelda. Ha, ha,. She is a spry 91 yr old. Loves when I take her with to garage sales, etc. But, she too, tires easy, but so energetic and wants to as active as possible.
Just want to share after see your lunch date and story about the code, etc.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”