Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:48 am

Good morning,

I was up early this morning - 0420. We have a 7:30 appt in Tacoma and my machine has been acting up. I have a list of five things it did yesterday so I didn't want to waste a trip to T-town with only one errand so I got up, hurried to finish my Calendar Swap blocks (I was really close to being done with them when I called it a day yesterday). It's skipping stitches, tangling thread, pulling fabric, presser foot won't lower, stops stitching or won't start stitching - ooh, I guess I need to add one more thing to my list. Sigh.

So, today, with my back-up machine, I hope to get binding on my Buckeye Beauty. After that, I'll be back to the Irish Chain. I have that top nearly finished - only one more row of blocks to make, sew together, and attach to the rest of the top.

TINA - I hate that you have those dust storms. How frustrating when you've just cleaned! I think I'd have industrial-strength plastic duct taped over the windows, but that probably won't work either. Sorry about your CC. I know so many folks this has happened to in the past month. Is this CC stealing season?? As for pantries, my garage and shop are merely shelves that we cleared off and designated "Pantry".

CAROL - way to stretch that batting! I always have large scraps of it left over and I stitch them together - something I need to get busy and do soon as they are accumulating.

LORI - good luck to Jonathon and the pups! I'm sure they'll enjoy the "shakedown" campout. Eleven tops in the first 5 months is great! I post a list of mine in my sewing room, but haven't looked at it in a while.

JANA - we're looking for new food tonite, too. Tired of the used foods!

IZZY - after a major surgery back in 1997 I had a very difficult time getting into the tub, too, so when we renovated a few years after that we put in a walk in shower and it has come in so handy! We've had visitors with injuries that have really appreciated that shower.

Tonite we will be grilling burgers and put some of my homemade fries with them and some coleslaw. I'm already hungry!

How about you?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 14th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:13 am

Good morning!
I got my house all vacuumed and dusted again, whew am I already tired! What a mess that was.
Mary, glad your machine will be getting all fixed up, it's so frustrating when they act up.
If I could have a dome over our house I would! It's just so crazy with this drought! If anyone would like to pray for lots and lots of rain for us we sure would appreciate it.
I think supper here will be either tacos or burritos. Something quick and easy.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:45 am

Mary, bummer about your machine. Hope it's an easy fix.

Tina, I thought about dusting, but then changed my mind. You've done enough for both of us. :lol:

I got a text from Jonathan yesterday saying they arrived and didn't have cell service there. He has a satellite Garmin mapping system that he can text from. One of the dogs kept escaping his fence set up.
Hopefully he figured a better set up.

I have guild tonight and need to bring a treat. I'll figure something out. The boys have been walked and I made some granola. Now to see what I can get into in the sewing room.

We'll be doing out late lunch today. Don't know if I want Cha Cha's or Cheesecake Factory. I have some time to decide.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Good afternoon!

It was a needed run down to Costco for milk and strawberries. I bought some strawberries the other day, but we made two batches of jam and used what I had. So nice to have my new Costco open,, right next door to my grocery store to get what the other doesn't have.. only a couple of non planned items jumped in my basket. One was a pack ribeyes that will grace the plate with a fresh ear of corn and a salad. The rest of the pack was divided and froze for future meals.

Not much new here. I will have Ethan late this afternoon with my two little girls as well. That's when Sarah will take her DH for his MRI. So Grandma cheated and bought some Costco made mini chocolate chip cookies., to have for a treat this afternoon.

Mary - hope the machine is a quick fix. I had a machine once that acted up, it was solely operator error. A dull needle. My backup machine is in for a spa treatment and will be back in about 6 weeks or so.

Lori - those satellite systems can be a lifesaver especially out of cellphone range.

Take care, stay safe,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:57 pm

Good Evening,

It is supper time and I haven't cooked, but have everything ready to cook. We are having Grilled Chicken, potatoes and fresh Broccoli.

Maryz - Your machine isn't very old if I am remembering correctly. I am really surprised to hear all your problems with it. Maybe Jana is correct and change the needle??

Jana - You cheated and didn't make cookies for the grands?

Lori - What treat did you decide to bring? Next week is our Guild meeting we are having an appetizer/dessert potluck. I cannot decide what to take to the meeting.

Tina - Sorry to hear you had to spend time and energy cleaning again. Those dust storms must be something!

I replaced the tomato plant that died today. Somehow, we broke the stem of the first one in the process of bringing it home or planting it. I also planted some catmint and lavender. I have started quilting another quilt. This one is from charm squares and is being quilted from the feathers class I am still working through.

Think I need to start cooking dinner.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”