Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 1st

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 1st

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun May 01, 2022 7:18 am

Happy May Day!

I hope your day is full of bright sunshine and NO window washing, which seems to be the prevailing activity on the forum lately.

Yesterday went pretty much as planned - we did move our birdfeeder and a few birds found it. It's only about 10 feet from where it was, but it still takes them a while. Hopefully this will thwart the squirrels. I got one lotto block made and then I worked in the yard for a few hours. Our Boondockers arrived about 2:30 - a young family with two little ones who were thrilled that we have a dog and - gasp! - a CAT!! The little 5 yr old girl was thrilled to meet Foxy! And both of our boys politely said howdy and allowed themselves to be petted. Our guests will be here one more night.

Today - I hope to make a few more lotto blocks and destroy a few more weeds. That's all. Oh - and put a pot of spaghetti sauce on to simmer. I'm going to add last night's leftover meatloaf to it. Spaghetti sauce can disguise the taste of almost anything!

JANA - That is a funny video. I've actually seen it before. I have an engineer, too, though his degree isn't in trains or squirrel-thwarting. It's in computers. Most families have a laptop or two. We, however, have to have an entire room devoted to specialized gear, holes in our walls to run wires all over the house and even out to the shop where he has, yet, another computer! We have drawers of extra cords and wire, shelves full of 'drives and keyboards. And monitors are everywhere! lol! Did you get your curtains hung? And work on your project? And are all your pictures still holding?

CAROL - I see you're on the spring cleaning band wagon, too. Sigh. I'm fond of my dust bunnies. They are like pets that I don't have to feed or brush. I got my entire house all cleaned a few years ago, bragged to my sister there was absolutely nothing left to do. And her response was, "Did you do your linen closet?" Dang! No. But after that remark, I did! Which reminds me - it needs doing again.

BECCA - I think your son's wedding was larger than my daughter's will be. :D If they go to Santa Barbara they will have to pay people to be their witnesses, I think. Or else they will have witnesses by video proxy. If they get married in TX, I'm not sure what they will do but it will still be small and outside.

I texted Tina. They've had some rough times the past few weeks with extended relatives and she hasn't felt much like chatting. But she and her own family are all well.

So - supper. Tonite we should grill something since it's going to be so nice. I know I mentioned spaghetti sauce but that can wait until rainy tomorrow. Tonight will be - burgers and fries maybe. With fresh veggies and hummus to snack on while the burgers cook.

What will it be at your house?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, May 1st

Post by zfatcat » Sun May 01, 2022 8:36 am

Mary, thanks for checking on Tina. She posted on FB yesterday about a death in the family.

Jami, my step daughter is getting married this morning. So that will be our day. I might get in a stitch or two later this evening.

Don't know what dinner will be, if any.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun May 01, 2022 9:17 am

Good morning!

Mary - oh yes, the holes, wires and computers all live here too! Glad the feeder got moved. Sarah's favorite squirrel is Phat Gus. A walking path will be very nice for your guests. Video witnesses? You could do that for the wedding.

Lori - enjoy all the festivities today!

Well, I fibbed- I just got the phone call, I will do the music in church. Oh well, glad I can help out.

Dinner - it will be our late usual brunch here. Then maybe I can play in the Batt Cave. We did get one curtain shortened and hung. The other needs another rod, as the one we bought broke. That will be tomorrow.

Prayers for our Tina and we miss her posting. Hope she's back soon.

Time to finish up getting dressed. Need to find a suitable face in the drawer!

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun May 01, 2022 11:25 am

Hello everyone cloudy with some sun
At 75
I just got 2 gal of strawberries frozen Yhey were a gift today so I froze them They love my bread I make
I watched Keith’s Church services & local one this morning

Prayers for Tina So glad she isn’t sick or family sick

Maryz Glad the feeder situation is fixed And nice to have. Boondockers
Jana Glad the pictures are holding & sure they appreciate your services at Church
Lori Congratulations to your Step Daughter on her marriage
Window washing isn’t on my priority list
We had waffles for lunch Will be light tonight
Have a great day everyone. Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun May 01, 2022 4:46 pm

Maryz - This morning after Church and breakfast I cleaned under the range by removing the drawer, just as you suggested a couple of weeks back. Then I mopped the kitchen and dining room, polished a few things and washed a couple of kitchen cabinet doors again. (Did you know they recommend washing your cabinet doors once a week? Outside only, although I am also washing the inside of the doors this go around. I washed the outside last week.)

Sorry to hear Tina has had a death in the family I will keep her in my prayers.

Lori - Best wishes to your stepdaughter and her husband. Enjoy the festivities.

Becca - Lucky you to have the strawberries.

Jana - An oops for your broken curtain rod. You will have the curtains hemmed and hanging in no time. Hope the pictures continue to hold.

We just returned from buying lampshades. We had four lamps in need of new shades. My list called for me cleaning a couple of the old ones, but instead we replaced them. One was a pleated shade and has been replaced with a smoother one that will be much easier to clean. Yea!

I still need to wash windows and hopefully tomorrow that will at least get started.

I baked some chicken last evening we will have that for dinner tonight.

Have a great evening!
Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”