Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:51 am

Good morning,

Today is my younger sister's 70th birthday. I sent her a package a few weeks ago but other than a Michael's gift card, I can't remember what other little things I included. Such is life!

Yesterday was full to the brim. I made two quilt labels, attached one, washed two loads of sheets, remade bed in trailer, swept and mopped and got it ready to roll again first week of June. Then spent 2 hours cleaning the deck after weather and wildlife trashed it. We discussed putting the deck birdfeeder on a line on a pulley to stop the seed & poop mess and to also discourage the squirrels. The mess can just fall into the brush below. DH is on board with that plan and will do it ASAP as his chair is under the birdfeeder right now! lol!!

It's a rainy morning here. I'm wanting to do some yard work - but not today! So I will probably make some May lotto blocks and start pulling scraps for Buckeye Beauty.

BECCA - a happy day in your family. I'm sorry you couldn't attend the wedding, but glad you saw photos. How far away was the wedding? Did they have a ceremony with guests, et al, or an informal courthouse-type wedding? Do you know yet what Denise is bringing for dinner? About 12 yrs ago my son & wife brought a meatloaf dinner for Mother's Day. It was so good! I can still taste it!

JANA - Sarah will pick up the tractor in no time at all. Probably 3 minutes is all it will take. Sarah can do anything! I packed up our Easter stuff last week. Yesterday I pulled out my 2 "Americana" quilts. Memorial Day and July 4th will be here soon! But I do still have a few spring quilts out, too. I'm not much of a decorator except for Christmas.

LORI - we all say we're going to do/not do a lot of things in quilting, but we all also know, a shiny object can slow our roll and veer our path at any moment! lol! I don't envy you, though, having that many quilts to do on your regular machine. But I knew a woman once who had 52 tops and had no intention of ever quilting them. She just kept making tops. Last I heard she was starting a Dear Jane. And another spring wedding in our group! That makes 4 - all informal - all within about 3 weeks. Did you find a blouse to wear?

I plan to cook a meatloaf I made and froze a couple weeks ago. Baked potatoes and roasted veggies with a salad. Crossing fingers. For some reason I've lost my meatloaf touch. I used to make it years ago and it was OK. But no matter what recipe I follow, or don't follow, it's never very good anymore. This time I tried the milk-soaked bread thing y'all mentioned a few weeks ago, so we'll see . . . . .

What are YOU trying to make for supper?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, April 30th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:06 am

Has anyone heard from Tina? I haven't seen her post in a couple weeks.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 am

Good morning!

Good question Lori, I have been wondering too.

Mary - oh have I got a YouTube video for you. It involves squirrels and a engineer! Sarah showed it to us last night. If you search for Phat Gus, Fort Knuts, you can find it. This engineer does exactly what you are describing for your deck. Only the engineer does what engineers do, beyond normal! It is a hoot! Sarah collects and loves squirrels.

Today I will finally get the drapes up in my sewing area of the Batt Cave. I get a bunch of glare that hurts my eyes. It has taken awhile to find the tension rods to hold them, but we found a pair yesterday. We finally got started on hanging the family pictures on the stair wall. So far, the command picture strips are holding- tee hee- hope that continues. I will sew too! Some on my paper pieced project, down to the last side of that one and then piecing a back together for a quilt top I have in the queue. I want to get that queue empty!

Dinner - taco salad. Ethan was here eating dinner last night, so I made nachos and have leftovers.

Time to get busy,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:01 am

The last couple days I have spent doing Spring cleaning. The house is much cleaner. It is also a bit brighter in spot. DH changed lightbulbs to LED's and standardized within light fixtures. We had three different lights in one fixture, and it wasn't the only one that was different! Both DH's work room and my sewing room are much brighter. We are really happy with the lights. I still need to do more cleaning and the outside of the windows, but there is always work to do. My sewing room is always the last place that gets clean. :( I will be working on it over the next couple of days.

Tonight's dinner will be chicken. I need to go to grocery store and meat market right now. Planning on salad, potatoes and broccoli to go with it.

Lori - I have been wondering about Tina as well.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:13 am

Hello everyone partly sunny with overcast
I just got back from my walk in Park Had to run into town for med so stopped off I got laundry done this morning baked cookies & did kitchen & dining room floors
So much for my slow paced day Maybe tomorrow

Maryz The wedding was 2 hrs away It was very informal with only witnesses & One who married them Denise is bringing BBQ ribs or chicken or both & sides

I too have missed Tina Sure hope she is ok & her Dad too
Jana Glad Sarah is a woman of many talents
Lori I know you will get all your quilts completed
Carol So it’s all Sparling at your house Enjoy it
We had meatloaf leftovers & green beans & fresh cookies oatmeal with chocolate chips. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”