Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 2nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 2nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 02, 2022 4:54 am

Good morning,

What a great day yesterday was! I spent the morning making lotto blocks and the afternoon working in the yard. It was 64* here according to our deck thermometer. Our Boondockers were gone most of the day to Mt. Rainier. They've decided to stay one more night because they want to visit Seattle today and see the Space Needle and Pike Place Market where they toss the fish. They are a nice family, both teachers, with cute kids.

Today, I will try a few Buckeye Beauty blocks. And more yard work, depending on weather. The forecast calls for a mostly wet day, so perhaps more than a few Buckeye Beauties. Or I could - sigh - do some uglies, I suppose. But where's the fun in that?

CAROL - I've never heard of anyone washing their cabinet doors weekly. Mine are lucky to get cleaned annually. There's a lot of cleaning going on on this forum this spring. I may have to find a new group of friends! :lol: BTW, I had to go through my cookbooks when we got home from camping. I have 10 BC cookbooks, the big regular one, a newer version of that, low fat, healthy cooking, holiday, cake decorating, Dinner for Two, crockpot recipes,,1-2-3 Dinner, and Diabetes. I do love their books, though I guess not quite as much as you do! :D

LORI - congratulations to your SD and her new husband. Did y'all go to dinner after the ceremony or ?? I wish them a lifetime of happiness! My Autumn sent us the link to her new wedding website yesterday. It announced their elopement to Santa Barbara and invited folks to join them for their virtual 'reception', a picnic for two. They will be married May 17th.

BECCA - how nice to receive those strawberries. I'm seeing a loaf of your strawberry bread in your friends' future. :D

JANA - you are always the one everyone calls when something is needed - and you never fail them! I'm glad you were able to help with the music yesterday! Phat Gus is a star!! 💥

Tina posted on FB yesterday that Frankie's great-nephew was killed at age 14. She said the suspect was in custody, which is a good thing, but the family is simply devastated. Also, Frankie's aunt is failing. So a lot going on in their family. But on a happier note, I don't remember if she ever got back to Supper Club to share that the gender reveal party revealed her next grandbaby, due in Sept, will be another boy. So that is a bit of a bright nugget for them to hold on to.

And Irish better get home soon. We've been watching her little eaglets and they are getting nearly as big as Daddy Eagle! Starting to stand, hop, and flap their wings. And she is missing it! They should fledge in about 5 to 6 weeks. It's been such fun watching them grow - from fluff to fledge!

Last night was a nice evening so we grilled burgers and ate on the deck. We also had fries and I made an apple crisp. So tonight will be spaghetti with our leftover meatloaf added to the sauce. I will get the sauce into the crockpot so it can simmer for several hours. I know I will have plenty so I plan to freeze or can the extra. More crisp for dessert. We're eating well this week.

What about you?

QuiltGram8

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, May 2nd

Post by QuiltGram8 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:34 am

Good Morning. Finally made it here at a good hour .
I have to fix a quick supper tonight, since I have to be to church for rehearsal by 7. Well, guess I won't be that rushed. But I just want to keep it simple. Less clean up. LOL
Still didn't dig out material for Lotto and you are already done. I guess I should download the pattern, then I can open that file when I get ready to cut and sew. Not sure if I have a suitable fabric for background. Have to pullout my leftovers. Now that I actually have a chest of drawers in my sewing room, I can have one drawer dedicated to scraps and sort them by colors.
Speaking of cookbooks, I downsized when we went full time Raving. Gave my big BC (red/white check cover) to Brian along with almost all my other various books .
Now I have my Betty Crocket.com log in and have lots of recipes saved there, plus I use their search engine to look for things.
I have tons of recipes on my laptop in One Note which I can access with my phone. That is so handy.
Well, better get my last 1/2 cup of coffee and get busy.
Have a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 02, 2022 11:56 am

Good afternoon!

Just found exactly what I wanted at the antique shop. It is a dangerous shop! It has great things and I did restrain myself, but I will be back and back and back. I got two really distressed, paint peeling windows . Sarah worked in a frame shop in her past life and knows how to securely hang them on my wall.

Dinner - I think I will do up a chicken pot pie for our dinner individual ones. I have some mini pie plates that will be perfect.

Michael is currently in his railroad shop. This one is right next door to a quilt shop and down the street from the antique shop. Danger all around! I am staying out of the quilt shop, this time.

Tina - sorry to learn of your loss. So sad at that young age. Also, congrats on the new little brother for Martthew.

Mary - sounds as if you have had great guests staying at your ranch. You do get more done in a day than most do in a week! I have too many squirrels! One named Michael, the other named Sarah! So are you heading down the coast to Santa Barbara? I would have no restraint.

Vel- I only have 2 BC cookbooks. They are both the same. One is what I used to learn to cook as a little girl, the other is a replica copy that Sarah found, so the original isn't totally destroyed. My mom covered the original cookbook with orange and brown mushroom contact paper. To keep it clean.

Time to scoot, Michael is back,

Hugs,
Jana. Aka, streak

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 02, 2022 3:12 pm

Hello everyone sunny here at 87 I think it’s a record
We had a great day & time together And brother did she bring a delicious meal & meals plus another key lime pie We really enjoyed it all
Now time to sit back & take a breather
Maryz My buckeye beauty was my favorite quilt I enjoyed making it
Glad the boondockers are so nice for you
Jana People learn who to call on I’m sure you’re glad you can help
Tina Sure sorry about your family And congratulations on another sweet bundle to come yet
Velda I know your Church is thankful for you & all your help
We had BBQ ribs broccoli salad consume rice fruit salad & key lime pie & oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yum yum
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:29 pm

Good Evening,

I did get windows washed today. The East side only has one 10-foot-long window. The West side only has three, I finished two small windows and have the large one to do. I finished the South side, two sliding glass doors, one large window and a bathroom window. I finished three windows on the North side, left is a 10-foot-long window and a bathroom window.

Maryz - Thanks for the update on Tina. I am so sorry for her loss. I looked up the Buckeye Beauty. It really looks like a nice quilt.

Becca - You sound like you are relaxed and had a very good time today! Happy Mother's Day.

Vel - I use Betty Crocker dot com too! Many of the cookbooks I have are 50 years old. A few I purchased used. I should get rid of many of them, because I do not use them. It is very hard for me to get rid of books, especially cookbooks.

Jana - You did great finding the windows you wanted! Congratulations!

Dinner tonight was Chicken Rice Soup.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon May 02, 2022 9:05 pm

Mary, they had a backyard reception. It was perfect and so was the weather.

Carol, my cabinet doors get cleaned about every 2 months. They are white and show dirt. I'm okay with that. I would rather see the dirt and know I need to clean it.

Jana, sounds like a good find. I like the look of old windows. I saw someone use them as a frame for old quilt blocks once.

Busy day today. I did some cleaning with the help of DS. He's great to have around. He just jumps in and starts doing what needs to be done. I cleaned up the patio too. Vacuumed the furniture and washed the quilts outside.

Dinner was spaghetti w/meat sauce and garlic bread made by DS. Finally someone else who cooks!

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”