Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 20, 2022 6:33 am

Good morning,

Nice weather is rolling our way! At last! Still cooler than usual, but so much better than it's been - a week of 65-70 degrees. Love it! I PLAN to be outside most of the afternoons, even if I'm just sitting in a camp chair, reading a book. I spent 1-1/2 hrs out yesterday and got another little area cleaned, clipped, and raked. Almost done with the yard and I hope we can soon get started on that nature trail through the woods we were discussing last fall. We expect a lot of Boondockers this summer and kids love that kind of thing. At least I did - and still do!

In sewing news, I worked some more in my Irish Chain but find I'm running short of my focus fabric. I posted a picture in PHOTOS of what I'm looking for. I'm having to piece the last ten 2-1/2" squares and even then, if I can't find more fabric, I'll have to make the quilt shorter than I wanted. Which wouldn't be the end of the world but I was hoping not to have to do that. Today, I'll do what I can in the sewing room and then I'm off outside.

JANA - a third Costco?? How far away from you is the closest one? Ours is only 3 miles. And it's off the highway in a wooded setting. Unusual. They are usually visible from freeways. There is also one in Tacoma - 15 mi. east, and one in Silverdale, north of Bremerton - 30 miles. But a much nicer drive. You have to watch those Costco carts, though. They have that big hole in the top where banned items can jump in, unnoticed!! A 3:15am package delivery?? I had no idea they delivered that late. I always thought the drivers filled their trucks and delivered until they were done. I guess your guy had a BIG truck!

TINA - my friend, Annette, sells Young Living essential oils. I've never heard that you shouldn't apply them directly to the skin, but except for just a single small drop to a small painful wound, you would dilute it with another oil, like Vit E oil, in your palm. Then apply it where ever you wanted. There are all kinds of oils meant for various things. One they have is called "Peace and Calming" and we used to use it - just a teensy bit - on Scottie to calm him down when traveling. He is not an easy rider. thank you for posting my fabric on FB.

CAROL - glad you liked the thread painting class. I've seen pictures of it in magazines. Do you think it's a new hobby you might take up?

It's going to be grilling weather here for the next week. I think we'll do Yankee dip sandwiches tonite and either salad or fries. We never use all the Au Jus sauce, so I froze the leftovers last time in an ice cube tray. So I'll take out what we need and save the rest for next time.

What's happening on your plate tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 20th

Post by auntjana » Fri May 20, 2022 7:41 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes a third Costco on my side of the valley. The new one here in Herriman is about a mile and a half, as the crow flies from me. Then there's the one by Matt's house, about 5 miles and to the south of me, in Lehi, another that is about 7 miles. All are a quick drive. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 other Costco's on the east side of the valley. With all of those, we even have a bunch of Sam's Clubs as well. All are always busy too. Utahns love to shop! I have some fabric similar to your focus piece and will check to see if it is the same. I don't think it is, but I am not in the Batt Cave at the moment. Around this house, Michael loves Dell computers. We have several of them. He is not a fan of HP after all the mergers brought the quality down. Sarah too loves Dell. We have a service center here in Utah and they have come to the house for repairs before.

Dinner - I think I am going to my Pioneer Woman cookbooks and see what new I can cook. I get bored easily with what I know to cook and I am in the mood to stretch out. The pantry is well stocked, but need some fresh herbs. Watched America's Test Kitchen the other day and saw a method to keep herbs fresh, so will try my hand at that.

We got the pictures and stuff on the walls - the strips are hanging in there - so far, nothing has fallen off. I am trying to re-arrange my mantel, thoughtfully- LOL. My two windows are still left to be hung. There is a dispute on where - that is how high. The dispute is over the engineer wanting them to be a "form follows function" look, like there is really a window to the outside at that spot, and the interior decorator putting them where they will go, just because she likes them there. We all know who will get her way! :)

It looks like Sandee's car is at the body shop. It's not in the driveway. We laugh at Sandee, she has a three car garage and both their cars are parked outside- the garages are full. So is her basement and 4 bedrooms. And it's only the two of them! No hoarding, just lots of toys! Scott collects computers and Sandee is a crafter.

Well breakfast time is fast approaching,
Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 20th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri May 20, 2022 12:03 pm

Hi everyone. I have an appointment for 2:40 to get checked out at doctor's office. 5 days is too long to let this cough drag on. I think it might be bronchitis. Nights are awful with a cough. I had an inhaler prescribed from a previous visit. It was not expired, so I started using it. But maybe the doctor will have a better thing for me to take.
For supper we have some taco fixings to do taco salad. Easy for me, no cooking really, just heat up the meat sauce. Last night we had my chicken noodle casserole. Still had a small portion from freezer. I am getting good at being an official lazy cook!
I have half of my top assembled on the "African Fabric" quilt, then the borders. So won't take much to finish.
After that, I am going to sandwich my "Sew Along" quilt from last year. I am thinking about trying a lap frame I bought in Texas that I haven't tried yet. It will mean dusting off my "not- so- good" hand quilting skills.
I finished my mother's last unfinished quilt after she passed away. That was back in the late 90's. I did one more hand quilting after that for our oldest son. Vowed I would not do that again. But something is driving me now to do this???
So... Maybe...???
Time to go potty and get ready to head out to doctor appointment.
Let you know what they say.

Update: it is bronchitis. Might not need antibiotic, but gave me a script, just in case it turns worse over weekend, because they don't see patients on weekends. Need to call back on Monday to report progress.
She gave me two inhalers. One works differently from the other. Suppose to keep up the Coriciden BP and Mucinex as well.
Hope it helps.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”