Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:55 am

Good morning,

We're going home this morning. It's a 4-hr drive and we'll probably get home and parked by noon and start emptying the trailer. Laundry is going to be a BIG pile and I'll get started on it this afternoon. Something to look forward to! Plus, I have a mammogram tomorrow, I believe.

Yesterday was nice - but then all the days have been nice. It's been good getting to know these new friends. He has Parkinson's plus many additional mannerisms of my brother, Jim. It's been almost like spending 4 days with my brother again. We went to Treveri Cellars which only sells sparkling wines. Tasting there is an event - comfy, luxurious outdoor seating, gourmet appetizers, and, of course, the champagnes. We didn't buy any but enjoyed the hour we spent there - and the expansive view was spectacular - all low rolling hills of vineyards and orchards plus roses of every color all over the property.

TINA - you have been busy. Sorry about the heat. I always wish I could change that for you. What is the fire situation in NM now? I hope you can find homes for your little turtles.

CAROL - Nothing magical about sending you a text. I looked in my phone book and there you were. I have been collecting contact info on forum members ever since I joined in 2008. But thanks for thinking I'm smart! ( you did, didn't you??). Great idea to have the incoming board sit in with the outgoing board. We both used to be on the board of our old western dance club (Bill was pres and I was sec) so we're a little bit familiar with how it works, Roberts Rules of Order, etc.

I'm sure no one (read ME!) will feel like cooking tonite after 4 hours on the road, laundry, and emptying much of the trailer. So I might just thaw chili from the freezer and have it over a baked potato, topped with cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream. Tomorrow, I will take stock of the freezer and our perishables - bread, eggs, fruits and veggies and hit the grocery store.

What's your supper plan? Especially for those in those high heats? I'm not much for cooking when it's above 80* myself!

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8th

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:49 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Yes, I thought you quite clever! I do not remember ever texting you and I have a tendency not to give out my cell number because of lack of service here at home. You are amazing me!!

The Board meeting went great. It was a long meeting with a lot going on. It was very productive. I am so glad several of the very new members and Board members were present. They really need to see the Budget and know about the Standing Rules.

I cleared my desk yesterday a bit. I also went to the Card Store and bought a Father's Day card and some Thank You cards. Although my DH is not a Father and I am not a Mother, we give one another cards and celebrate the days. Life is to celebrate after all.

Today I plan to sew most of the day while doing a few loads of laundry. There will be a Zoom sew-in this afternoon, and I can work on binding. I made a label yesterday and have attached it to the quilt. I also fixed the fold in the back. It was an easy fix.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken. Last night it was roasted so tonight we will have it grilled.

Carol

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, June 8th

Post by auntjana » Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:38 pm

Good afternoon!

Not much here. We are getting quite warm each new day. It seems that the monsoons that usually happen in August, may come early. If so, we get lots of rain, especially if there are hurricanes off the Baja coast of California. C'mon hurricanes! Tina may get some some rain from it too.

Dinner - trying to decide between potstickers and fried rice or banned in the air fryer and salad.

Heading out in a minute to deliver the t-shirts. It's nice to get out of the house for a bit.

Lesson is coming. Michael is doing some wiring for internet so he can move some of the printers downstairs to make space for Karlie.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”