Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 18th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:10 am

Good morning,

It's been quiet here lately. We've had cool, rainy weather so not much going on outside. Not for me, anyway. Bill's been working on trailer wheel bearings and brakes but we park our trailer under a metal shelter so he is protected from weather. He's found the problem with the trailer brakes and parts are on their way so he can make repairs. I'm so grateful that he has skills!

As for me - I finished my Irish Chain top and posted a photo. Then we ran a few errands and I got a pile of silk flowers for our deck pots. The squirrels keep digging out my real flowers. When we got home I made binding for the IC and today I'm going to make a set of pillowcases to go with. Then I'll clean up the green/white mess and see what other trouble I can get into. By Tuesday our weather should be good enough to go back outside and start in on yard work again.

JANA - congratulations to Kate on passing that exam! I hope that extra certification brings extra $$. Is her sister that had the baby the bridezilla of a few years ago? How long does it take to make those blocks? 41 thread changes!! Oh my!

CAROL - oh, I LOVE mac & cheese. I don't make it very often though - maybe twice a year. I will eat the whole dish! I told my sisters when they visit in August, I've been planning entertainment for them. And one day is relining all my kitchen cabinets and drawers. lol! I was joking with them, but this is actually something they would love to do, so I may have to let them.

TINA - sorry for your high temps. Is the reunion going to be outside? I hope it's EARLY! How far is the "original farmhouse" from you? Does someone in the family live there still? Glad that snake wasn't poisonous. Ugh! Glad you found the eagle cam. The three eaglets are called Sixteen, Seventeen, and Eighteen. Because that is the number of eaglets these parents have produced over the years. Next year's firstborn will be called "Nineteen".

LORI - You really keep busy! What are your block party blocks for your guild like?

I think we'll grill burgers tonite. It's only going to be 62* today but it's not supposed to rain so I think we'll be out on the deck at least long enough to grill. Bill can decide if we're going to have fries, beans, or salad on the side. But just one. We can't eat more than that.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, June 18th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:40 am

Good morning!
I'm moving kinda slow this morning, had a rough night. So thought I'd pop on to see what's going on.
Mary, the farm house sits about ยฝ mile NW of us. It's going to be outside ๐Ÿฅต it's not big enough to hold that many people. One of Frankie's nieces owns it with her husband. The farm mostly alfalfa hay to feed to their cows they have. They raise them for food. They used to have horses but not anymore. I'm not sure if they still raise pigs for food. The rescued 2 little burros that roam around, they're super cute. There's a huge irrigation tank (pond) that Frankie's Dad built. His Mom built most of the Adobe house and the additions. There's huge cottonwood trees and other trees and pine trees.... an oasis in the desert.
Well I better get ready to go.
Tina

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:56 am

Hi everyone! I have plenty of time today to catch up with you. Boy! I really miss you all! I need to just get here every day, even if I am late!
Mary, glad you all found the problem and can get the brake connection fixed! Great that Bill can do the work and save lots of $$$.
Carol mentioning Mac n cheese is making me hungry for the homemade kind. I always make the Kraft box mix, but homemade is soooooo much better!!
We are attending a wedding today for my grand-nephew( the groom is my neice's middle child.
When we were full time Rving, we had to miss a lot of the weddings. But this one works out, so we can attend. Have no idea what food will be served. Whether it is buffet or served as sit-down fancy dinner thing. Music for dancing after and in response, we were asked what music we would dance to. Hope that means there will be a nice variety of tubes. Looking forward to this.
Need to go now and eat lunch and get ready and change clothes for the wedding.
Hope to see you all more regularly. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคž
HUGS, ๐Ÿ’• Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:32 pm

Mary, they are Mid Century Modern blocks. They are part of a bigger quilt by Lyn Brown.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:35 pm

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:41 pm

Good afternoon!

My brain is a bit fried at the moment - going from the computer to the sewing machine - back to double check what I am doing is right, then back and sew the embroidery part that is called for. It's just a matter of swinging around in my chair, as each is right there - in front or back, however you look! I cut all my little applique pieces out first, this time, labeled them and that seems to work much better. I have almost all the pieces attached, but need a break.

I did start this post, on my tablet, upstairs, but got sidetracked, as I found out that both my organists are out of town! We were just about to print the final copies of the bulletin, good thing Michael looked at the bulletin email. So I scrambled and found my backup organist - she is so good about filling in, so we are good now.

Aaron and family made good time in getting to St George today. He just called and let me know they are there safely. Ever since we were married, we have always called our parents to let them know when we left and the route we took. If there was a car malfunction, someone knew where we were - al least close to find us. This all started in the days before cell phones and we traveled across the Nevada desert. Now, it is just a ingrained habit with us and all the kids.

Humm - dinner - may just snitch some of the salads I am making for tomorrow and call it good!

Well, break time over and I am back to stitching my block. It's coming along nicely. Need to get it done as I need to make a couple of potholders for a thank you to my helpers tomorrow.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:19 pm

Dinner tonight was a salad followed by Pasta and (Turkey) meat sauce.

This morning I cleaned the patio. We have been doing some planting and it was a mess. I planted catmint and the neighboring cats have flattened a portion, so I put up a couple of fences to keep them out. The plant needs to grow. It is only about 3-1/2" tall.

This afternoon I had my last Zoom sew-in as President. I will still be on them, but I no longer will send out messages after tomorrow.

Vel - I too am busy and many times if I do not post first thing dinner is over and I am saying what I had to eat.

Jana - You will get it done.

Lori - That is a very modern design!

Tina - The property you described sounds beautiful! Hope the day was wonderful for you. I heard NM got a monsoon.

Mary - I imagine Bill is waiting for parts. Lucky for both of you that the part didn't snap in two while you were on the road. Glad Bill can fix it. I too have a bunch of green and white fabric I will be cleaning up soon!

Have a great evening!
Carol

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€