Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 24th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 24th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 24, 2022 5:47 am

Good morning,

Today is another nephew's birthday. He is also my godson. And I do believe he is 59 today. Our younger generation is growing up! Three of my nephews plus my son all have birthdays this week.

Yesterday I didn't do a whole lot - played with a few patterns and fabrics in my sewing room but didn't actually sit and sew. Then I spent a few hours outside. Now I have a pinched nerve in my neck so I'll be off to the chiropractor tomorrow morning. Today - I guess I'll go back to the patterns and fabrics trying to find the purrfect St Patrick's Day block for the Holiday Calendar swap. Still hoping to find even a little bit of the fabric I'm looking for. Tina has found me a couple of possible sources so I've got my fingers crossed. I also need to do a short grocery shopping trip either today or tomorrow morning.

VELDA - did you get to go dancing last night to celebrate your birthday? I hope somewhere in your special day there was cake! And maybe a wish or two come true!

TINA - I wish you could send me ten of your best degrees. Then you'd be cooler and we'd be warmer. Though we did hit 70* yesterday, much warmer than predicted, so I actually have no complaints there. It was purrfect.

CAROL - it is so nice to be able to simply go to the freezer at 5pm and pull out a ready made supper! I have a few packages of chili, some of french fries, and 5 ziplocks of spaghetti sauce. One of these days I want to make tamales again. My walking neighbor made a big pot of taco filling and canned it. Said it was very good. She also did stew and a few other things.

JANA - Lee & Lara also love D-land, though now they go to D-world since they moved to the east coast. It's where they both spent their 50th birthdays.

I think we will have taco's for supper tonite unless someone comes up with a better idea.

What's your best idea for supper tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 24th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue May 24, 2022 6:10 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - I am just continuing the jeans taking in project from a couple of weeks ago. I have four pairs of jeans and a pair of wool pants that needed to be taken in. It is more the way I am built than weight loss on the pants although I do now wear a smaller size than last year. My sister is the same way.

Yes, it is really nice to be able to go to the freezer and pull out a meal. Jana does it too I think. I also have the ground turkey cooked for Fast Hash. Turkey Burgers are also in the freezer for a quick meal. Today I want to purchase some chicken breasts and get those in the freezer.

I cancelled my Disney reservations for today, but I will be going June 1st. My annual pass does not allow me to go during the summer, so I want to go one more time, before September. It is too hot and crowded in the summer so I am fine with my pass with block out dates.

Dinner tonight will be Chicken.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 24, 2022 7:55 am

Mary, it's birthday week. Bummer about your neck. Hopefully the doc can work it out for you. Hope you find just the right pattern.

Carol, I haven't been to D-land in over 20 years. I prefer Knott's Berry Farm. I like Snoopy.

Well I didn't sew yesterday. I did get groceries and worked in the yard a bit. Today I need to vacuum and maybe dust. But first I need to take the boys for a walk.

Late lunch instead of dinner tonight. Not sure what it will be.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Tue May 24, 2022 9:52 am

Good afternoon from semi warm but very over cast and just not sure what might fall on us today....We can always use rain but most times Mother Nature gets carried away with her showers....Would be nice if there was some type of spigot...

I think my day today will be one of complaining...My sister is still sort of laid up with now mostly head cold/covid but she is getting better...I need to go fridge shopping and I've been putting it off all morning...It seems, no one is interested in fixing things or maybe it's not profitable any more...I guess I'm remembering how it used to be and how our old appliances lived forever, especially those old avocado green or harvest gold ones....We had a green one that I swear was going to outlast me and finally, I gave it away...It's probably still running!
And then I'm trying not to think of Baby Girl and what the Vet might tell me....She is only 8 but it might be her time.....I am to have my 2nd eye done on Thursday but with my sister still laid up and who knows who might be next, it might be postponed...AND this weekend is our weekend at camp but that looks like it's put on hold also.....
So, what did I tell you, I'm one big complaint today........

But, I'm up and it could be a lot worse....We all know the words, "And this too shall pass"!

Not sure what might be on the menu for today but I'm sure not going to starve.....While I'm out, who knows, Ruby just might decide to divert my route....I might get that strawberry sundae after all.....

You all have a great rest of the day.......It will get better..............

Happy eating....................

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue May 24, 2022 10:57 am

Good morning!
Wow Mary you have a lot of birthdays this week!
Sorry you have a pinched nerve, those are bummers.
Dad gets chemo shots with a huge Syringe, he tells me the details and I'm pretty sure I'd faint if I were there. He goes through a lot.
Carol, I bet it's fun to go to DL like you do, I'd love it! Wow you had a cooking party at your house!
Lori, I didn't get to sew yesterday either. I'm hoping today is the day.
Irish, yum strawberry sundae! I hope everyone gets better around you and you don't get sick.
We're under a wind advisory today. I've already got the house shut up.
I'm making something with chicken for supper.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 24, 2022 11:22 am

Good afternoon!

Oh dealing with engineers is a royal pain! We are trying to come to a consensus of how the new landscaping will be in the front yard - haven't even begun the discussion on the backyard! I will just walk away and give up. Anything I would like in the design isn't in his plan. Uggh!

Dinner - chicken, baked, and corn on the cob. Maybe some arsenic for seasoning!

I am heading down to the Batt Cave to find some red thread and work on my project.

My house is very open concept and I have very tall walls to the ceiling s. So if we used standard height doors, they would look like a mouse hole, so we opted for the tall 8 ft doors, on all the closets, front door and bedrooms. So, that much double pane glass weight on my outside door makes a huge strain on the hinges, so we are going to replace the slider that is too narrow to go through comfortably, with a garden door, hinged in the middle, with a side glass pane and a transom window look on top. This will fill in the opening and that elimates any stucco repair. Just take 9ut one and put in the new unit. The current slider barely opens to a 30 inch width, and trying to carry a tray of food out to the deck is near impossible. The new door will have a 36 inch opening, just like most front doors. Hence, because of already constraints, it will need to be custom built. Not to uncommon I am finding out.

The dealer still has our car, now the projected date is June 4th, any bets that will be changed again?

Well, time to go hide and stick pins in my Michael doll!

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:53 pm

I didn't read everyone's posts yet. Just want to thank everyone for b-day wishes. No cake, I am diebetic. Friends brought a vegi tray and dip. I had to bring home a ton of veggies. When I tried to a few, I got a horrible coughing spell. I don't think the evening was planned for all that to happen. Such good friends with great intentions. I think I would have done well to stay home.
I appreciate all the well wishes. I still have today and tomorrow on the "Z- Pack". Hopefully then I will see a turn around.
I had a couple of nice naps today. Hope I can sleep better tonight.
More report tomorrow. 🤗
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”