Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 26, 2022 6:50 am

Good morning, fellow Supperers!

What a nice day yesterday was. 72*. 8-) I spent some time in the kitchen making my broccoli/mandarin orange salad and shortcakes for my strawberries. Then an hour or so in the sewing room and finally a ride-along with Bill to Port Orchard. He got all our propane tanks filled and I swung through Joann's looking for my fabric. No luck, as expected. We picked up our take'n'bake pizza, came home, and readied the side yard for company - firewood, chairs, tablecloth. It was a nice evening. Today - Costco as soon as it opens. That's my only plan, I think. So it will probably be back to the sewing room for me. Working on calendar blocks.

VELDA - How did your inhaler experiment go? I hope you're feeling better.

JANA - so Sarah is your secret weapon! lol! I was telling my walking buddy yesterday about your arsenic soup recipe. We both agreed that could come in very handy some days. ;) Looks like you all have it figured out for Daniel and Company. You can always make it work for family.

IRISH - So, unless you cancelled, today is Eye Day for you! Hope all goes well - and your driver was able to drive. Sounds like you found your fridge! Ours is black, too. Many years ago Bill's sis bought a black fridge and we hauled it for her and he installed the ice maker. I wondered then who on earth would want black appliances! Well, guess who now has all black! It's hard to switch colors because they don't all go out at the same time! so, did you ever catch your sweet Baby Girl and get her to the vet? We've had the same problems with cats before (trying to catch them for vet or traveling), but not with Foxtrot. He's a pretty easy going kind of guy.

CAROL - is today your arthritis dr appt? Maybe she knows of a wonder cure. My dad swore by Aspercreme. I don't know if it worked but he thought it did and faith counts for a lot. Another friend insists arnica is the go-to treatment. My vote is still out. I may end up with a new hip one day (just like my mom), but not today! As for fridges, my back doesn't like bending over and I get into the freezer a lot less often than the fridge portion. I've had two side-by-sides (ugh!), 3 bottom freezers, and several top freezers. For me, the bottom freezer works best. But I'll never have a french door fridge again. My walking neighbor got a similar fridge at the same time we got ours and she also dislikes the french door design.

Since we're going to Costco, things might change, but for now, supper is going to be either taco leftovers or pasta. And if it's pasta, then Bill can decide if he's in a mood for marinara sauce, alfredo, or pesto. He often eats the taco leftovers for lunch so that's why I need a Plan B.

What's your plan?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 26

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 26, 2022 7:47 am

Hi everyone! Yes, I am on the right side, and mending!
Even feel well enough that DH is treating us to a "Birthday" dinner. We have gift card from Mother's Day for TGI Friday's and points enough for a Whiskey coated Rib Dinner.
Last night turned out quite fun at the dance, too.
It's been a long haul this time.
I look forward to sewing again next week. Going to keep resting to get my strength back.
Thanks everyone for Birthday and Get Well wishes. It's means a lot!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:01 am

Good morning!
Mary, one lady said her fabric came from Hobby Lobby because she used to work there. You have some on the way. You'll be back into the IC blocks soon.
Velda, so glad you're on the mend!
I'm still not feeling good, I have sores on one side of my mouth, very painful. They are really wearing me out.
Supper will be something soft or liquid.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Sweet little Foxy exercising with you! Wish you had had a camera, bet you do too!

Today's appointment was for osteoporosis. I am taking the generic for Actonel and she wanted to see how I was tolerating it. I am doing fine. Just not getting enough exercise, but it is understandable. I will do better at getting exercise now. The wound on my leg is almost healed, colonoscopy and a UTI are over, so now I can exercise which will help the bones and blood sugar levels.

Tina - Sores in your mouth sound very painful. Hope you are able to get some rest.

Tonight's dinner will be Chicken. I took it out of freezer yesterday, so need to marinate it today.

I hope to sew today. Need to get some ironing done and laundry.

Have a great day.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 26, 2022 11:57 am

Good afternoon!

Home from the milk run. The few things are put away and Sarah is back. Her cement guy is here looking at what we need done and giving us a bid. Sarah also brought the first draft of the yard with the basic drawings 8n color - looks good!

Now more happy news - my Solara is finally fixed and we are on our way to go get her!

So this is now quick - dinner is apple chicken sausages in my orzo one pan dinner. It's a new experiment using these instead of the kielbasa.

Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 26, 2022 3:09 pm

Well, I am back!

My Solara is home where she belongs! And they did discount the price. So on the way home, guess who we ran across - yup, Aaron on duty. Called and teased him. He as he put it, was babysitting a very large pile of what we call, happy horse s**t. I do mean a large pile , about 10x10 and 6 feet deep. That boy finds the strangest stuff on the road. This pile was taking up an entire lane on the main street here in Herriman. So Aaron is sitting in his nice AC cooled vehicle, waiting for a tractor and dump truck, with his lights flashing. We are above 80 and with all his gear, that makes it extra hot.

Found out the rest of the Ethan brownie story. They didn't even try his brownies. They said they were raw. It seems as the team ahead in the kitchen time over ran their alloted time, shorting Ethan and the team behind Ethan, ran Ethans team out before they were done. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice, but our Ethan is nice. Later, Sandee found out what happened and she didn't have students and could have watched the baking for Ethan. Oh well, the ones at home were delicious.

The landscaping is coming together. The cement guy was here and can easily do what we need. I added, back in our fire pit area, a pergola that will be like a back drop for our barn. Sarah was worrying about all the trees, their cost, so this is what Michael told her - he's getting old, so he doesn't buy green bananas any more - that translates to get the biggest trees available! He wants to enjoy them. We've talked to the neighbors on either side to let them know what we're doing. One is extremely happy, as she wanted to get rid of the grass in the park strip as well. The boundaries between our yards, share that area. The two big trees stay, just the grass is going and flagstone and perennials are being added.

Tomorrow will be fun with my Lila. Gracie is done with school, just after lunch. Then the two will be here for awhile.

Hugs,,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”