Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 7

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 7

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 am

Good morning,

I hope you all saw my note yesterday about Becca in yesterday's supper club and also in the sew-in.
CAROL - I texted you Becca's info.

We are having beautiful weather here -mid 70's. Purrfect! We've been able to have a campfire every night. Yesterday we went to Costco in the morning - always fun to walk around different Costco's. I bought a pair of shorts, another skort, and Bill bought a shirt. Then we relaxed in camp until it was time to go to the winery. We tasted, we bought, and then we went across the street to have "linner". It was excellent - I had Mediterranean chicken skewers with lemon rice and Bill had a cheeseburger. Back at camp, we sat outside, relaxed some more in our outside chairs before lighting the fire. Our friends brought popcorn and we visited until bedtime.

Today, our last day, we have a 2;45 rez at the sparkling wine winery - Traveri Cellars. Reservations is the only way to get in there - and they serve quite a little appetizer spread with their flights. We will get 1 oz of 4 different sparkling wines to taste. Their appetizers are enough that we probably won't be hungry for supper but there is a good chance we will have room for dessert around the fire later. Bev brought a bumbleberry pie and we have vanilla ice cream to add. We go home tomorrow - should make it by about noon. I will probably get quite a laundry fest going - 8 days on the road plus the 2 days I left in the hamper at home. It's going to take a few days to get through it all.

I've been watching Irish's eagles for her. I believe she has been busy helping her sister move into her new home. The eagles are ready to fledge and a couple of them have been so far out on branches that they are off camera for much of the day. They usually fledge about 80-85 days after hatching. And Friday will be Day 80 since the first eaglet hatched.

Tina said she has been watching her 3 grands this past week plus they attended a little pre-school graduation ceremony, complete with cap and gown, for little Matthew who, I think, is 4 yrs old. Those dust storms Tina has told us about ? The couple we are with now said they were camped at City of Rocks SP not far from Tina's town when one of those storms came up. They happened to be in town with only their truck when the storm hit and authorities wouldn't let anyone on the roads until it let up so they couldn't get back to camp. They hung out at Tina's Walmart for several hours until they could leave.

Chickie has been as busy as she can be with life - birthdays (and those beautiful cookies), baby quilts, doctors, house work, and farm life. She is doing fine but has some days that she says are dizzy doozies. She recently tested positive for Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever and is now being treated for that. She told me that it is difficult for her to type.

That's all the updates I have on our little crowd. I hope your supper is tasty tonite!

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:49 am

Maryz - Thank you for the address. You are very good with the phone. I wasn't aware you could send me her information without me giving you my information.

Last Board meeting as President is tonight. We will approve Budget and hopefully get approval for Standing Rules. A few of the new Board who are newer Guild members will also be present. Many of the current Board members will also be on the new Board. I think observing what the current Board is doing and being exposed to the Budget will help their understanding.

Last night we did not have chicken, so it will be dinner tonight. DH had eaten the leftover meatloaf, potatoes and green beans for lunch and I had a cheeseburger, so we opted for chili for dinner.

Carol

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, June 7

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 7:24 am

Good morning everyone! I made it here and got caught up on reading the 5 days I missed. Those 5 days went by fast for not posting but slower with all I had going on with the grands LOL
I'm not used to giving baths to kids anymore and getting down and up on my knees twice a night was exhausting. But I had 2 very clean boys all ready for bed each night. Easton has a hard time washing his hair but can do his body fine, Preston would rather play than wash anything...... well actually he'd rather not take a bath at all 😂🤣
We played ladder ball, corn hole, bocci ball, they went in the little pool that something poked holes in Friday night so it is now thrown away, we've had it for several years and it's been used every summer. I'll have to keep an eye out for a new one. I taught the boys how to play checkers, they really loved learning that!
Jazmyne helped Frankie around here plus took a trailer from their house to the transfer station. They had to go take care of the animals at her house everyday too plus she had to clean the kitchen there too. I figured she had enough to do so I only had her help me dust 1 day and then they all just had to keep their own things picked up and make their beds everyday. We all kept busy.
Mary, I'm glad Bill got the wires all clean so your breaks worked. I bet all the rain you all get causes problems like that there. Your wine tasting trip sounds fun. Sorry all those other couples canceled but at least 1 showed up. Thank you for the update on Becca 🙏 for sure for them both.
Velda, so glad you're feeling better. Who won the raffled quilt? I was shown to just make sure the quilt backing and batting is 4" bigger all around and I do a stitch straight across the top to anchor the quilt and then do that for the sides as I go. I used to do it the way Mary and Bill does but when they did my lessons they showed me this way and I'm happy I don't have to baste on and then take off the extras now. But like Mary said, there's so many different ways that quilters prefer it and I'm sure no way is a wrong way.
Carol, I loooove California Adventure! My favorite ride there was Soaring Over California! I also love Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World and Grizzle Rampage! LOL
Jana, wow Daniel will be there before we know it, the time for me has zoomed by but I bet it's crawled by for you. You have a huge yard! Did you take before pics? I'd love to see before and after pics! I wish I could have Sarah come fix my yard ❤
Well we're starting a 10 day run of 100° to 106° every day so I'll be staying in a lot. We're only cooling down to maybe 68° to 70° at night. I'll water early and then hide in my house. I have plenty to keep me busy inside. Frankie thinks he has to be doing something outside all the time, he's a little crazy though LOL ❤
He's already killed a rattlesnake in our garden and yesterday there was a small snake (not a rattler) in our back yard that he took out to a field.
We have been finding baby turtles all over, sadly a lot die and don't make it to the water before we find them. We found 9 alive and put them in a tank, 8 red eared sliders and 1 yellow bellied sliders. 2 of the red eared died by getting caught in between rocks and couldn't get out so we took the rocks out and sat a water plant in there for then to sun on. We also can see the bottom of our pond now and I saw 2 baby turtles in there, hopefully we'll be able to catch them and put them with the others. I'm going to see if Petco and Petsmart will take them. If not I'll check a couple other places. We will have to keep the yellow bellied I think, it has a messed up foot. It may get better as it grows though.
Well it's voting day so supper might be out, sounds good to me anyways LOL
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”