Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 11, 2022 6:25 am

Good morning,

Well, yesterday went EXACTLY as planned! I ask you, how often does that happen? Walk, grocery store, Costco, yard work, sewing, friends, Home by 6:40 in my jammies, asleep in front of the TV by 8pm. :D Let's see if we can do it again today. The plan is Walk, chiropractor, grocery again for items we forgot or couldn't find, bake blackberry pie, make potato salad & pot of baked beans, sew, and then grandsons arrive about 6pm-ish for a BBQ. Jammies by 8:30. Ta-da! Always good to have a plan.

We bought a 4-slice toaster at Costco yesterday and are ditching the toaster oven/air fryer. For such a big appliance, it holds very little so we didn't use it for much besides toast. It didn't deserve the space it was taking on our countertop. So it's going away, hopefully with a grandson tonite.

BECCA - I hope you get out in the yard today. I used to try to have a veggie garden, too. But we just don't get enough sun either. Too many tall trees. I can get veggies at the store, but I can't find tall trees like this anywhere else, so I'm choosing my trees and gave up on garden.

LORI - that will be an overwhelming job. Glad you don't have to have it all done NOW and that there will be help. Hug your fur-pals for me! I bet they like kisses on their foreheads!

JANA - that was quite an egg/tooth saga! Only you can take two widely differing events and put them together to make another little story about life! lol! Hope Gracie is OK after her 'ordeal' yesterday.

VELDA - your flowers will be so pretty this summer. What all did you plant besides marigold seeds? Slugs love marigolds so I finally gave up on those. My aunt used to have lush beds of nasturtiums along her house. Those flowers are almost as happy as daisies!

Well, I think I already gave away our menu for tonite. Burgers, potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob, blackberry pie & ice cream. Alec is vegetarian so one of the things I need to pick up this morning is veggie burgers. We've always gotten them at Costco before (Black bean burgers) but they didn't have them yesterday - only plant based patties that looked VERY unappetizing. Our beans will also be vegetarian.

What's your menu looking like for tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 11th

Post by Quilter7 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:10 am

Good Morning,

My trip to Disneyland to relax and renew was a success. I did call a friend while at the park and talked to her for a while. I came away smiling and singing. At the beginning of the day and again at the end of the day I had to take care of something from the Guild.

Maryz - Your dinner sounds scrumptious. Enjoy your time with your Grandsons. We gave away a bread maker and a coffee/expresso maker. They were taking up space. I make bread with my mixer and didn't use the bread maker. We had not ever really used the coffee/expresso maker. We do have a Ninja, and we do use it, but it is too big.

Jana - You always have good stories! Hope Gracie is doing okay. Too bad the tooth just didn't fall out.

Lori - We are going to purge our Storage facility of some out-of-date notebooks this Spring. We also are disbanding our Guild library. It isn't being used by Guild members and just takes up space.

Becca - We have a small area that gets sun, but we have a lot of trees and shade too. I too will take the shade. I go to the Farmer's market.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken, potatoes and salad. The other day I said that and ended up making a Chicken Rice Casserole. DH really liked it.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 11, 2022 8:43 am

Carol, we got rid of our library because we moved our guild meetings and didn't have a place for the books. We sold some at our garage sale at the show last Saturday. The notebooks will take time. There's a lot of things you legally have to keep. We did a lot of research before we started the process.

Mary, It's a big job, but slow and steady wins the race. 1st we will remove everything we don't need, then we'll start scanning. We're doing it as a group. So when we can all meet, it will get worked on.

We are off to San Diego today to see the Cubs vs Padres baseball game. First time all the kids will be with us. It's like Christmas for me to have all family together.

Dinner will be whatever we can find when we get home.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 11, 2022 9:14 am

Good morning!

Lori - enjoy the game! I have MLB, so I can watch any game that's played, so will watch your game to see you in the stands! Petco Park is a beautiful stadium. Been there.

Carol - oh, Disneyland, a good place to relax!

Mary - the stars do line up and everything goes as planned! And today as well, having your family over for dinner! I too am getting my yard art out. Moving one set of flamingos to the backyard and getting my new set of flamingos in front with my new flowers.

Dinner - I am in the mood for a pot roast and have one in the freezer.

Talked to Aaron a minute ago and posted over in Sew in about the honor he submitted Michael for, if you are interested.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed May 11, 2022 9:48 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 82 Too hot for my walk so I will do my car then May get to my first picture to paint
Maryz The birds sit on a small ledge where the posts join We don’t feed them due to squirrels 🐿 we have lots of them Count me in on tonight BlackBerry pie & corn on the cob my favorites Yummy
Have a fun time I make my own veggie burger using beans They are tasty

Jana Congratulations to Michael Most who served never want it mentioned but I can see why your Son is proud of him Yes your story was good about delivering eggs to DDSs office

Lori Enjoy your game & family Always great to have them together

Carol Glad you had a refreshing day That always helps to renew us

I did get in yard yesterday for some work but too hot today Icwas going to do some trimming It can wait
I went for hair cut pick up meds & a few groceries Home before 11:00 Then put it all away
We have spaghetti left I’ll add myself a salad I found CA some cookies he loves
Becca
Last edited by Becca on Wed May 11, 2022 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:53 am

Maryz: what a plan!! Keep us posted, if it works. 😉
I love getting into comfy jammies after supper, if I don't need to go outside where someone might see me. LOL.
Did some sewing today. I quit early today. We are headed out with friends to a dance. Eat out again, so no cooking. Boy, I am getting spoiled! Weighed myself this morning. Actually took two pounds off. Not that I need to loose a lot, but I was up six pounds at doctor's office last month, so I am hoping to get those off and gone!!
My flowers are: petunias, creeping phlox , marigold seeds are an experiment to see if I can fill in the spaces. Plan to get a few starter plants off some of my old plants at Brian's house. No sure yet, but will try. We go to Brian's in early June.
Had a great visit with a couple neighbors yesterday. Nothing else to share.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”