Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Fri, May 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Fri, May 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 13, 2022 5:47 am

Happy Friday the 13th. I hope it’s a lucky day for all of us

I am using my phone this morning because a strange field popped up on my computer and it won’t go away. I need my “tech support“ to check it out when he wakes up. These days I’m never sure if it’s on the up and up or if it’s a virus or a scam.

Yesterday was doctor appointment for carpal tunnel. I’m Back to wearing a brace and an exercise regimen. Then I finished up the last of my twelve 16” Buckeye Beauty blocks. I hope to get them together today. But if it will warm up a little bit here I would like to get out in the yard again. We are having one of the coldest, Wettest Springs on record here.

Lori, hooray for your team! Weren’t the cubbies a terrible team for a long time and then suddenly walked off with the World Series a few years ago?

Becca, my goodness but you were busy in your yard! That was a lot of work. You must’ve been exhausted. Your new painting sounds quite detailed. I hope you are enjoying the resumption of a beloved old hobby. Didn’t they say grandma Moses didn’t start painting until she was in her 70s?

Jana, Aaron never disappoints! Glad he survived yet another one of his adventures!

Velda, did you find anything at the furniture store that tempted you?

I think we are going to have pizza and salad for dinner.

What about Everyone else?

auntjana

Re: Supper Club. Fri, May 13

Post by auntjana » Fri May 13, 2022 8:29 am

Good morning!

It's 9 o'clock and nothing yet from the adventures of Aaron. The other though, he went out with the SWAT team on a training. Seems as the team needs his skills, he can drive their Bearcat, a armored personnel carrier because he has the special cdl and fly the drone, he has that license too. That's all I need, Aaron on the SWAT team! Wonder what I will look like with all white hair? LOL!

Gracie, Lila and Ethan will be here tonight for playtime at Grandma's house. There will be puppy time too. Ethan has been taking the puppies on leash for short walks. He loves that and that he gets to babysit the puppies too. The three of them will be here for dinner as well. I will do up a batch of real, from scratch sticky Mac and cheese. The kind made with Velveeta and for us, French dip sandwiches made with grilled onions and ooeey gooey Swiss cheese melted on them. The little girls will only want the Mac and cheese, but Ethan loves both. I have ice cream and fresh baked cookies, Gracie will help with for afters.

Michael has a eye doctor appointment, so I am the designated driver. While he is being seen, I'll dash over to the grocery store for a couple of things.

We finished the picture wall. There may be more added at a later time - there's room. Sarah's DH will come and hang my windows on the tall wall. Then all that is needed is for me to quilt the quilt for the chair. I made a Lori Holt sew along quilt awhile back, one with blocks of applique flowers that will be perfect. Waiting in the wings is another project m Sarah needs to do, is building a shadow box for Michael's Grandfather's pole climbing spikes. They are the same kind telephone workers used before the cherry picker came along. Michael's Grandfather was a railroad signal man for a small commuter railroad , the Sacramento Northern. Any guesses why Michael is a railroad signal engineer, for a commuter railroad? :)

I will be sewing today. And hopefully Sarah will come help load up the quilt on my LA. She is very quick at that. Sarah is home from Idaho. This trip counted as hours on her internship for graduation. Even though technically on the school paperwork, she's the intern, she was doing the training and teaching of the new girl up in the sod offices.

Time is running short,
Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri May 13, 2022 10:07 am

Hello everyone sunny here now This morning was overcast and a great morning to work outside so I did Got walk in first then weed eat the trimmed butterfly bush from the deAd blooms of last year I never got done What a mess It’s needs to be done then but I was out of commission to work outside so that’s why everything is needing to be done I got some more watering & moving plants in bed I still have some weedeating to do in front of house where the running cedar grows This place just needs a lot of maintenance
Maryz Yes Grama Moses was old when she started painting I think it will all come back I’m hoping
Yes the picture is detailed but that makes it interesting too
I enjoyed my BB I think more than any quilt I ever made except baby quilts I always love them

Jana I don’t have the answer for Michaels job unless it was in his gens
Sure the kids will all love the puppies

I had a meal I made of turkey breast In freezer I added creamed potatoes & broccoli
I hope everyone has a lovely day. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Fri May 13, 2022 10:35 am

Good afternoon from a warm but semi cloudy SW. Pa......Yep, I' m back. got back a couple days ago and haven't had a moment to myself since, lol....The trip was another of Kathy's perfect planning, just unbelievable...After Mexico, she rented a car in Arizona and we traveled another 1000 miles....I was leery about going to Mexico but it was the best, I can't wait to go back..Of course we stayed at a resort and only ventured out once to hit a few shops but it really was wonderful...Kathy had quite a few things for us to see in Arizona and we did get to the Grand Canyon...Just another "trip of a life time" to add to the list....Kathy really should be a travel agent or tour guide...She does have their summer planned with a month in Europe, 2 cruises, back to Cabo and another trip back to Hawaii...AND she did tell me, next year, she's planning a month in Ireland, which will be great!

Mary, Have been checking on the eagles and can't get over how fast they are growing...Felt so sorry for them when the rains came and they were soaked...I thought we should get together and build a roof...But, the parents do a bang up job at keeping them safe and dry, most times......I have a feeling, we'll be having pizza tonight also...This is our card playing night and that means pizza...But, have to tell you a funny story.....My sister loves, loves pizza and the last night we were away, we had one delivered...Well, this thing was big and we had half left over so she wrapped it in foil, put it in her carry on and said, she was bringing it home....Guess who got stopped going through security????? Never, ever take foil through security, that's where the smugglers put their needles...The fellow did let her bring her pizza home but don't think she'll be using foil again, lol.....

Jana, Love reading your posts and the adventures that happen in your family.....Live just might get more interesting with Aaron and the SWAT team....I have a DGS, my late Chris's son, is on the SWAT team in Pittsburgh...I had told him every time I see the police on TV, I try to find him and he said, "Gram, with all the gear etc., I wouldn't even recognize myself", so I quit looking, just wait for him to tell me what he's up too.......And I know what you mean about the white hair! How did Michael make out at the eye doctor's?

Becca, I'm hoping you show us your new creations....I've always wanted to paint but even my stick people are bad.....That really is a talent.......

Not doing much today except laundry, which seems endless.....I had a cataract removed yesterday and just feeling a little woozy today....Other than that, it was a piece of cake....
As I said, we'll probably be playing cards tonight and having pizza and a salad.......

You all have a great rest of the day......

Happy eating................

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri May 13, 2022 2:05 pm

Hi everyone. It's 4pm here. Will be cooking soon. I guess it's ham steak tonight, potato and vegi.
Nope didn't find anything furniture wise, but found a stainless steel bowl for next angel food cake. And a couple Corning Ware and Pyrex dishes. Like 2-3 dollars each. Going garage sale hopping tomorrow with my next door neighbor.
Did some sewing today. Last church mission quilt top for awhile. I have been asked to make another quilt just like the benefit quilt. The church is going to give this one the the missionary family that donated the African fabric. I am all set to start it tomorrow.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:49 pm

Hi Everyone,
It is 5:40. Dinner will be Turkey Burgers and Steak Fries.

I have been taking in jeans today. A friend told me my pants were too large, so I have adjusted the size.

Our Guild has a fabric sale tomorrow. Fabric will be $3.00 a pound that is about 4 yards of fabric. Books will be $1.00.

Just heard a beep.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 13, 2022 8:48 pm

Great accomplishment, nothing better than having to take in your jeans! Way to go!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:55 pm

Thanks! I really think I just got used to them being a "relaxed fit" and being loose. lol

Return to “Chit Chat”