Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:04 am

Good morning!

I got most of my Seminole borders done yesterday. I think today will see my Irish Chain DONE! Yay! Then to decide how to quilt it. This quilt has turned into a monster. It's huge, but my sister has a king bed and that's my intent for the quilt - her bed. I will post a photo when it's complete. After this, my next project I think, will be to put together my May Lotto winning blocks. I also want to make a couple of tote bags for my sisters. Maybe I should make one for my brother, too, though perhaps not with my purple kitten fabric. He has to do his grocery shopping and I imagine Alaska has banned plastic bags like the rest of the country. I'll think about that. Gene isn't too fancy. His idea of packing for a week's visit to the Lower 48 is to put a change of clothes and his toothbrush in a paper bag and carry on the plane.

We've caught a coyote on our security cameras coming through the same place in our yard the last two nights. I think he has a regular route - probably because of the buffet Vicki puts out every day. Grrr..... I know when we take Scottie out every morning, he sometimes goes crazy along that coyote's path. And Scott is ALWAYS on a leash so he doesn't go avail himself of those buffet offerings. We've almost lost him twice to poisoning from eating spoiled foods tossed out next door.

My walking buddy neighbor from across the road lost her sweet dog yesterday. Duchess has been limping and really slowing down a lot lately but a big lump appeared on her shoulder this week. Lori took her to the vet yesterday and Duchess had advanced bone cancer. She was in a LOT of pain and unable to even walk outside to potty. So she crossed that rainbow bridge. Going to be a sad walk this morning. We walk every morning as soon as I finish typing out Supper Club. I'm going to take Lori a bouquet of peonies from my yard this morning.

IRISH - I've been watching your weather - mostly because of "our" eagles. What a family! And yes, we'll be watching the show again next year. We've got the best seat in the house! You made your yesterday morning sound idyllic! I love deer. We don't get them in our yard much. We have Scottie and Scottie takes care of business. Did you win anything at Bingo? How far away does Kevin live from you? You make it sound like he's pretty close by. Have you heard anything from Terry? Is he settling in in TN? And how about Steven and Nick?

JANA - I really like your Main Street bench pillow pattern. Kimberbell has some unique things. Will you have it all done in time for July festivities? I'm sure it will delight Karlie when she comes to town! I've made those ham sliders - they are yummilicious.

CAROL - isn't it amazing how much cleaning you can do in a kitchen that is already clean? My shelves and cabinets all stay fairly well organized, but I do need to reline some of them. One of these days . . . .

TINA - I'm with you - every place is hiring. You can't even take a short walk without stumbling over all the Help Wanted signs. Where did all the workers go? And how are people living?? Anyone could go out looking and come home an hour later employed if they wanted to work. I hope you get some rain soon, but my weather ap doesn't show much for you. Sorry. But looks like your temps might cool off 10 or 15 degrees next week . . . As for the eagles - check them out on the Pittsburgh Hays Eagle Cam on You Tube. Though now, mostly what you see is the empty nest. But the eagles are close by and come back to the nest to feed and rest.

LORI - you're so right - retirement is a full time job! Unless it's at the sewing machine, I don't sit down all day long. I don't know how I ever fit a real job into my life! I think we might have been close to Lake Arrowhead when we camped near Big Bear. It was a long time ago - late 90's - so my memory is sketchy.

I am in a quandry about supper tonite. I have a kielbasa. We might slice that and fry it up with potatoes and onion. And salad or eggs . . . Or maybe baked beans and kielbasa? I expect I'll figure out something by then . . . . I hope.

Here's hoping you've figured out your supper by tonite.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 17th

Post by auntjana » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:55 am

Good morning!

Mary - it's hard losing a loved pet. Sandee and Scott lost the last of their older dogs awhile back and knew that they wanted another, so they got two cute little rag a muffins., Scarlett and Sapphire. The speed of the days passing by, February will be here shortly to watch a whole new set of eagles.

Dinner - out - the horse knows the way. With a little sneaky help from me. I have a grocery order to pick up, scheduled right at dinner time, so since we're out, we'll pick up something to eat. See, I am sneaky!

Heading down to play with another block for my bench pillow. Yesterday's tested my patience and intelligence skills. Trying to figure out the right piece of fabric called for in this particular spot. I did make one small error, but it is staying and I am not remaking the block. Nothing horribly wrong, just a wrong color placement. The 8x10 block used 22,500 stitches and 41 thread changes! Haven't seen what today's block has in-store.

Things are quiet for Aaron. They are driving to St George tomorrow and will be back Sunday afternoon. Kate's sister, the youngest, had a baby girl and this Sunday, will be the family gathering at church for the blessing. The good ,wonderful news is that Kate finally passed this absolutely hard test for her Advanced EMT certification. This is a national test and is very difficult test. It took her three tries and lots of online tutoring, but she finally made it!

No news on Sarah's DH test yet, but the appointment with the surgeon is scheduled for the 24th.

Matt borrowed our little giant ladder and scaffold to finish the ceiling in his basement. That project is slowly getting done. The boys will be home from scout camp tomorrow.

Daniel will be here in 20 days! Life will change!

Prayers for our Becca, hope to hear good news soon.
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:43 pm

Today, I continued house cleaning and laundry. I think I will sew a bit too.

Dinner tonight will be macaroni and cheese.

Maryz - My kitchen is sparkling now. You are correct the kitchen takes a lot of cleaning.

Jana - With those high temperatures it is a good thing you have a Batt Cave! It must be a very nice place to hang out and sew.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:00 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, I went and subscribed to that channel now. Thanks. Your quilt is amazing! Your sister is going to looooove it!
Jana, you have lots going on that you're waiting for 🙏
Carol, I need to do my kitchen again....a never ending job.
Yesterday we were 100° with the real feel of 106° I'm tired of these temps. I wish the monsoons would be nice and generous this year but so far not a drop..... were waiting and praying and hoping.
Tomorrow is going to Kevin's then Sunday a last minute family reunion on Frankie's side at the original farm house. I'm hoping to give Rosie a bath and haircut on Monday and Dad has a telimed appointment Tuesday so he's coming here and maybe Wednesday I can get Duncan all bathed and groomed. I need to trim the dog's outside so I'm hoping 6 or 7 in the morning when it's cooler.
Frankie found another snake today. He touched this one when he was cleaning up broken glass in the backyard at my ash tree. He was picking up the glass and got the snake too, thankfully it was a harmless racer, it was about 2' long but they are skinny like a sharpie.
Supper was just leftovers.
Tina

Oh, I'm not sure if I'll be checking in this weekend with all that's going on. You all have a great weekend ❤

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:10 pm

Tina, yuck...snakes!

Mary, Arrowhead is lower elevation. It is beautiful there. Love your Irish Chain quilt. I've only made a single years ago.

I worked on block party blocks for guild today. Will work on block lotto blocks this weekend. I need to pick some fabrics to use.

Dinner was cereal.

Sleep well my friends.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”