Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 19th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:38 am

Good morning,

Happy Father's day to all the dads in our lives, earthly or heavenly. We have no special plans. Bill wants to work on the trailer. He got some of his parts and tools in. Apparently I bought him a special crimping tool for Father's Day and it came yesterday so he's back on the brake wiring project. Wasn't that sweet of me? (probably not. he does his own shopping and tells me later what I'm giving him.) We're to be mid-60's today and I don't think any rain. It should be warm enough this afternoon for me to go outside and do some yard work. There is lots of blow-down plus with all the rain the weeds are getting out of hand so there is plenty to do.

I got an e-mail from Becca and posted it over in Sew-in in it's own post so I hope you noticed it.

Yesterday I made pillow cases to go with my Irish Chain and cleaned my sewing room. Then Bill wanted to go to Costco to return the laptop we bought about a month ago. We didn't like it so much so we bought a different one, also from Costco, and like it much better. So the first one went back. While there I picked up a couple packs of strawberries and made a batch of jam when we got home. I'm really waiting for the raspberries. My favorite!

This morning I might start on a couple of tote bags for my sisters before I go outside. But for sure, someone has to do some laundry. The hamper is overflowing and starting to snarl at me. I would bake something for Bill today, but he bought apple strudels at Costco yesterday so he's good on that score for a few days.

TINA - how was the reunion? I hope those trees gave you plenty of shade! I thought that farm was right where you described but wasn't sure I was thinking of the same property. Did any of your kids go?

VELDA - you are never late here. Some of us don't get to the table until 10pm! lol! How was the wedding? What kind of food? Music? Dancing? Seems the days of 2-hr receptions with nuts, mints, and coffee are over. Nowadays we PARTAY!!

LORI - Those are pretty cool blocks. They make me think of the Seattle World's Fair back in 1962. Their logo was similar. You've had fun making them, I'm sure. Are these blocks all for you or will you be sharing them with your group - and vice versa - like one of our swaps?

JANA - glad you found out about the organists in time! Lucky you have a good back-up. Still working on your Kimberbell bench pillow? We always let my brother, sister, and grandsons know when we're on the road, and when we arrive safely. Only makes good sense.

CAROL - So the cats found your catmint?! lol! I think my Foxy did, too. As I read your post, he came and pushed his way up onto my lap and got as close to the computer as he could! Congrats on a job well done and on your presidential retirement! They may have a new president now, but they can never truly replace YOU! And yes, I'm so lucky that Bill can fix most anything. and if he can't he knows how to figure it out. We laugh a lot here - our oldest DD, Lara, and her hubby, Lee, have about 3 more years to retirement. They both HATE yard work and home repairs so they sold their house, live in an apartment now, and plan to buy an RV and live in it so they never have to do any home repairs again. Hahahahahahahahaha!!

I asked Bill what he wanted for supper tonite, and unless he changes his mind, he's asked for spaghetti and meatballs. That I can do without even going to the store! I have lots of homemade sauce in the freezer so I don't even have to make that.

What's your plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 19th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 am

Hi! We are driving home today. Wedding was beautiful. There was dancing, but the DJ played so much perfect tunes for our style of dancing all through dinner, etc. DH and I snuck in two dances prior to Bride/groom first dance and other ceremonial dance with Father/Mother. Then when dancing was officially OPEN to all. The tunes turned to the younger generation genre. We were getting cold with the strong evening breeze coming through. We gave up and left to back to our son's. So we didn't dance much. 😟
Food was fabulous!
Don't know what our supper will be yet. Still pondering.
Catch everyone again tomorrow.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:36 am

Mary, 5 will go to our block lotto at guild, and the others are for the quilt.

Dinner will be steaks and potatoes with green beans.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Good Evening,

Tonight's dinner was Turkey Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and green peas. Ice Cream was dessert. DH declared it a wonderful meal!

Maryz - Thanks for contacting Becca and Cindy. I miss them both.

I finished quilting a quilt and made binding for it. Now I need to square it and sew it on. It is a charm square quilt that I practiced an all over feather pattern with echoing. it looks really good. It is 36 x 45 inches.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”