Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 15, 2022 4:24 am

Good morning,

Today is Law Enforcement Memorial Day. Please remember all the officers who have given their lives in order to serve and protect. and their families..👮‍♂️💔

Looks like it's going to be a rainy day here so guess I'll be inside allday long. Might do a load of dirties. Might not. :) Yesterday Ifiished up Buckeye Beauty and now it's across the hall in 'quilting'. This top seemed to go slowly - even though it's a simple pattern. Took me about 10 days to make 12 blocks. I got another bbit of yardwork done, too. It was a good day for it.

CAROL - Jana makes a good point about flammability of flannel. I use flannel to back most of my quilts. It's more cozy plus doesn't slip off beds,couches, laps as easily as cotton backs. Of course, ifyou live in a hot climate,maybe you wouldn't want to do that.I've also cut flannel scraps left over from backings into 10" squares and serged themtogether for backings. I have also used flannel in place of batting when I want a lighter weight quilt or for table toppers.

IRISH - It's goodtohave you back atthe table! When bill's sis moved into their new mobile home theyhad to wait for porches to be built, too, before they could move in. Your sis may have to look to someone else to do that for her. Sorry her kids are being so poo poo abbout her move. Sometimes, I don't get kids. I just went through all my clothes a few weeks ago and got out the summer things. Haven'thad much chance to wear them yet, but if summer ever does arrive here, I'll bbe ready! I've learned many new words watching "our" eagles. Nestorations, Nestovers, and this morning '"Fleap" - a flying leap over the nest. and I got to see that!

LORI- bummer abbout your Bernie. Did youjusthave it serviced or was that someone else? I've broken a lot of needles forgetting to switch plates on mine! Hope it's easy fix.

JANA-How bigis the quilt you are making for Grandpa's chair?

My space bar and N and B keys are still notworking right. Either Iget nothingfrom them or Igeta string of spacesor B's. Plus I'm typingwith a brace on each wrist for carpal tunnel. It's a struggle. Pleaseforgive mistakes. Not my fault!!

Our supper tonite isgoing tobe a roast cooked with potatoesand carrots andonions. What's about you?

Irishgram

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May15th

Post by Irishgram » Sun May 15, 2022 7:13 am

Good morning from a warm, slightly over cast SW. Pa....We had rain over night and more on the way for later today....

Mary, I might be like you today and stay inside...I should have known this was a special day, our community had a service yesterday honoring all those who had been lost, going back quite a few years....We need to honor all our police men and women, while they're alive also...I'm so proud of my grandson, I'm sure both Jim and Chris are watching over him from heaven.......
I really should get outside and finish my flower beds but can't get up the energy...I think tomorrow, my neighbor and I are going to the nursery and that might get me going...This is the neighbor who broke her ankle in Feb. and is still walking with a boot but just can't stay out of the dirt...She keeps saying, she's not going to go overboard like she did last year but I've seen her unloading her car, numerous times....But, the more she does the better my view, lol.....

I know my sister will be stopping in later...Our cat sitter, who lives here in the park, also cuts our hair and we're both badly in need of cuts....And our sitter is leaving for N.C. for 3 weeks so today has to be the day....Then I have an idea, I might be called into "box moving duty" at the new house.....This same sitter will be moving to N.C. in August and our hair cuts and cat sitting is going to get pretty expensive but she promises to make almost monthly trips back and forth...AND since she'll be by the beach, I don't think I'll mind going to her......

Mary, your dinner sounds delish! Wish I had thought earlier and gotten something out of the freezer...But, who knows, might just get a good offer...

You all have a great rest of the day........

Happy eating......................

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 15, 2022 7:49 am

Mary, I've had it less than 2 months.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 15, 2022 11:28 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy at 80

MaryzWe do have someone to mow & Aeed eat It’s just I love to be outside & busy if I can

Lori Sorry. About your machine

Irish Your Sister keeps you hopping

We had children pot pie. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 15, 2022 1:11 pm

I did some trouble shooting and got the machine to work. I guess it didn't like being in time out in the garage.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 15, 2022 3:19 pm

Lori - Sometimes turning it off resets the computer aspect of the sewing machines and they are "fixed".

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”