Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:45 am

Good morning,

First thing this morning I turned on IRISH'S eagle cam and got to watch one fledge! Spectacular! He/she was doing a few fly-bys and then back to the nest when Dad brought in a fish for breakfast. The chatterers on the site call it "breakfish". This is a big moment for those of us who have gotten attached! :D

Yesterday we ended up running errands and going to Costco. That took the morning and after that i put away the few things we bought and packaged meat/chicken/pork chops for the freezer. We also got the laundry done and the trailer bed re-made. By then, it was time to power down. It poured rain all day long. My poor iris and rhododendrons are beat all to heck. Today will also be rainy, but not so bad. I have a mammo at 0900 and then I'll be off into Tacoma to Trains LQS for their semi-annual 40% sale. Not that I need anything, but I like to buy what catches my eye. She doesn't have the latest fabrics, but buys bulk leftovers and blenders which she sells for about 20% less than other LQS's. So 40% off that is a significant savings and i stock up on whites, off-whites, and more. I may clean bathrooms this afternoon or I may start my June lotto blocks. I better hurry - June is 1/3 over!

TINA - your dish sounded terrific! And you made meatloaf the other night - in your heat! Do you put it into the convection oven? toaster oven? Crockpot? I made one in the crockpot once, setting the loaf on top of thick onion slices. I set the crockpot out on the deck so it wouldn't add heat to the house. Worked well. I even tucked potatoes in, too, like a pot roast. Wouldn't it be nice if we could trade off 10 or 15 degrees. We will be 65*~ish today.

JANA - Ethan is such a help! I'd take one of those panninis, please. For the past 2 months I've not been able to find canned mushrooms at Costco. For special dishes I use fresh from the grocery store but for most things I make canned is fine and I use enough that I buy them by the case at Costco. I did pick up a few cans at Freddy's ($$) but where are Costco's?? They've always been a staple there.

LORI - Oh, I guess I mis-spoke yesterday. Sort of. Bill asked for hot dogs. What he meant was Johnsonville brats - the Beddar Cheddar kind. Not sure that's any better than hot dogs, though. We eat them maybe once a year. And what fun!! Pie in Julian!! Been there, ate that! Yum! And we camped at the county park there which is near Eleanor's log home. Lots of wild turkeys running around. We were revisiting the scene of one of our retirement jobs - doing firefighters' laundry in the Pine Fire firecamp back in 2002. But we never left camp for the 3 weeks we were there in our trailer and never saw the town. It was 108* when we were there - with no AC. the job was fun and I'm glad for the experience, but the heat, for this PNW girl, was beyond tolerable. Fortunately, we worked nights in the big laundry trailer when it was cooler.

For our supper tonite I think I'll bake the ham we thawed and hauled all the way to Oregon and back. I think it has enough miles (500) on it now. Turns out the one couple who did show didn't like ham so it's still with us. Maybe scalloped potatoes and salad to go with. I have two large potatoes that need to be et up.

What yummy ideas are rolling around in your head for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 10

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:08 am

Good morning!
Lori, yes you can join us for supper anytime!
Mary, I cooked my meatloaf in the oven, this new stove doesn't seem to heat up the house.
Ham and scallop potatoes are Holly's favorite, we like them too.
Jana, your panini sounds yummy!
Today we are under a heat advisory, 107° today! They are advising people to stay inside and stay cool..... ya think!
Maria was hoping to go to Ross to shop today but Kevin asked her to stay home and stay inside.
We have to run to the vet today to pick up meds but that'll be this morning. The heat advisory is from noon to midnight.
Supper will be burgers on the grill and probably salad.
Tina

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, June 10

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:03 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Ham and scalloped potatoes are one of my favorites too. You were very lucky to catch the eagles fledging. It must have been awesome.

Tina - Your temperatures are way too hot for late spring. The weather said it would be warming up though. I noticed we will have a temperature around 80 in the next 10 days. We are very comfortable.

Jana - Your Panini's sound very good. I will have to try your special sauce.

Yesterday morning DH and I went for a long walk. We walked on the dirt trail in the Nature Preserve, something I haven't done since end of March. My wound has healed, and I now feel it is safe. Then I started working on quilting a small quilt. I used a pre-wound bobbin and an overall design. I had never used either before. Both, although unrelated, worked like a charm. The trick with using the pre-wound bobbin is to take off one of the paper covers. I am almost done with the quilt and will finish later today.

I am meeting some friends and going to a quilt exhibit at the California Heritage Museum. The quilt artist is Alice Beasley. We will have lunch afterward.

Today is also the day when we clean bathrooms, change the sheets and launder sheets and towels.

Dinner, oh dear, I forgot to leave some chicken out. I think we will have chicken. I will put some marinade on it this morning. Yesterday we had Chicken and Rice Casserole. My DH loves it.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”