Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB -

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB -

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 07, 2022 6:36 am

Good morning,

We've got rain. Lots of rain! If I could sell it, we'd be rich! Instead, we're just sodden, though green!

Yesterday was productive. I did it. I washed windows. Insides only (except for slider). Outsides are not my job. Then I finished my string quilt top. it hardly made a dent in my supply of 'strings'. If anyone here wants any strings let me know because I think I've decided to stop saving strings! Nothing under 2" any longer. We also held "dance practice". Still rusty but "recovered" a couple of our lost fancy moves. a few more practices and we'll be ready to record. The dog chewing on our feet will detract from any mistakes.

Today is going to be more heavy rain. So it will be an indoor day. I've got most of our house chores done. I COULD do the kitchen floor and polish the countertops, I suppose. Bill says he will finish quilting Penguins this morning so I'll be putting binding & label on that, then start cutting for Buckeye Beauty.

JANA - no supper last night? I bet you found something. Fried egg sandwich, maybe? And did you say piano key border? Need any strips of fabric for that?????

BECCA - Except for my mom, I've never known of anyone else having Trigeminal Neuralgia until I "met" you. and now your new DDIL has it?? I'm so sorry. From my mom, I know how painful that is. I'm so sorry Estel couldn't make it yesterday, but hope your time with Marty was fun!

LORI - you have a busy weekend with the quilt show! We'll save you some supper! I've never heard of artichoke soup. Sorry about the peas in mine, but it was still a bit 'brothy', so I rooted around for something more to add and went with the peas the last half hour of cooking. I love peas. Fresh, frozen, even canned - I love them all!

CAROL - glad you are feeling back in the pink again! And how are your ca sites doing? All healed now? Did you get your sewing room all cleaned up? Now can I interest you in a nice supply of "strings"? Not a lot - just a tote about the size of two shoeboxes . . .

I gave Bill a short list of choices for supper and he chose Mac & Cheese. It's frozen from Costco. Usually I make it from scratch, but we tried a frozen one in Texas that we bought at HEB (THE grocery chain in TX) and it was really tasty. So we thought we'd try Costco's here and see how it compares. Well, tonite is comparison night! I'll also have a salad on the side.

What's 'cookin' in your head for tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB -

Post by Becca » Sat May 07, 2022 8:31 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy &cooler Marty just left to go visit Levi & Taylor & twins Estel didn’t make it due to TGN Maryz I have known 1 man a neighbor here He said he has to go to ER when his gets bad I just tough it out this week & last have been bad But I told Estel you do have to learn to live with pain She said I was tougher than her HA I have always been one to do what I have to do
I was shocked Marty gave me Canvas paint brushes Easel & cleaner for brushes It is to get me painting again I used to paint a lot so guess I will try my hand to see ifI still can I used to love it so relaxing
So you cheated & washed Windows I will after pollen stops
It was great having Marty all to himself even though we love Estel

I hope all you Mothers have a great Mother’s Day tomorrow I have had 2 days of it one by Denise & 1 by Marty Alex will do his tomorrow I do love them all as I know all of you do yours
We just had brunch so no lunch Just a light supper Marty &CA ate a pd of Bacon I was surprised
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 07, 2022 10:09 am

Good morning!

Been busy upstairs redd-ing up the house, as Irish says. Tomorrow we are going to Matt's for dinner. Matt had a turkey he wanted to cook, so he is and all of the family is coming too. All my kids can cook a full blown turkey dinner. Michael is sweeping the kitchen. Yoohoodi does a so so job in there, so we sweep as well.

Now I am heading downstairs to the Batt Cave. I have my project waiting for me.

Dinner - pizza - I will cheat and do a Papa Murphy's. That won't dirty my kitchen too much!

Never heard of Artichoke soup before Lori mentioned it, then saw it on a Diners Drive ins and Dives show yesterday. Looked good - topped with a parmesan crisp. Need to research a recipe.

Mary - love the string quilt! The colors are striking. Hope the rain will stop long enough for your video. Bribe Scotty with a nice bone.

Becca- so wonderful your family stops by. What kind of painting did you do? I like to paint as well, but my talent takes some patterns in my stash of Tole Painting books. I can't even draw a stick figure, but can copy with a pattern, tole pictures.

Well, all the farm tractor shows are over, time to head downstairs,

Hugs,
Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat May 07, 2022 10:34 am

Hi all! I am still floating Brian arrived about 11am. Time for lunch and I made egg salad, one of my son's favorite sandwiches.
We are busy catching up on a lot of stuff going on with the two Marines kids. They are both going to be home on leave in early June! That's wonderful. Grandpa and I will make a trip to see them.
Well, I know Maryz, you won't want to hear our menu for tonight. 😉. Yes forbidden deep fried, yummy pieces. Hash browns for side dish. All of us like "Swai". It is a very, very mild flavor. Won't buy or cook any other unless we have fresh caught Crappie.
So enough said. Hope I won't be banded from the group now???? Hope not anyway ☺️
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat May 07, 2022 3:06 pm

Jana I paint with oil I mostly do still life & birds is my favorite I did a few landscapes
It’s good therapy I love tole painting but never tried that or stencils
I’m sure your tole work is beautiful
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”