Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 10, 2022 5:45 am

Good morning,

Today we should be a tiny bit warmer - 59*! Whoo Hoo! Then back to cooler temps and off/on showers for the rest of the week. But we need to go grocery shopping and to Costco this morning. Our grandsons are coming for BBQ tomorrow and we need something to feed them. AFter I get everything put away, I hope to get a couple hours in the yard before I have to come in and clean up to go to friends for 4:30 "heavy appetizers". So that will be my day - if all goes as planned. Yesterday was uglies, sewing, reading.

CAROL - enjoy the happy today at D-land! I've been there 3 times in my life - 1984, 1988, and 2010. It gets more and more crowded each time!

BECCA- I love that you paint and are thinking of taking it up again. My uncle used to paint, too, after he retired. It's nice to have a fewof his pictures around the house.

VELDA - and I love that you dance! Another art! I think flowers along your condo will be nice. How many units are in your building?

JANA - that is so silly about that mom's complaint about those vicious dogs! lol! Some people just can't stand for others to be happy. I can only think how much those puppies delighted the class. Though they were probably a huge distraction! They would be for me! lol! And yes, Utah would be MUCH better than Texas in my opinion for a place to live. Not as good as WA, mind you, but 1500 miles better! If I were betting, I would bet they chooose CO. It's a young person's state, plus both of their best friends live there - not to mention both my sisters and a few of Autumn's cousins. But for now, they are in TX.

LORI - will you have to be involved in the scanning of all those years of documents? What a job!

TINA & IRISH-I hope things are OK with you both and you will join us at the table again one day soon!

No cooking here tonite - we're off to friends, Doyle & Susie, for "heavy appetizers" at4:30. Not sure what that will be yet. It's good to be us!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 10th

Post by Becca » Tue May 10, 2022 7:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here today It’s been laundry Just got finished folding& dressed the beds And I have a big pot of spaghetti sauce simmering
CAs protime is too low still Dr changed his med again I hope it gets it straightened out It affects his head if it’s not right

Thank you for your comments on my painting I used to really enjoy it & hope to get back to it Dont know just how focused I can be with caring for CA

Maryz Thanks for posting pictures I wouldn’t have thought of sharing Those are so old
It’s nice to be you today Hope you enjoy your afternoon with friends

Lori Paperwork overwhelmes me quickly Hope you can muddle thru the mess

Jana Some people have so little in life To occupy their time they look for reasons to annoy others Too bad I’m sure the puppies were a big hit for kids

Velda Flowers make any place look nicer & more welcoming Hope your elderly neighbor is doing ok Sad family sometimes just pushes them aside after they have contributed so much in life to others

I want to get outside some today for more work in yard & garden I would love enough shade to grow veggies Ibused to have a nice garden but the trees now block out our sun too much
Hope everyone had a fantastic day I hope Tina & Irish can be back soon Hope alls well with them both. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 10, 2022 8:11 am

Mary, we have a group of us who volunteered. There is no hurry to get it done, so we'll do what we can when we can. We narrowed it down to what we have to keep legally and what we don't. So a lot of it goes in the trash. We will keep historical things though. It took a lot of work just to get to this point. No cooking is always my favorite.

Becca, we'll just do a little at a time. There's no timeline on when it needs to be done.

Tonight is my guild meeting with the speaker. Always fun to see other guild members that I don't see regularly. The boys have been fed and are waiting for me to walk them. So I need to get going.

Bill is golfing today, so late lunch, no dinner.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 10, 2022 11:11 am

Good morning!

We'll see how fast I type for it tobe still morning!

Just got home from the scavenger hunt. Found everything I need, just one thing which is a treat, that wasn't there. It's even all put away.

On the way home from Costco, we dropped off some eggs with Kate. Costco was out the other day, and egg prices have skyrocketed here. The funny part of this story was where we left the eggs with Kate. At Gracie's dentist's office. You see, Gracie has had a front tooth that was really hanging on by a thread and just wouldn't come all the way out. So Kate took Gracie over for the dentist to do the dirty work. Even the dentist struggled to get that tooth to come out. The new teeth are right there trying to drop down already. Gracie was a trooper. So we made the egg delivery at the dentist office. Sarah is adding a couple more hens to her flock, so we will have plenty of eggs for the family here. Most of the time I have fresh eggs from Sarah.

I know dinner! It's Taco Tuesday! Easy peasy!

So I am heading to play.

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue May 10, 2022 1:40 pm

Hi everyone. To answer a couple of questions: There are 12 units all together. But our particular structure has #7 and #8.( Only Nelda and us). She is better than fine. She is totally not neglected by her family. We just heard the crash or whatever loud noise. Her mirror fell, didn't even break, but the wooden frame was in pieces. Nelda was just so shook up because she came into her house from her garage. Shut the door a little harder than usual and that was when it crashed. Scared the "bejeebees" out of her. LOL. We kinda try to be helpful and check on her. She's 91 and really spry and independent. Still drives and all. So that's why we rushed over to make sure.
The flowers I planted will take awhile to look pretty. I even spread some marigold seeds in-between my plants. Should be fun to watch them sprout.
It's so hot here today. I had to take lots of breaks until I was finished.
Fixing a Beef 'n Rice dish using beef flavored Rice A Roni for supper. I am already hungry!!!
Pizza was my choice last night at Pizza Man Restaurant before going to the dance. It was yummy.
Well time to go rest a bit more after planting my flowers 🌺🌹🌼😉
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”