Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 06, 2022 6:15 am

Good morning,

Friday again, already! Life seems to be snowballing! the weeks and months are just flying by. We were drenched yesterday. Lotta rain. LOTTA rain. It was a nice day to have a massage - and he had the table heated. :D Then I made a chicken, rice, celery, onion, carrot, pea, tiny pasta, white bean soup. And it turned out delish! Just what Bill needed on this dreary day and after his dental work. I spent the afternoon in my sewing room playing with the tote of strips I've collected over the years. I have one top about 2/3 finished and I sorted the remaining strips. I think I have enough strips for another 3 quilts! Anyone needs some? I used TV time to sort them all into piles of different lengths. It's still wet today so I guess I'll be finishing that top and then set the strips aside and get busy on my Buckeye Beauty.

We have a family with five young kids Boondocking with us. They are from Isreal and on 6-month tour of the U.S. Such an awesome family. The kids range from about 4-12. They all speak 3 languages fluently and without accent. Mom is a nurse and Dad is retired diplomat. Sure wish the weather had been nicer so the kids could run and play. They were excited because they were having (real) macaroni and cheese for supper. They said they don't have that in Isreal. One little boy about 9 yrs old asked what breed Scottie is. I told him sheltie - from Scotland. And immediately I could see his brain click and he smiled big and said, "that's why you call him Scottie!". Most people don't put his name together with his breed. These are SMART kids!

LORI - your quilt is really stunning. I think it's the simplicity and the meaning of it that makes it so eye-catching. Congrats on washing a window. I thought about it. I really did. My problem is we have heavy furniture in front of almost every single window and I can't move the furniture. And I'm so short I can't reach over it. But one day . . . . I'll get a gang together and we'll do it. The gang, of course, will consist of me, Bill (hopefully), Scottie, and Foxtrot.

JANA - how is Crenda feeling? Good to hear Matt is working from home.

BECCA - Even natural landscaping needs upkeeping. I have streamlined the yard quite a bit, but have to pull all the briars and salmon berries that still keep trying to take over the yard. Plus, I have about 100 sword ferns that have 2 years of old brown fronds on them. That's mostly what I'm working on now. If Bill weed whacks them by February, it's easy, but he never did it and now the fiddleheads are up and each old brown frond has to be carefully snipped out. It's tedious, but I "read" my audio books while I'm working and it makes it all go more easily. I only do the ferns that are close to the house, but it's still a lot. Plus with all the small storms we keep having, twigs, cones, etc keep falling into my nice clean flowerbeds.

VELDA- you know, I often wonder who decided that things like dandelions and purple vetch were weeds. Why can't we call them flowers and save ourselves a lot of work?

CAROL - how did yesterday go? At least that's all behind you now! (Pun intended)

Our soup last night was a success. and since Bill's mouth is sore and he's already lost one of his temporaries, it's good that our soup grew and grew and now he can have it all weekend long. So we're set for supper.

How about you?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 6th

Post by Quilter7 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:01 am

Good Morning,
After a good night's sleep, I feel much better this morning. I forgot to take my bone density pill on Wednesday morning, so I took it this morning an am waiting. The test came out clear so all is good.

Today I do have a few things to do, but then it is sew and work in my sewing room. The room is very cluttered.

Maryz - Glad you enjoyed your soup. Glad to you are enjoying the Boondockers lately! Seems like you are getting to meet others without leaving home.

Becca - You really do have a wonderful family!

Tonight's dinner should be chicken, potatoes and broccoli. I haven't been cooking much. Last night we had Sloppy Joes and french fries. DH had carrot sticks. I decided my system would be better if I avoided fiber for a couple of days.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri May 06, 2022 9:31 am

Mary, that soup sounds yummy minus the peas. The little quilt was fun. I hope they get lots of entries and make some money to send it to the people who need it most.

Carol, glad everything turned out well.

Well the craziness of the quilt show begins today. We'll string the line for the quilts this afternoon and haul in some stuff. Tomorrow we get there at 0700 to have everything ready by 1000. It's a one day show since it's outside. This is our first time at this venue, so I hope it works out okay.

I think we'll have leftovers for dinner. Last night I had artichoke soup with my dinner. It was delicious.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri May 06, 2022 10:09 am

Hello everyone We had a thunder Storm this morning & now it’s stopped raining I am not going out on my regular walk Will just walk around here

Maryz I am sure your quilts will mean so much to others Yes I know all too well it requires maintenance any way you go but that’s a little less
Estel has 2 grown daughters One lives in Seattle which is aPhyscolgist & the other lives in Minnesota & is getting married in Oct

Carol Thanks for your comment on my children We are very blessed with a loving family Glad all was well with your test

Lori Sure hope you have a gorgeous day for your show We have one here every year usually this weekend but I haven’t heard anything about one

Oh what a busy morning I had First Keith FaceTime with us then I baked my cake & cooked lunchIt was an oven meal Banned food Roasted asparagus & potatoes
Turned out very good Then I iced my cake & cleaned up Kitchen & dishes Taking a break I saw the floors need a cleaning

Estel has been diagnosed with Tri Geminal Neurology I really hated to hear it Mine now has been bad for a couple weeks I told her you just have to learn to live with it It is like nothing else I have ever encountered
Marty Will come by himself & We sure will miss her I hope theDr can give her some relief If he doesI will be trying it
Must get back at the grind Every one have a great day
Tina We miss you & Irish but I guess she’s off on another trip. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri May 06, 2022 11:05 am

Good afternoon!

Well, it's lunch time and still no idea on dinner - let's just say, something is cooking in the back of my brain and we won't be hungry!

Got my house straightened up and Yoohoodi is finishing his chore. Now heading down to the Batt Cave to sew. I hope to finish the four piano key borders. We also have the program ready for Sunday.

Not much else here.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”