Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 12

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 12

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:56 am

Good morning,

We have two ladies Boondocking in the yard. Both are from England, but one has been a California resident for 30 years and one is a friend, visiting. They are 'doing' the West Coast of the USA. Very nice ladies. Not sure how old they are but both have white hair so they fit in around here. :D

Yesterday was a busy, busy day. I carried in 4 boxes of extra groceries from the trailer and squeezed them back into the house pantry. Which meant reorganizing the pantry top to bottom. I washed all my new fabric plus the greens for my Irish Chain and the wide back, and put it all out on the lines. Later I had to fold it all and now I need to squeeze all THAT into my fabric "pantry"! lol! I also finished up my PP Patriotic Puppies June Lotto blocks. I posted a photo in the lotto thread if you'd like to see them. I thought they turned out pretty cute.

Today I will do another house chore, TBA, and start on my 6 Calendar Swap blocks. First, I have to do some math to bring my block up to size. I still haven't received my pattern so I'm going to try to wing it from the photograph on my phone by printing and then enlarging it.

CAROL - Mostly we wind our own bobbins for the LA, but we also use the exact same bobbins you use from Superior except they are L-style. Usually they work just fine. We put a thin little plastic disc into the bobbin case before adding the bobbin which seems to make everything work more smoothly. It's just two bobbins lately that seem to come unwound inside the bobbin case. I'm not sure what you mean by removing the paper - all that's there is the thin cardboard "walls" of the bobbin. Seems if you removed that the thread roll would all collapse.

IRISH - bittersweet to see Terry and Theresa move away, but then if your kids are living their dream, could you want anything else for them. I was heartbroken when Autumn moved to LA in 2006. Then in '12 she went to Texas! She isn't in love with TX and will probably move again in the next 5 years or so, but if I had to guess, I bet they will choose Denver area. Both their best friends live there, plus my two sisters. And Aut also has two cousins there. And yes, "our" Eagles! Amazing. thank you again for turning us on to them. I've learned so much watching the past few months. And added new words to my vocabulary! Fleaping! Wingersizing! Breakfish! Watching those eaglets grow and eventually fledge is sort of a spiritual experience. Sorry your credit card got compromised, too. such a hassle. Bill had lots of automatic payments made with his, but Costco Visa said all those automatic folks will be automatically notified and the new number given to them. We didn't have to do all that. And it's good news that your eyes are all better now! Prayers go with your sister now.

JANA - we were just talking about it being strawberry jam time - and there you go - making strawberry jam! We must have a mental link. But raspberry is my favorite so I'm waiting for 'the good stuff'. Bill once told me marmalade was his, so I made a bunch of that, but he never ate it, so no more for him! I make blackberry because the berries are free - on our own property or the big blackberry patch where I walk. But they are the big Himalaya blackberries so are pretty seedy and not as 'brightly' flavored as the little wild mountain blackberries. I add a bit of lemon juice to help with that. We usually use same thread top and bobbin in our LA. Other threads require adjusting the tension which can be a hassle. We've found that variegated threads can mess with the tension, too, so much as I love the look of them, we usually avoid them.

Our ham was good second time around. Do I hear a third?? I sliced it all last night so it's good for sandwiches now. And we'll be having a variety of ham dishes for the next 3 or 4 days. :lol: :lol: They will probably evolve in the kitchen as I cook. I do have recipes in my recipe box for leftover ham so I guess it's time to dig them out.

What are you digging out for supper tonite?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, June 12

Post by Irishgram » Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:55 am

Good afternoon from a warm but kind of dreary, SW. Pa....Mr. Sun does peek out every once in awhile but I guess today is his day of rest, also........

Mary, your days are always filled to the brim...That's really neat to have the "Boondockers" staying with you and it seems you really do get some nice ones....I have been thinking, I had told you, when you and Bill come east, we'd have lots of room for you to stop and that still goes...Just because my sister moved in a big double wide, there's still lots and lots of property, (even when the farm gets sold)....Never a lack of space....And I'm only 3 minutes away, 4 if I stop at the stop sign....We both will love to have you visit for as long as you want....
I really need to sort out my big closet in the sewing/computer room...I know there are things in there that shouldn't be and things I've probably forgotten I had (but then they'll be new again, right?)....
My neighbor/friend/cat sitter got home last night from 3 weeks in N.C. with her fella and I'm anxious to find out if she has any doubts, lol...She is planning to move there in August (insert very sad face) but said she'll be up once a month....Not only does she watch BabyGirl for me, she cuts my hair and most of my neighbors...We could pay for her flight if she'd come every month and do our hair....AND while she was in NC. she adopted another cat, little stray that came to the door....They had her checked and she moved in with her 2 cats and his dog and now has a great forever home....The new fur baby will stay in N.C. because she is now best friends with the dog...If she could, my friend would have the best and biggest animal shelter around......

Not much happening in my neck of the woods, really a quiet day....Just finished some uglies that were to be done yesterday and have a feeling my sister will be stopping over....(She has never eaten asparagus and I told her I was making mine today)....Oh course if she waits too long, it will be gone......

And other than asparagus for supper, really haven't a clue.....Do wish I had some of Mary's ham.....

My special prayers go out to all those in need...I firmly believe, things will look up.....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating...............

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:02 am

Good morning!

Here at church and sitting in our favorite pew! Yippee, I'm not leading the music today! But then again, I am teaching. Oh well.....

We have brunch ready and awaiting when we get home. Then a quick nap then downstairs down to play. Ethan may want to come down and bake cookies, we will see if that happens.

Mary - quite the day in organizing both storage pantries! The fabric one would be the most fun! Sorry about those dang dang thieves! At least it seems a bit easy that the credit card company is helping.

Gotta go,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Good Morning,

Maryz - Yes, I remove one of the thin cardboards on the outside of the bobbin. It one without the cardboard faces outward. No, it has not unwound, which is exactly what I thought might happen.

Jana - Yes, I like to match the bobbin color to the top and usually use the same weight. The thread I was using on top was white so white in the bobbin was fine. There was a difference in weights, but it did not affect the tension.

Irish - I wish I would have watched those eagles. Maybe next year.

We decided to go out last night for dinner, so tonight I will definitely have chicken. I have been out for a nice walk this morning and will sew the binding onto the quilt I just finished. Then perhaps layer another quilt. I do need to get some ironing done as well.

Keep your bobbins full!
Carol

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:19 pm

I forgot to add that this morning my credit card was hacked and the cc company wrote me an e-Mail they declined the charges. The account is now closed and I will get a new card in a few days.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:53 pm

Uggh another one! Glad that you had the charges reversed. It is such a pain! I know this is a stupid question, but come on, why can't everyone just be honest, up front and do no harm! I can hope , someday eventually....l

Return to “Chit Chat”