Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Mother's Day! May 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Mother's Day! May 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 08, 2022 6:25 am

Good morning,

Happy Mothers Day to us all!

BECCA - I know you have been having Mothers Day week! :D What a great gift you received from Marty! Now we'd love to see pictures of your pictures!

JANA - I used to do some tole painting. And I wasn't bad, either. I still have a few pieces around - a clock and a little cat. I also used to play piano, write, do ceramics, dance, and genealogy, but when I discovered quilting, I have very little time for anything else. Enjoy your day with your family today and bask in "what you have wrought"! :D

VELDA - it's Mother's Day so you can have your f--- if you wish. I had to look up 'Swai'. It's farmed in SE Asia Though some is caught wild in the Mekong River. It is frozen and shipped over here and is a close relation to North American catfish. It can grow to 4 feet long and 100 pounds. See, we learn things here on Supper Club.

Our waltz is improving. We figured out how to play our music louder, film, and how to begin and end our little video. So next practice, hopefully today if rain holds off, we're going to do it dressed in our dance outfits just in case it turns out good enough.

In sewing news, I did finally finish my string quilt and post a photo, though I think most of you found that. Took me 3 yrs but I finally got that top finished! I had to laugh when, I think it was Lois, said, "you are quick!" :lol: I also got binding and label on Penguins yesterday so that's "in the can". Now on to Buckeye Beauty. And I think I'm going to make two of those - a king for my sister for Christmas, and a lap or twin size for Alec's friend.

Bill says he wants to cook a 'camping breakfast' for me this morning - meaning cook outside on the campstove. But it's 40* out there! Brrrr!! At least it's not raining. And since it's not raining, maybe he'll build a campfire first. Have to say, I do love early morning fires and breakfast cooked outside - when camping. Bless his heart!

As for supper - I don't have a clue yet what that will be. My mind is more on Tuesday's supper - our grandsons are coming that night. I can't wait!

What's your supper going to be like tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Mother's Day! May 8th

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 08, 2022 7:58 am

Happy Mother's Day ladies. Hope you enjoy a relaxing day.

Mary, I'd never heard of artichoke soup either, but it was really good. Your string quilt is wonderful. Lots of little pieces in there.

I think the quilt show was a success. Lots of work in a short period of time, but worth it. Jonathan was a huge help in setting up and taking down.

We'll be having steaks on the grill with potatoes of some kind and a veggie or salad.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 08, 2022 9:58 am

Hello everyone
Happy Happy Mother’s Day to all Hope it’s really something special I had 2 days of it & this morning first thing was Both Granddaughters texting & FaceTime Then Denise called & Estel wrote & DGS texted
My One son is still to call or come
I hope everyone is enjoying their day

Maryz I really love your quilt You did amazing I think I know the video will be a winner & entertaining

Lori Glad your show was successful And that your son was a big help too

We have pinto beans and cornbread & chow chow for today Not usual but I thought it would be easy & Im for that
Becca
Velda So glad your son got to be with you

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:21 am

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

Maryz- Your quilt is lovely! It will be well received at the holidays. So glad to hear that Scottie is settling down when you are dancing. Good to hear the practicing is paying off. The wound is growing smaller and smaller, thanks for asking.

Jana - Enjoy the Turkey dinner at Matt's.

Lori - Glad your quilt show was a success! From what I heard you had a lot of fun too playing games.

Becca - Hope you hear from your son today since you heard from everyone else.

Vel - Enjoy the visit from your son!

I think I will do a bit of straightening and then finally start quilting again. My sewing seems to be neglected lately. DH is going to take me to dinner. Sounds like a good plan.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:36 am

Happy Mother's Day. Yes enjoyed his visit. We went to church and then lunch before he needed to head home. Three hour drive. When he gets home, he has a project to have to fix lawn mower so he can get his two acres mowed this week. At least this time of year gives him more daylight in the evening.
No sewing today. Might fix ham steaks for us tonight.
After big lunch, might not feel like eating. Might just make popcorn and watch a movie tonight. ???
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 08, 2022 11:01 am

Good morning!

Happy "our"Day! That translates to all of us, mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmother's .

Sitting at church - we are always early because things we need to take care of.

Dinner is at Matt's. Andrew called me this morning. He was making a cake for his mom today, but alas there was no cake mix. Undaunted he is getting a scratch recipe from Betty Crocker and he can do that. I have taught him to bake from scratch before. He has the cake all planned in his head and even knows to use a piping bag. He's a great kid! Dinner will be so much fun.

Oh, I am not the chorister today, yippee!

Do some fun, we have earned it!

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”