Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:07 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Except for a short trip to Costco, only 3 mi away, we hung around the house. Bill has some computer/network things he's working on, plus he replaced the bent front leg on our fifth-wheel. We also got the Irish Chain loaded onto the frame and maybe he'll start working on that today. Or maybe not. He works fastest if I keep my mouth shut. 🀐 He still has the trailer brakes to finish but waiting on the rest of the stuff to arrive to finish that project. I put together my lotto blocks from May and posted a photo. Then I moved out to the yard and started deadheading, clipping, raking, pulling. There's still lots to do out there but it does go faster now that I have that first spring cleanup done. I'm in between sewing projects right now so I'll be concentrating on the yard this week. It's a good week for yard work while my machine is at the Bernie Spa.

VELDA - the wedding and reception sounds nice. Sorry, though that the music wasn't quite to your taste. I believe you and I have same taste in music and dancing. Would love to go out dancing with you guys sometime.

LORI - I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt finished!

CAROL - I miss Cindy and Becca, too. Becca didn't give me a report on herself - just that she was busy caring for CA. He is really having a bad time of it. And he required quite a bit of care before the shingles hit. I pray things are getting better at their house. Shingles can go on for months. Congratulations on mastering feathers! I am terrible at them and I quit trying since I have Bill to do his computerized quilting when I want a nice design, I just meander edge to edge when I quilt. Fortunately, a simple meander is one of my favorite patterns.

IRISH - if you stop by, yesterday when I tuned in to the eagles, they were all three in the nest or on close limbs. Then one of them took off and I got to watch him soar off into the distance, getting smaller and smaller. The second one watched for a bit, and then also took off, soaring. Wow! That was spectacular! Eighteen, however, said, "Whatever. I'm taking a nap." , turned around, settled back down into the nest like a hen sitting on a clutch of eggs, and went to sleep! lol! Today is National American Eagle Day - celebrate!

Our spaghetti last night was good. Even the frozen meatballs from Costco seemed to taste better than usual. Tonite we're going to grill the burgers I've planned for the last 4 nights but never got to. Then we'll go back to pasta and leftover sauce/meatballs on Tuesday.

So, do ya'll know yet what's for supper tonite at your house? Anyone here plan a week of meals ahead of time? That sounds too organized for me. I often have trouble sticking to my menu plan of just one day. But I am thinking ahead to when my sibs all visit in August and considering meals, likes, dislikes, etc.

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 20th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:37 am

Hi Mary and all the rest. I am trying to catch up today on laundry. Then Bible study at noon. We decided to drop the "every Monday" eat out with friends date. We still go out to eat on dance nights though, so twice in a month on Monday night and still every Wednesday nights.
So I need to see what I have in the freezer to thaw out for tonight. Something chicken I think. Maybe a chicken breast salad???
I will be going over to photos to check out your pictures. Your Irish Chain is awesome!
How do people connect with you and Bill for boon docking. Do you belong to a group or do you have your own web page?
I have started my hand quilting. Hardest part is have all the extra fabric draped over my lap. Might be better to put it aside until winter??
Well I need to go tend to washer and dryer
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:58 am

Good morning from a sunny but not hot, SW. Pa....At least we're not hot today but wait until tomorrow and summer returns...Our weather has really been strange this season, you really can't plan, each day seems to be different but this is Pennsylvania........

Oh Mary, 1st., I love, love your Irish Chain, it is gorgeous! And someone asked if you had a shamrock quilting pattern...You do have one right? The comfort quilts Chris's wife and I received when Chris passed has shamrocks all over it and they are beautiful..
I did check on the eagles, still can't believe they're old enough to fledge but then I feel that way every year...I did see 1 post that someone was lucky enough to get all 3 soaring through the sky together...I hope they kind of stay together after they leave the nest...Our eagles are never tagged unless they're hurt and have been rehabbed so we never know where they go but I like to think they stay in the area and stay together......And I didn't know this was a big Eagle Day but I do have my shirt on.......

Was glad to get word from Becca and Cindy and hoping and praying they both will be back soon......

My last week has been absolutely crazy...Doing all the normal stuff plus helping my sister get ready for her estate sale..I've never been involved in anything like this before and hoping never again, lol....But, It was quite interesting to see the things that flew out the door and the things that I thought would, didn't...My DBIL had been a taxidermist and had all the tools of the trade and they had people come from other states to buy the different forms and mounted animals that customers hadn't picked up....Quite a few deer mounts plus a few bear (both cubs and adult) and turkeys which have to be the ugliest things ever...Don't mean to hurt any turkey's feelings but yuck! And I guess unless you've bagged a turkey, you really don't want one hanging on your game room wall...What didn't really go was the fancy dishes, cut crystal and things like that...More and more are getting rid of their china closets and just not interested....But, it was a tough although fun, 2 days...We went out for dinner each day after the sale and had so much fun...Friday night, after dinner, stopping back at the house and playing cards until midnight...And then Sat. night, we went to a big Chinese buffet and when they dropped me off, I sat down on the recliner to give Baby some loving and woke up 2 hours later..Then I went to take a bath but thought, I just lay on the bed for a few minutes and woke up the next morning at 6:30, still dressed in my jeans with a blanket pulled over me....I guess I was tired, lol.....Yesterday, we made many trips back and forth to the new house and she had me hemming the living room drapes and just placing stuff...I'm having fun but I'm thinking it's a little overwhelming for her but thank goodness we're nearing the end...The farm will be listed on the 1st and hopefully, it sells quickly......

Today, is laundry and I really need to get outside and spread some mulch..I'm thinking Kevin will be over to mow and of course I have a couple other odd jobs on my list for him.....
As for dinner, that burger on the grille sounds pretty good or just might have a hot dog (haven't had one in ages).....But, till then, who knows, might get a better offer, I can only hope!

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating...........................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:02 am

Good morning!

A ugly sky outside right now, a beautiful thing, especially if you need rain!

New food Monday - probably mynew 9ne pot orzo kielbasa recipe with a veggie to be named later.

Sarah and I are planning a quick run to Hobby Lobby. What was I thinking - I can't walk through the store, my bum leg, so hopefully Sarah can find what I need -xa small piece of fake read leather for my Main Street project. It's for the red pickup truck block. That piece was missing in the embellishment package. There's a silver piece for something else, but I want red! Our trip needs to be earlier in the day, as Sarah has the little girls this late afternoon. Both Kate and Aaron are on duty. Herriman Town Days activities are the cause of extra shifts for them.

Kate is learning to deal with all the drama queens in her family. Her mother pitched a fit at them staying at the aunts house. Kate ignored that. Yes, it was the youngest bridezilla who had the new baby girl, for which all the stuff was for. The other bridezilla sister was there too. Not too happy that she wasn't the center of attention. Kate and Aaron high tailed it home just as soon as they could gracefully get out of there. The kids seemed so happy to be at my house last night, even for a late dinner. Lila indeed made Grandpa smile!

I have my laundry ready, sorted and waiting to be rolled out to my laundry room. Michael has created a rolling frame that can hold all the three baskets to take out there. He likes things easy and efficient! Need to straighten the kitchen, not bad at all and then I can sew. Lunch for today is taken care of. There are a couple of sliders left. They were yummy! I used a butter mixture of garlic, onion, Dijon mustard, touch of brown sugar and worchestershire sauce, all melted together. Split the Hawaiian rolls in half, brushed the bottom with the sauce, then topped with meat and Swiss cheese, then brushed the cut side with butter mixture the tops, placed on top of the meat, then brushed the entire tops with more mixture. They were all wrapped in foil and baked until the cheese was all melted gooey. Trick here is, don't separate the rolls, leave all attached, assemble, heat, then just before serving, cut into individual rolls. Just to make the tops pretty, we sprinkled on some poppy seeds.

Well, need to get going,

Hugs and prayers,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Good Evening,

I actually wrote a post this morning thought I posted and when I checked later it was gone. Now I can tell you what I actually accomplished instead of the plan. I did get the binding on the finished quilt. Just need to sew down the back. I am running out of ink for the printer and need to get the notebook ready for the next President. She will be absent tomorrow, so it is okay. I did get the gifts ready today and answered a slew of e-Mails from the current Board. No one has written in two weeks and suddenly they started writing this afternoon. I wrote thank you notes to the Board members and need to put them in order this evening.

Dinner tonight was Marinated Grilled Chicken with Salad, Potatoes and Broccoli.

Jana - Your new calling sounds just right for you and Michael.

Maryz - Your description of the eagles soaring was wonderful!

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:04 pm

Hi everyone!
It's 11 here but wanted to pop in and say hi.
Mary, we haven't gotten a drop of rain yet. Love the May winnings quilt!
Jana, wow you're super busy lately.
Irish, wow you too! You sis sounds like she's really loving your help.
Carol, we're supposed to get rain early in the morning, keep your fingers crossed for me.
The reunion was great! I only lasted 3 hours in the heat, the trees help tons but I still got hot and tired and started feeling sick so Frankie brought me home to be in the AC and he went back over for 3 more hours and he helped put tables and chairs in one of the barn buildings.
I gave Rosie a bath and total haircut today. She's been hot lately so I went ahead and stripped her all down except for her ears and she seems quite content. I'll do Duncan tomorrow or Wednesday. Tomorrow morning Dad has a telimed appointment and he's coming here to use my phone for that.
I lost another uncle today πŸ’” he had a massive heart attack a couple days ago and then another one yesterday, they shocked him 16 times and then he had to be put on a ventilator and he had another attack today and they said his heart was too damaged so they took him off the ventilator and he was gone very quickly. This uncle was the twin to my aunt I lost in October to covid, she was 66 and their birthday was January so he was 67, way too young. Dad's having a hard time of losing his younger siblings, he's the oldest... he's lost 4 now; 2 sisters and 2 brothers πŸ’”
I'll try to stop by tomorrow.
Tina

Return to β€œChit Chat”