Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:31 am

Good morning,

I hope all of you in the heat are staying as cool as possible. Here we are trying our best to warm up, but not much luck. We topped out at a cloudy 58* yesterday. And after seeing what all y'all are going through, I'll not be complaining about it!!

Yesterday I made one of my August Calendar swap blocks. Today I hope to get a good start on the other five. I have my March blocks finished. I finally got myself out into the trailer and purged and cleaned everything but the floors. I washed out cabinets and relined a few. Bill still had to remove all his clothes, and other person things. He prefers to do this himself because apparently, I'm "not his mom!" :lol: Plus he was working on something out there. When he's done with all that, we'll vac & mop our way out the door, pull in the slides and he will jack it up for his yearly maintainence of wheel bearings, breaks, inspections.

Today - I plan to work on more August blocks. And I'll find one other household chore to enjoy, I'm sure!

CAROL - sorry to hear your CC got hacked, too. I like to believe the good people outnumber the bad in the world, but I'm starting to wonder. . . I'm so glad we have the automatic text notification feature with our main CC. We try to match bobbin and top thread, too, but sometimes it doesn't work that way, depending on the fabrics used in top and backing.

JANA - how did teaching go for you? Seems like you just taught a class. . . Yep, all my pantries are organized now. My kitchen pantry was actually designed as a coat closet - across the hall from the kitchen doorway. We lined it with C-shaped floor to ceiling shelves and voila`! Big pantry! The back up pantry is in the quilting room down the hall - a free-standing 6-foot tall double cabinet. In these times of shortages we made a back-up back-up pantry in the garage for extra cases of canned foods, cleaning supplies, paper goods. In our shop we have even more back-up paper goods. Then there's the floor to ceiling trailer pantry which always has enough food in it for a week or so - just in case . . . so it's a lot of organizing!! What are you working on in your Batt Cave these days?

IRISH - if we ever make it back east, we're keeping you and your sister in mind for sure! And we started tentatively talking a trip for next year, but then the fuel prices hit, so we'll see how it goes . . . Don't count us out yet! But don't count us in, either. Maybe Tim & Kathy, in all their travels, will put the PNW on their itinerary one year and bring you with them! . . . Good to have your friend back for a while. Is she ready to make the move to NC permanent? And she adopted a new kitty! My kind of friend! Watching the Eagles. Eighteen is 80 days old today. But he's still pretty hesitant about fledging. Maybe tomorrow? At the moment I'm typing this (I have both sites up) the others have come back to the nest and I think they are all waiting for Grub Hub to deliver a fish!

Well, I diced up the last of our ham, added peas, noodles, celery, onion, a few red pepper flakes, creamed soup and shredded cheese. By the time I was done I had THREE casseroles! I froze two and we had one last night. There's enough for tonite, too. Then I swear, we are moving on to new food!! Maybe burgers and fries.

How is your supper story going to read tonite?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 13th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:09 am

Maryz: and... Hello to everyone at the table today. I saw your comment yesterday in the daily Sew In. Yes I am around, but have been sitting on the sidelines. My days are going by so fast ... This whole month has been busy with church things, family visits, doctor, dentist, tests for DH, helping with Food Pantry , dance nights, planting slips of flowers brought home from our son's. These flowers need constant watering in this extreme heat spell.
I will be back to daily visits next month when my calendar is more empty.
I am hoping to sandwich my "Sew Along" quilt. I may change my mind, but hope to hand quilt this one with a lap frame I bought about two years ago, but never tried it out.
So I will be reading and trying to keep up to date, but may not read it all until late in the day.
Supper tonight is eating out on the way to a dance. With these higher prices on groceries, gas, etc, we are cutting corners, so cooking more at home. Did a meal in crockpot last night. Delicious!! And so ... Tender!!
Catch you all later. Saying prayers and thinking of you all.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:29 am

Morning girls well school is done I’m headed to the post office here in just a few minutes to mail and all my data sheets and materials back to the school and that closes out my year I’ve already been outside weeding out some flowerbeds and walking around with little man this week is vacation Bible school so we have a busy week coming up tonight we had to go pick up pay trying to fill the barn for winter so trying to get all our ducks in a row so to speak

Doing a few uglies trying to get my beds stripped and wash the linens and hang them out on the line been getting my kitchen a new backsplash and unfortunately we ran out of grout so they had to order more so now I’m in the waiting period for more grout to finish my backsplash

Once they finish that they’re moving into DD‘s bathroom and we are putting in a walk-in shower for her it’s getting too hard for her to step over the ledge of the bathtub to get onto her shower chair so due to all her falls we’ve decided a walk-in shower will be easier so that’s the next remodel

Now for supper the other night I wanted to make roasted rabbit we never got around to it so today I did set it out and I think I’m gonna put it on the grill tonight I’m going to season it with some lemon pepper herbs and rosemary and let it sit in the fridge and then stick it on the grill Yum 😋

Mary I’m headed out to the RV also to do some cleaning it’s awful how the little spiderwebs and little ladybugs take over in the winter when it’s all closed up but little man and I are camping in it Friday night he staying the night here after vacation Bible school so we’re going to stay out there and have a camp out
So I need to put fresh linens on that bed as well and put a few things in the fridge for snacks and some microwave popcorn of course so that we can sit and watch Scooby Doo while we lay in bed and eat popcorn 🍿

Velda I hear you on how busy things are it just seems like the 12 hours of daylight sure does fly by when you’re so busy there’s many days I forget to get on here and read and check in on you ladies but I do think of you all a lot
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:49 am

Good soggy afternoon!

It's raining here! Yippee! My lawn needs this drink. Even though it's coming out, I will keep it fairly green until the rip out, just in case my contractor bails.

Not much around here. Just playing with learning how to embroider applique.

Dinner - it's new food Monday! My own declaration! Now what will I pull out of my hat ... humm.... it's raining, cold, so soup is a great idea - broccoli cheese in a bread bowl. Since my bread bowl recipe makes 6 bowls, I will use some of the extra dough for a cinnamon roll, a nice treat.

Enjoy!
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Jana, your soup sounds yummy.

Mary, I see you are busy as usual. Are you still working though the food from your trip?

Jonathan is off on his 1st adventure in the camper van he's been working on. He's going up to the local mountains to give it a try. The 2 dogs are with him.

I finished up a few quilts over the weekend. I used Minkie on the back of one. My 1st time using it. I like it, but it's definitely for cooler weather. Another was a strip quilt pattern from my sew sampler box. Once again I'm going to try and finish up things I started. I think I've made 11 quilt tops so far this year. Time to get quilting them.

I think maybe cereal for dinner tonight. I don't feel like cooking.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:46 pm

Good Afternoon,

We woke up to some light rain/drizzle with water dripping from the roof. A very nice change! Soup sounded good so I am making Autumn Soup for the cooler weather. It is bubbling on the range top and with the windows all open this afternoon the neighbors will enjoy a wonderful aroma.

Since I didn't get around to basting a quilt yesterday I did it today. I have three small quilts to finish and did not have three small bats. I did have a double size bat and was able to get all three quilts batted and have a nice piece left for some other project. I am happy!

Lori - I am with you! I really need to finish these quilt tops!

Jana - Enjoy the soup and Bread Bowl! Sounds quite delicious!

Maryz - Wish I had that much pantry area! My DH doesn't want me touching his stuff very much either.

Vel - Hoping all appointments go well and you are back to sewing soon.

Izzy - Enjoy the swimming. Your campout sounds like a lot of fun!

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:10 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, the auto text on the cc is a really good thing, I have it too. We just went through this 3 weeks ago and had to get our cards cancelled and replaced. They sat up a whole new account. Your calendar blocks are so cool and I love your patriotic doggies, totally awesomeness! You have a lot of pantry space!
Velda, I totally understand, that's how I get sometimes.... just not enough time in the day for everything needing to be done. We've been getting up to 106° it's extremely hard to get things done outside. We have 14½ hours of burning sunshine per day. At midnight last night it was still 84° and we only went down to 73° Summer is not my favorite season as you can imagine...... and we're still in Spring! 🥵🥵
Izzy, your camp out sounds perfect! I bet you both will love it, enjoy!
Jana, rain! Funnel me some down here please. Your soup in bread bowls sounds yummy!
Lori, I guess I'm allergic to minky, I break out in hives when I sew with it. Wow 11 already?! Great job!
Carol, that's great to get 4 quilts out of the 1 batting! You got rain too? You know I'm extremely jealous!
Today I got up and vacuumed, laundry, mopped and cleaned in general. Frankie dusted for me. Then at 4 we got hit with a haboob and it dumped the dirt on us. I guess I'll be doing a repeat tomorrow. We couldn't even see 12 feet out the windows. Frankie says the front enclosed porch needs shoveled out 😡🥺😭 I just cleaned it really good! Tomorrow I'll clean again. We have to change the AC filter every single month.
Supper tonight was pork chops and noodles.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”