Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 am

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

It's my walking neighbor's wedding anniversary today and after our walk (in the rain. :cry: ) they are headed to the airport for a 5-day trip to Napa Wine Country in CA. So Scottie and I will be walking alone tomorrow and Monday. Bill is off to a 3-hr dental appt in an hour - having 2 crowns replaced. Poor Bill. And when he gets home from that I have a massage appt. I almost forgot about it! That would be terrible!

I spent all day in the yard yesterday. I would like at least one more full day out there in the one area I've been working but Mother Nature has chased me inside. Today will be cool and wet. But I'll wash our dirty work clothes and we'll be ready for the next dry day. So I'll be doing uglies today. And maybe sewing some strips together for string quilt. I don't care for this project much but I can't stand to toss out "strings" if they are over an inch wide. This will be my second one. I donate them to our local nursing home at Christmas time.

We were just ready for "dance practice" yesterday as soon as Bill dragged the trash out to the road. However, there was Vicki out in the middle of the road, waving her stick at cars as they were trying to pass her. What a mess it turned into. A mess that lasted an hour and involved two cops before it was over. Every time we hear a siren coming down our road we hold our breath to see if it stops here. We can't see the road from our house but we can hear it.

LORI - if you had fun, then your bowling day was a 'rolling' success! I bet there was lots of laughing, too, with all your friends. Your meal was much like ours last night - chicken, potatoes and onion. But we had coleslaw instead of zucchini. We were going to have pork chops but turns out we didn't have any in the freezer.

JANA - you "streaked" to the rescue! I do feel sorry sometimes for truckers who are just trying to do their job and deliver goods of all kinds, and get themselves into a pickle. Rowdy on-lookers don't help at all!

BECCA - Every week you seem to have at least 7 errands to run. I don't like to do even one. And then you come home and do everything else! Super Woman! and yes, you have some of the best kids around! I'm glad Marty and Estel are coming to visit. I know you'll enjoy that!

VELDA - I saw your event went well last night. But then we knew it would. And the baked potato bar only "topped" it off! Do you get to sew today?

CAROL - well, we know where you'll be today. The prep is over - the worst part. The test is easy! Hoping for clear results!

I am finally getting around to making chicken rice soup today. I think after 3 hours in the dentist's chair that's all Bill will want. I'll add Red Lobster biscuits as a special treat for him. He loves those. And I always think of you, JANA, when I make them.

What's everyone else having??

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 5th

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu May 05, 2022 7:03 am

Hi Maryz, boy, a massage will feel great after all that outside work!
Supper tonight might be a breakfast meal. We tried the new sausage strips. They are really tasty and cook nicely in air fryer.
Made angel food cake yesterday, so that's dessert.
Going to sew today. Rainy day stopped us from pulling weeds in church's flower beds, so a good time for each of us ( sew together, but each in our own homes) 😉
Have a great day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 am

Good morning!

Foiled again! Or should I say squirreled again, this time by Michael! He needed a run to Home Depot, so I am riding shotgun.

Dinner - since it's Cinco de Mayo, we will do tacos, with maybe rice and beans too.

Not much here. When we get back, you will find me in the Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 05, 2022 9:27 am

Hello everyone sunny here today I did get my pants to plant in flower boxes on lower porch Then took my walk at the Park Got 2 miles in Came home unloaded & made lunch Going to get them in this afternoon hopefully
Maryz Thanks for comment on my children I sure wouldn’t trade them for the World
Really a sad situation with Vicky Not like no one hasn’t tried to resolve the. Issue
You must have a lot of yard work this year I thought it was more natural
I am letting more of mine be that way what’s next to woods It’s mostly ferns & lilies
Velda So glad the service was successful Just enjoy sewing and let the weeds grow even though they bother me Ha

Jana Good you can be Johnny to the rescue Enjoy your batt cave today
I am going to have my devotional then head out to plant
We will have Breakfast food tonight fora change. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu May 05, 2022 2:15 pm

All this talk about windows made me do a couple.
I use a cleaning solution in water and a squeegee. It actually goes pretty fast. With 4 big dogs, I have lots of doggy nose prints on my sliders.

I've been getting stuff ready for our quilt show this weekend. I also posted a link for a Sunflower challenge for Ukraine in the daily sew in.

Dinner will be out with friends.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”