Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:56 am

Good morning,

We had a good trip, great weather (for April at the coast), and really relaxed. In four days I read two books, cross-stitched a quilt label, walked a LOT, napped (which I never do!), enjoyed a campfire every night, and slept great! I think I needed that break.

While we were gone the squirrels made hay with the pots of impatients I just planted and put out on the deck. Some plants are simply gone, some are broken off and wilted, and dirt is flung everywhere! And there's a deep hole in the dirt in the biggest pot. What were they looking for?? What a mess! So I need to deal with all that today and station Scottie out there on guard. I might also work in the yard for a few hours. And I'm going to make a label for my Wooded Whimsy and then I'll have one Christmas gift in the can. We don't give many gifts, but this will be one of them. I will try to get a picture up today.

VELDA - you are really going to town with those school bags. Nice that your DH is helping. My next quilt will also have a lot of blue in it. I've seen (and made) many quilts where the back is pieced with strips. It's like two quilts in one.

BECCA - your days are always filled to the brim - even when you are taking it easy! And now Denise is coming to visit again. Just for Monday or will she stay over? Will Mark come, too?

LORI - that Amelia top went quickly! What's next? I much prefer my computer for posting. I keep two tabs open and go back and forth - read, type, read, type. I can't do that on my phone. I dictate on my phone and then have to go back and make a host of corrections! lol!

We have half of our frozen lasagna left over from last night. So dinner will be a repeat of last night.

What's in your mind for supper tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, April 29th

Post by zfatcat » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 am

Mary, any day at the beach is a good day. I wasn't going to make any more quilt tops until I quilted some of the ones I have. So now I have one more to quilt. Which I do on my domestic machine. Just quilting tops is my goal.

I want to find a blouse for a wedding on Sunday. DSD is getting married at an informal ceremony. Then some sewing this afternoon.

Dinner will be grilled chicken, broccoli, and potatoes.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:46 am

Good morning!

I have my Yoohoodi out and running and finished the couple of uglies I needed to do. One last is packing away my Easter decorations. I usually keep them out for the month and it's that time. I have a few springy things that stay out awhile longer.

Dinner - I think polenta and sauce will grace the table tonight.

It's beautiful outside and warming up. Sarah is coming down later this afternoon. She wants to learn to drive the tractor. Ethan will be here too.

Mary - I will mention to Matt about searching around to find his new car. He is good with lots of research. I feel bad you lost so many flowers. The deer here eat ours.

Well, time to scoot, a trip to the hardware store is needed,

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:42 am

Hello everyone partly cloudy I got my walk in after a busy morning I did my bathrooms
Dusted & floors Keith FaceTime then Denise called to confirm the visits & meal Dr called on my Blood work Alls well
Then I made meat loaf cooked green beans
& sautéed zucchini for me
Then more weed eating It’s all done now like I like Got my devotional done
Now break

Today my Youngest son got married Would have loved to have been there They sent us pictures & Estel said I can make a Carmel cake for the Wedding cake I told her when she comes it will be waiting
She loves my Carmel cake

Mary So Glad you had a relaxing trip & home safe Sure sorry about your plants Squirrels are a pest here too constantly digging
Yes Mark is coming I didn’t ask if she’s spending the night She’s bringing the meal for Mother’s Day

Lori You get those quilts done fast
Jana Hope alls see at your house
Have a great day everyone Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”