Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - Tuesday, April 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - Tuesday, April 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:20 am

Good morning

Yesterday was a pretty nice day. We were able to grill chicken outside and have a really nice campfire after a long walk on the beach. Today looks to be rainy. We are going to meet Bill‘s sister at Westport winery. We are club members of that winery though we will drop our membership after today. They have extensive grounds – beautiful gardens to walk through the trails and delicious restaurant.

Yesterday we drove into Westport about 5 miles. And we found a new quilt shop! It was Monday so it was closed. We will go back today. There used to be one here Years ago but it closed down.

Jana, I hope that solves the problem with the quilt. I thought the binding was also a problem.

Carol, what a fun evening you had with Jay Leno. Many, many years ago Mike and I got tickets for my parents and us to see Bob Hope. That was quite a treat, too.

Becca, glad you are feeling better

Lori, I checked out your new quilt. It will be pretty. For you?

We will be having a late lunch at The winery restaurant with Bill’s sister, Becky, who doesn’t live too far from here so that may be “lupper” with no extra cooking needed come evening. But if so, we have a small stack of leftovers and will be able to cobble together something.

How about all of you?

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club - Tuesday, April 26

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:42 am

Happy Tuesday. We loved dancing last night. There was a nice crowd and 50/50 drawing was $108.00. of course, we didn't have the lucky number 😒 We were all happy for the lady who did win. She was so surprised!
I had the Monday night special at Pizza Man (spaghetti 🍝), yummy! That will be my lunch tomorrow, as DH and I have a lunch date and then walking the trails at our beautiful park.
Supper tonight will be something from my freezer - maybe chops.
Mary, a trip to winery sounds lovely. A little tasting??? Yes, wine 🍷🍷🍷 not?
Enjoy the visit to quilt shop. Nice to just fondle and dream and find new ideas, and a few things you just can't live without.
I am sewing school bags again. Also today is quilting at church. Not sure if I will need to hem some. It depends if we do only pinning hems, or if they have lots of others things to sort.
The group is trying to get project room sorted and organized better by colors. Makes it easier to put pieces together for quilt tops.
Hope everyone has a delicious 😋 and fun day 🤩, full of smiles.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:36 am

Good Morning,

This will be quick. I am going to Disneyland today. I really need a day off! DH is staying home, it isn't his "thing". I know I will have a great time. I am not sure I will be home for dinner, if I am it will be Pasta and sauce.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:33 am

Carol, have fun at Dland.

Mary, not for me. A charity quilt. Glad you were able to spend some time outside.

Today is wide open. I think I may go to Talbots and get some t-shirts. I've been throwing them away as i get little holes where my shirt hits my belt buckle. Now I need to replenish.

Having a late lunch when Bill gets back from golf. I think our local Mexican restaurant is where we will go.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:14 pm

Hello everyone It started sunny but rain came in later Now cleared
I had a treatment today So it makes for a long day Then after got back ran to grocery & library
Maryz Glad your QS will be open today
And enjoy bill’s sister
Carol have fun at DLand Not my bag but all are different
Lori Have fun at Restaurant
I came home unloaded & did a hand wash Going to take a break We will have a light something Nabs or yogurt or both
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:46 pm

Good afternoon!

Been busy - washed inside, out and screens, three windows. 14 to go. A few a day and they will be done. The outsides of most will have to wait until the outside water is turned on from the winterizing.

Dinner - leftover tortilla soup. Just enough for the two of us.

Now I am heading down to the Batt Cave and take care of the quilt.

Better get going, laundry is singing it's done tune,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”