Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 6

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 6

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:02 am

Good morning,

We had a nice day yesterday and tasted some great wines - and a few that weren't so great. Then we grilled hot dogs outside. We added baked beans and "Bev" brought potato salad. This is a very nice couple and we are getting to know them. The only problem we are having is that she is a talker. She talks non-stop, barely taking time to breathe, and they stay LATE at the campfire. I'm getting tired and ready for home. We did go out in the morning for coleslaw ingredients and while at Freddy's I bought new white tennies and a new purse. I got a new purse at Kohl's the day before we left and the zipper broke the next day so I have to take it back.

Today we are going to a small winery in downtown Yakima. This is one of our favorites, our last club winery. We'll probably do a little 'stocking up'. And we might have lunch out. Thinking there would be more people along I didn't bring much actual supper food except a ham but learned yesterday that our new friends don't like ham. So, I'm in a quandry. We still have two more days.

CAROL - how was D-land the other day?

JANA - will be nice to be able to hand over the reins of the chorister job. Are there likely candidates lining up?

So - as I said, supper is up in the air. Maybe a late lunch in town after our tasting and call it "lupper"? Maybe nachos? a scramble? Maybe I'll find something in the freezer I forgot I packed. Looks like I'll be surprised!

I hope your supper isn't a surprise. Or maybe that would be nice . . . .

billizzy

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, June 6

Post by billizzy » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:20 am

Mary sounds treacherous for sure I read yesterday too and Jana really made it sound that way😳

Jana I wish I could sit out in pews on Sunday but piano begs for players do have fill in if not there but she only knows chords so just set of songs and hates to play unless needed 😉
My leader has been on vacation and I didn’t think be there yesterday so picked two slow songs for Dh to lead but music leader arrived to save the day lol

Super menu thinking roasted rabbit with veggies tonight 🥰 May make some rolls with whey from cheese I made.

Miss chatting with everyone work and grand keep me busy but it’s summer break 😊
🐐izzy

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:37 am

Good morning!

Last night was a yummy adventure in eating. We left the rodeo earlier than the kids. Plus, they couldn't come to the section we were at, so we were texting back and forth. So after we left, they decided that dinner was here last night. I thought just dessert. So yesterday afternoon I was scrolling through the texts, that's when I saw dinner here! Panic - called Sarah, so we quickly pulled off dinner. Aaron's old smoker lives here at my house, so he smoked some pork tenderloins with his own honey teriyaki sriracha sauce he created and Sarah had a salmon, so we smoked that too. Rice pilaf, homemade in the insta pot, asparagus, and corn on the cob. Pretty good eating for short notice! Now tonight is a whole different question! I will come up with something. Right now I am regaining my kitchen. The girls were good and scraped and stacked up the dishes, so I'm doing now.

In a few minutes I am heading down to embroider those t-shirts for Crenda.

Mary - In the church we get our callings, jobs, from the Bishop, through inspiration. Now, with the music callings, we do choose from those who do play and know a bit of music. So there is no lining up or anything like that. The Bishop and inspiration always comes through with just the right person.

Izzy - nice to have you join us today! With my young chorister, I too pick easy hymns for her to conduct. She has gained confidence and poise over this past year in doing this calling.

Well, time to get going,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:01 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Disneyland was really California Adventure and it was great. I left home very early so did not encounter any stop and go traffic. The drive was easy! I arrived at the park before 8:00 AM. Unfortunately, the Radiator Springs Racers were not open all day. I left about 1:30 PM and had a very good time.

I repaired the fold in the back of the quilt. It was minor and near the edge. I ended up cutting off about 7 inches and at the widest point it was a quarter inch wide. It looks perfect!

Jana - Your family had a real party and rightly so to celebrate the honor for Michael. On my list of things to do today is to use embroidery unit to make a label. I programmed it in the other day, just need to stitch it out.

Today, after the gym I need to run errands. Gas ($6.29/gal), grocery store, meat market and Target are the destinations.

Yesterday I basted a quilt and found the stencil. I intend to do an overall design on it. It is a crib size quilt and should not take long. I plan to donate it.

Dinner tonight will be chicken, potatoes, salad and a vegetable.

Carol

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:31 pm

I have been out all day but just checked And found a PM from Becca. She says they are in crisis and need prayer. CA has severe case of shingles. Anybody who has had them knows how miserably painful they can be and they can last for months. ( Pro Tip: if you aren’t vaccinated for shingles, do it today!). And she is suffering from a bad reaction to a medication she was taking. Plus her TGN. They are in pretty bad shape. Please keep them in mind when you say your prayers

And if you have healing thoughts you would like to share with them, a card shower would not go amiss.

Mz

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Mary,

Thanks for checking on Becca. Your advice about Shingles is spot-on! We all have stories of someone we knew who had shingles. I am waiting until the end of the month to start the two shot version. I had a reaction to the single shot and am concerned about getting a reaction to the two shot.

I would appreciate you sending me Becca's address.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”