Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 16, 2022 6:02 am

Good morning,

What a rainy day we had yesterday! When the phone weather app said "100% chance of rain" every hour of the day they meant it! Today, after rainy early hours, it should dry out. Maybe even enough to get myself outside. We'll see . . . .

Scottie seems to be better. It was a rough night and following day yesterday, but he was anxious for his supper yesterday and we've found no "evidence" of "gastric distress" yet, so hopefully he's all better now. Vicki was doing some rearranging of her garbage a few days ago - picking it up and tossing it 6 feet away. Kind of clearing a path. It's been so thick her back door was completely blocked - no reasonable fire egress, so perhaps code enforcement sent a letter that she had to do something about that. Or maybe she just did it on her own. Part of Huntington's is obsessive behavior and we've seen a lot of debris flying around over there lately. This could go on all summer - or she could have moved on to some other activity by now.

All I did yesterday was 3 loads of laundry. And finally figured out the purrfect pattern to do for my sister's quilt - a Double Irish Chain. We are Irish and my sister, Teese, loves all things Irish. I plan to use my green and white Irish fabrics I've been hoarding for so long. And don't tell Teese, but I had my DNA done a few years ago and looks like we are far more Scottish than Irish! lol!

IRISH - your neighbor's yard will put on quite a show for you! Better than OUR neighbor, for sure! Though, purrhaps not quite as interesting. :lol: Where in NC is your catsitter/haircutter moving? I have family in Concord, outside Charlotte (I think). I would be wary of Sis, if I were you. Box duty doesn't sound like much fun. Is her new home in your park or is it on a bit of her property?

LORI - I'm happy to hear you got your machine to work. Sometimes I have to turn mine off and on to reset it.

BECCA - I'm glad you have yard help and are only out there working away by your own choice. It feels good to stand back at the end of the day and admire all your hard work. Sometimes, at the end of a long day of yard work, we like to take our fur-kids and a glass of wine and go stroll around the yard, looking at all we've done. We're not to that point yet this year.

CAROL - what's happening in your life these days?

Our roast dinner last night was pretty good. We may do a simple reheat tonite. Then I think I'll make veggie beef soup with the last of it.

What's the plan at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 16th

Post by Becca » Mon May 16, 2022 7:12 am

Hello everyone cloudy here today
EMT checkedCAs blood early this morning It’s still not right but at least it come up some
I got house straight & plan to go to Town I errands after lunch I am like Irish I may find some more flowers to plant A couple I transplanted didn’t have enough roots & look puny
Maryz I see my yard & woods in front & sides from my porch so I like it looking nice My Irish are in bloom & some daisies too
Sure hope Vicky stays calm if that’s possible

I will make lunch first I’m doing Banned food potatoes n onions roasted & asparagus for me Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 16, 2022 7:43 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - We went out to dinner last night. Tonight, we are going to our last speaker series lecture. This one is Malala Yousafzai. They will have extra security for her (or rather for us to go through). The e-Mail say to arrive at least 45 minutes early. I am really looking forward to hearing her.

This morning the Standing Rules committee is meeting on Zoom. Tomorrow is the Guild meeting, Wednesday is a class on Thread Painting and Thursday I have a blood draw for a doctor's appointment next week. It is a very busy week.

Tonight for dinner I think we will have Chicken.

Carol

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon May 16, 2022 11:10 am

Good early afternoon from a warm but very dreary, rainy, SW. Pa....We had a terrible storm this morning, one that sent Baby Girl running for cover under the bed and me almost following...But, now mostly just dreary, perfect for inside stuff...Baby and I did take the flannel sheets off the bed and put on the nice summery ones but I left the electric blanket on, just for another week or so...Not taking any chances with Mother Nature and my toes getting cold..Of course with Baby helping, it took twice as long......

Mary, I honestly don't know how you and Bill have the patience with what is happening next door....AND what really surprises me is how the family or the authorities aren't stepping in...Poor Scottie, hate to hear about him have a tummy ache.....My sister's new home is right next door to her property, on 1 of her son's property...Over the weekend, her son hauled in 2 tri-axels full of dirt and leveled it for her...I sure wasn't volunteering to stop over with my rake! But, slowly but surely, things are moving along....
My cat sitter/hair cutter is moving close to Top Sail...I did tell her, I was upset with her going but very happy with the reason but we're sure going to miss her...Her fella did promise to be close to the beach and have a place big enough for the card playing gals on any given weekend......This trip, she's going for 3 weeks and she's taking her 2 cats with her to get them used to the move....Of course my sister's daughter, sitter's best friend keeps telling her this is a bad idea, he divorced and she shouldn't move in with him BUT, our friend has a rare condition, was given kind of a death sentence and she figures, if she has a chance to be happy, she's taking it before her time runs out...She did say, she'd never marry because he would inherit all her medical debts which is in the millions already and it wouldn't be fair on him but he sure does take care of her when he gets the chance.....I don't begrudge her 1 minute of happiness......

Becca, you sound busier than ever...But, if you're like me, just seeing the plants grow and flower is great therapy....Even those yellow things that constantly grow in my yard every week make me smile, lol....I really do have to laugh at my neighbor....After hearing her say, no more, I watched her unload her car about an hour ago.....But, I think, we don't have that many months to enjoy, so what the heck, take advantage of it...As I've told her, can't take it with you, lol......

Jana, been waiting to see if you have some stories for us today....

Need to get back to finishing the bedroom....Have the summer curtains all washed and ironed and ready to hang....Not sure what dinner might be....Instead of another hamburger, might make just a little bit of chili to use it up...Was also thinking chicken salad....Hard to say what I'll end up with.......

You all have a good rest of the day...........

Happy eating...................

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon May 16, 2022 11:26 am

Back again.....MaryZ, I forgot to tell you, I was one of those who had a message from you and I really thought it was odd.. Asked how I was doing and I just wrote back, doing good, how about you and "you" responded by saying, you were thinking about going into the reality business because it seems to the up and coming thing.....That's when it really sunk in that this wasn't legit! :roll:

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 16, 2022 11:54 am

Good afternoon!

Well, the closest Aaron story is the fun at Sarah's last night trying to watch the eclipse. About 10 kids and parents were at Sarah's watching for the eclipse to no avail - clouds rolled in. But come around 10 pm, quiet time starts, so Sarah started to quiet down all the kid noise - giggling and hollering, so code enforcement wouldn't be called on them. But then, Sarah realized that Code enforcement was already there - Aaron! He was making noise too! Oh its nice to have a officer in the family!

Today too - when Sandee and Ethan were involved, not by choice, in a rear end accident. On the way to school this morning, Sandee was hit, not far from home. The lady admitted fault to the officer. Told the officer that Sandee was moving slower than the rest of traffic. Yes, Sandee was slower - she was stopped completely, waiting for the traffic light to turn green! Aaron was not on duty, his day off, but knows which officer responded to the scene. Sarah and Scott took them both to the Insta Care to be checked over. They are fine.. Sandee's back hatch is dented and can't be opened. Ethan's cello is back there, stuck and we don't know if it is damaged yet. Ethan is sore from the jolt. He's on my couch with Advil in him and watching cartoons. Sarah stopped and got him a favorite lunch, which he's eaten. She is at her house, office catching up on her job. Later, Ethan can take a nice long hot soak in my big tub here.

I have my uglies done and Yoohoodi is doing his chore, so I will head down and finish quilting my project.

Dinner - Ethans lunch - from Cafe Rio looked so yummy, we will call and pick up their salads for our dinner - made with sweet shredded pork, lettuce, salsa beans, rice and tomatillo ranch dressing. Oh, crunchy strips too. They serve the salad in a fresh made flour tortilla shell. They have guac, Michael does that with more tomatoes.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”