Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 21st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 21st

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:30 am

Good morning,

I beat the roosters up this morning! But actually, I do most mornings. I think they are lazy roosters.

Our weather here is purrfect! I worked outside most of the day. I weeded, raked, and deadheaded 6 rhodies. Bill even helped me with the deadheading. He is a big fan of rhodies, but guess who usually ends up taking care of them.. . . . lol! So this was an unprecedented event. I only spent a couple hours in my sewing room puttering around. Didn't really do anything constructive. Just played with my toys. Our boondocker left about 10am and we got two in last night for the next three nights. Our limit is 3 nights unless, after meeting them, we extend. Now we have a single lady (a retired P.A. from Oregon) and her golden doodle and a young couple from Florida just out of college and taking a tour around the country before settling down to captaining boats in FL. Interesting mix and we had a campfire last night and all sat around getting acquainted. A lot of fun!

Today is. hopefully, the last day of yard work. Not a lot left to do to have it all looking spiffy again. I'll also be washing sheets today and putting them on the lines to dry. Mmm.... love the smell of line-dried anything but especially sheets.

VELDA - Eating out can get expensive, but nowadays, so can eating in! Enjoy both! No, we don't have a website. Boondockers Welcome is associated with Harvest Hosts and THEY have a website. It is an on-line group and you can belong to either one or join both. It does cost an annual fee but it's not a lot. HH is ranches, farms, vineyards, etc that offer a place to camp for a few nights, usually free, though you are expected to purchase some of their product. Boondockers is camping on private property, at people's homes. Also free in most cases. And no purchase necessary. You can belong and not offer a host site. We happen to have plenty of room so we do. All that is required of a host site is a safe place to park off the road. We offer power, water, and internet, a nice big place to exercise dogs and kids, and sometimes a glass of wine or a beer. We don't charge. Most hosts kind of name their spot. Our friends call their beautiful place in Oregon "Nelson St. Park". We call ours "Bill & Mary's Yard". It's fun to be able to provide a free spot for folks and every single person so far has been great. To date, we have never stayed at another host site except for Nelsons who are our friends and we visit them frequently, but one day we probably will go a travelin'. Most RV parks and even WA state parks are in the $50/night range now, so you can see why BD and HH are rapidly gaining popularity.

IRISH - it sounds like you have been crazy busy! Whatever will you do with all your time once your sister finally settles down? lol! I'm glad she found homes for all those abandoned stuffed animals. (she did, didn't she??). I would have thought Cabela's or Bass Pro Shop or even a ranger station might have been interested. And while I didn't quilt your and Kathy's quilts (I did put all the blocks together, however!), I do have a meandering shamrocks pattern we're going to use for my IC. I was in the trailer when putting yours together and forgot to being my longarm that year. So I sent the tops to Teresa and she quilted them for you. I see last night was the first night no one slept in the nest. And a watcher reported seeing a juvie at the river yesterday, learning to fish. No report on if he/she was successful or not. So, I think we're going to have a long case of empty nest syndrome now. Bittersweet.

JANA - a bum leg?? Is it always 'bum' or is this a new thing? And why is it bum? Our HL has a motorized riding cart, I think. Did you find something you could use for that truck? It HAS to be red, of course! Those slider sandwiches are good. I've had them at a friend's house and I've also made them a few times myself. YUM! And what new orzo recipe are you talking? Do we know about that yet?

CAROL - you are really winding up all your loose ends! I'm happy for you to have more time to do what you want for you. And glad you'll still be involved. It would be hard to be so involved for so long and then simply let go. Did you get your binding sewn down yet?

TINA - I hope you get your rain today. My weather app says you have 40% chance through the afternoon and evening. That's not a lot of percent. Your reunion sounds nice but you lasted longer than I would have in that heat. I'm so sorry about your uncle. My oldest brother had a hard time when my other two brothers passed away. He has always taken his position as eldest to heart and kind of acts as a protector to the rest of us. Hugs to your dad. I hope his appointment goes well today.

As stated yesterday, our supper tonite will be spaghetti and meatballs. Again. Got to clean up the leftovers. We have some really warm weather coming up later this week so I'm saving my grilling menus for then. Whatever they may be. I wonder what Bill would think of grilled eggplant slices . . . .

happy suppertime to everyone! Sometimes I think we should have Snoopy doing his suppertime dance as our mascot! lol!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 21st

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 am

Good morning!
Mary, your boondockers sound so cool. So nice that you've had nothing but good experiences too.
Jana, those sliders are my favorite sliders. I'm waiting to hear about your bum leg too.
I've got 4 loads of laundry to do, 1 is just strictly dog towels and bedding.
Dad wil be here in a few.
If I do Duncan today supper will probably be my free pizza I have earned at Pizza Hut... only took a year and a half LOL we don't eat there often so it took awhile to earn my points. Otherwise I might make tacos.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:25 am

Mary, thank you for giving me the scoop on boondockers. But I am clueless of HH. I understand that it is a business of sorts, since they ask that guests make a purchase.
We never did a lot of travel while full timing. Shelbyville all 7 months of warm weather in Illinois and 5 months in Texas for winter. We had our regular route each year and regular stops along the way. We did our exploring in our younger years with 2-3 weeks vacation and our planned route on our motorcycle (Gold Wing) and pulled a "bunkhouse junior". We covered all 48 states. Never ventured to Alaska and if course not the Island either 😊
Supper tonight is leftovers. Yesterday I found a small container of turkey drippings saved from back in January. Put some chicken breasts with it in slow cooker. Juices were so brown and smelled so delicious, that I made mashed potatoes and vegetable and cut up the oh so tender chicken up in gravy and served it over the mashed potatoes. Yum!!!
Well, I need to get ready to meet friends at DQ for our monthly ladies meeting called Ruth Circle . We usually meet at church and then go to DQ. Today we are going to have our meeting and lunch at DQ.
Jana, I too think your sliders sound terrific!
Tina, we earn pizza points at our Casey's, but our local Casey's had a major fire and we are told they plan to rebuild with a bigger store. They have great donuts and pizza besides the fuel. Don't know how soon they can start construction. I keep getting offers and specials through emails and my app. But closest store is 17 miles west of us, so it will be a long time before I get a free pizza again LOL

Enjoy your pizza. I will be drooling!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:26 pm

Vel, our favorite pizza is Monical's. We don't have them here. So we get it every
time we're in Illinois. We had it last month when we were there.

Tina, Free Pizza is always a winner.

Mary, sounds like you have some interesting people hanging out. Are you going to AK this summer? I remember you talking about flying instead of driving.

Yesterday was a spa day. Had a facial and massage. It was wonderful. Today cleaned a bit and went to lunch with DH & DS. We just had ice cream, so I guess that was dinner. lol

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”