Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:54 am

Good morning,

I got my Irish Chain top together yesterday and even added the 2" inner border. Today I'm going to start making the seminole border. This is kind of a special gift so I'm going the fancy border as shown in Eleanor's book. Plus, I want to add a little more to the size.

LORI - we've camped at Big Bear. Loved it! We were in a beautiful campground. Lots of pine trees, my favorite tree. We happened to be in Site #1. And we usually fly the flag from our rig if no trees are in the way. People kept coming to us with problems, thinking because we were in #1 and had a flag flying that we were the hosts. One guy had somehow pulled his awning completely off his motorhome and wanted Bill to come fix it, which Bill did. Later the same guy came by with another problem - his kids had come in, used water in the RV bathroom, and run back out, leaving the water running, which emptied his fresh water tank. He didn't know what to do. (He was new to camping and had to break camp and go into town looking for more water). People kept stopping to ask us questions. We finally pulled down our flag! lol! But I"m sure Jonathon is having a great time there. I loved that whole area!

IRISH - Did you see it??! Eighteen fledged! Though they said it was more of a "fludge". He was dancing around on a limb to the left of the nest - and fell off and went tumbling down through the branches. :lol: One of the other juvies was resting in the nest and went and looked over the side to see. I could only imagine what he was saying to his little brother. Anyway, he was eventually back in the nest, but they called that his official fledge, even though it wasn't quite so graceful as one might have hoped. It looks like there is a nest of blue jays in the bottom of the aerie. The juvies just watch them flying around. They look like cartoon birds when they go by the camera. Thank you one more time for turning me on to your eagles. Took us long enough to get to them, but what an experience watching them hatch and grow.

Last night I sort of made my own Rice-a-Roni with rice and broken spaghetti noodles, browned, and cooked in chicken broth. Yum! And we grilled chicken, so tonite I'm going to make chicken fried rice from the leftovers. I'll add chopped celery, onion, and peas for a one dish meal. Bill will eat anything I put in front of him, but he really likes this kind of food, so he'll be happy.

What kind of food will be making you happy tonite
?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, June 16th

Post by Irishgram » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:47 am

Good morning from another rather warm day in SW. Pa....2 days in a row I'm running the AC, might be a 1st, lol.....

Mary, I was thinking about you this morning about 4:30 (my time)....If I go to bed before 2:00 in the morning, I'm up early and this morning was 1 of those mornings...Even the cat was trying to figure out what was wrong...But, I got my coffee, went out on the porch and no paper, what a bummer....But, it sure was nice sitting on the porch, so peaceful with all the birds just waking up....
Would you believe, I have a Momma deer and her fawn standing across the street looking my way....There aren't any houses on that side of the street, just trees and some woods and we have all kinds of creatures living in there, I guess...But, this fawn is so darn cute, could be the one Kevin had in his yard the other day.....Of well, another reason to enjoy living here, no matter what time of day, lol.....But, the paper did finally come about 6:00.....
I'm really anxious to see your Irish Chain...I love the Seminole border and have only made it a couple of times but it really finishes the quilt......
Oh my heavens, have you ever seen a better show? But then we knew the "baby" would have to do something special, right? So glad you and Bill have enjoyed the season and hopefully, will catch the next one......

Today is bingo day and my sister will be picking me up about noon.....So, for being up extra early, I'm not going to accomplish anything but that's OK, there's always tomorrow.....Just saw my neighbor and told her to help her self to the mulch....And my cat sitter, Dyan, is leaving for Maryland for a couple of days so I'll be taking care of her fur babies....Mostly everyone who lives here is retired but you never saw so many busy people in all your life, lol.....

As for my supper, I'm sure it will be "out" after bingo with leftovers being brought home for tomorrow......

So, you all have a great rest of the day....Please be careful with this crazy weather, stay safe.....

Happy eating..................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:10 am

Good morning!

Bright, sunny and getting back to roasting weather here. The A/C is 9n most of the time upstairs. The Batt Cave naturally stays cool, about 72, no matter what time of year. That's where I'll be, playing with the embroidery applique. I did one block yesterday and it came out very well. Today I will do more blocks. I think I need six total for the bench pillow. I bought the embellishment kit, so I have all the fun frills for this bench pillow, including fairy lights. It's the Kimberbell pattern, Main Street bench pillow - all patriotic for July. I even have Kimberbell Orange Pop rulers to square them up. Not only squaring squares, but rectangles too. These rulers look like a mat for a picture frame, only see through orange.

Dinner - didn't make the enchiladas I thought of. Finished up instead some soup, so the enchiladas are tonight.

The family will be here Sunday for dinner. I am making sliders, roast beef, turkey and ham ones. All with cheese. These are easy peasy with Kings Hawaiian rolls and baked in the oven. You use deli meats too. Macaroni and potato salad as well. Humm, baked beans sound good too. All served on a glorious set of paper plates - no dishes to wash! Dessert is still up in the air, may just do strawberry shortcake again. Just need the angel food cake and some berries. I have everything else already.

Off I go to get breakfast done here,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:39 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Funny stories about people thinking you were the host because you flew the flag. Looking forward to seeing your Irish Chain.

Irish - Enjoy Bingo and dinner out with your sister.

Jana - We have at least one bag of concrete in the garage with no project in mind. For me the shortage is in hand soap. Target had none on the shelf yesterday.

Today I will be working on cleaning kitchen and dining room then quilting. I have a Zoom meeting tonight.
Dinner tonight will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 am

Good morning!
Mary, glad Bill could help that guy out with all his problems, I bet that guy was glad too. Anytime I've been camping in the parks space #1 is the camp hosts spot LOL
I'm with Irish, waiting anxiously to see your Irish chain when finished!
Where do you watch the eagles at?
Irish, I was just telling my brother in law last night that I think he's busier retired than when he worked LOL retirement is a full time job! Enjoy bingo, hope you win!
Jana, I'd love to have your 72° batcave! Your Sunday meal sounds perfect for Fathers Day!
Carol, I haven't been able to find the hand soap I usually use but bought a different one till mine comes back. I just don't understand these shortages still. As far as I know people aren't still being paid to stay home and not work are they? 🤷‍♀️ yet anywhere we go there's hardly any workers.... how are they paying to live 🤷‍♀️ it's crazy.
Well yesterday was the official start of our monsoon season..... so far not a drop of rain. I mowed the front yard yesterday and Frankie weed eated and then I raked up a over flowing wheel barrel of pine needles off the patio and then I used the leaf blower to get it all dusted clean and even washed off the windows and front of the house.... it was crazy how much mud that made coming off the house. Frankie started on the backyard after but I was done in so I'm letting him do that LOL. We hit 100° again yesterday and today will be 102°
I think I'm going to do chicken and rice in the crock pot today and add a veggie to the table for supper tonight.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:53 am

Tina, retirement is a full time job. lol I'm always on the go.

Jana, that main street pillow is going to be so cute. I saw it made up in a LQS.

Irish, I guess the reason you were awake, was to see the beautiful deer.

Mary, Big Bear has lots of beautiful spots. I was up there last year. I usually go to Green Valley Lake which is a turn off about 15 minutes prior to Big Bear. Jonathan is at a camp site that has a lot of trees.

I'm off to a sew day with friends. Always fun.

Tonight I will be going out to dinner with my friends.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”