Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club Thursday, April 28

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club Thursday, April 28

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:26 am

Good morning

We are headed home this morning. It’s been a nice trip but I’m ready to go home. Yesterday we took a three hour ride only about 40 miles down the coast. Explored some areas we’ve not been before, stopped at a thrift shop, drove all over heck and gone looking for a quilt shop that I now suspect closed down many years ago, got diesel 😱, and we were back to camp in time for lunch. We had sandwiches, relaxed for a while, took a long walk, sat by The campfire to read, then cooked and ate supper, and didn’t come inside until almost 8 PM. We were in bed by 9.

We will be home by late morning. It won’t take us long to empty and clean the trailer. Then I will put my label on autumn’s wedding quilt and we will pop that into the mail. There will be a few home chores to do - water plants, feed birds, go get the mail, make supper.

Supper will be easy – We’re going to have a frozen lasagna from Costco. And I will toss a green salad.

It will be good to be home with my computer. Posting on this little phone screen works but isn’t optimal. And we are anxious to check in on Irish’s eagles. They often seem to grow overnight and now we’ve been gone four nights!

What’s for supper at your house?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper club Thursday, April 28

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:06 am

Good Morning! What an interesting adventure you had!!
Bet it will feel good to get back to regular routine. Good to get away, but home feels good too!
Supper tonight is frozen chicken strips pre-breaded. Last time I did them in the air fryer and didn't do something right. Going to read package and decide from there.
Boiling potatoes for making fried potatoes and add salad and vegi.
Dance was fun. Eating out was OK, but getting the buffet is way to much food and costs way more than what I eat for my appetite, so I order from menu. Got a Reuben sandwich. It was so big, I have half for lunch today.
Today, I have hubby helping and we are going to string the ropes onto the school bags to finish those. Then tomorrow I will begin another quilt top. I have some pieces of various blues and should make up a beautiful top.
Enjoy your day!
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:59 am

Hello everyone sunny here at 78 Wow I had a whirlwind of a morning First regular Dr for checkup then shots Oh I forgot first it was DG bank & pick up eggs Then Dr
Then other Dr for shots Stopped at Beth’s Bakery for CA goodies
Made lunch then did some weed eating Yard man came yesterday but he doesn’t do all I want so I finish
We will have probably banned food & grills potatoes
Becca
Maryz Your rambling sounds just like my Dad used to do when I was a girl growing up Glad you are Home
Velda A buffet is way too much for us We order but we never can go out anymore
Have a great day everyone Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:00 pm

Becca, take the afternoon off and rest.

Mary, I don't like posting on a small screen either. I read on my Kindle in the morning, them get on the computer to post. I much prefer a keyboard to type on. Welcome home.

Vel, hope the bag stringing goes quickly. What pattern will you use for the blues?

I'm going to finish up the Amelia top today. Then I might dye some fabric for some backings.

Dinner will be whatever you can find.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:19 pm

Lori: One of the gals made a neat and colorful top with WOF strips approx. 9-10" width. She sewed these together to reach 84" or near. Then added corresponding border to make completed at 64 x 84". This inspired me to do stripes so .....
I am making this one with 13.25 width strips. ( 13.25 x 5, then subtract seam allowance is how I decided the size).
I have two of each of 5 color. This one will be reds and blues. Sewing the 2 (13.25 ") widths to make 84" lengths of each color. For vertical stripes.
Then I will sew the 5 rows to complete my 64" width.
Does that all make sense? Or does it sound like a crazy mess? LOL
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:31 pm

Vel, yes. I done that for backing before. That will be pretty in blues.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”