Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Air Fryer Recipes

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
QuiltGram8

Air Fryer Recipes

Post by QuiltGram8 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:09 pm

I decided to post a couple of my recipes for Air Fryer. This is very new to me and am enjoying learning a new way of cooking.
I have tried several recipes others have shared through Facebook. I am hoping there are a few quilter's here that would enjoy sharing a recipe or two.
Mini Apple Pies
Ingredients: Crescent Rolls
Apple Pie filling
Powdered Sugar

A spoonful of filling on each crescent. Roll up.
Place on roasting pan on middle rack.
Bake setting: ( I used the air frying pan)
Preheat to 350Β°. Bake 7 - 10 min or until golden.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with scoop of ice cream.

I found a small package of crescent rolls.
4 each. Perfect size for just two people.

Hope someone has a good recipe for cooking Salmon to share.
I will share more of my recipes as I try more things.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Re: Air Fryer Recipes

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:12 pm

Vel - check the end of my post in Supper Club today. I posted a really yummy salmon recipe. Quick too.

Jana

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:20 am

Will do....
I read that yesterday, but since we can't speak freely, I thought you were talking about "orange", meaning orange roughy. LOL.
Now that I think of it, my Salmon was in a pinky/ orange package. Skinless fillets.
I will look for Mc Cormick seasoning.
I have Dijon on hand. Is " Panko bread crumbs" a brand name or a type of seasoned bread crumbs.
I think the reason we weren't very happy with our first try at Air Fryer Salmon was the seasoning wasn't good.
Salmon is mild, but it needs a seasoning and I would like a little crust like you mentioned.
Thanks

I have a few other recipes to share that were successful
Last edited by QuiltGram8 on Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

billizzy

Post by billizzy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:29 am

Since dh had severe burns and almost set house on fire we only use air fryer no more oil

I cook all my potatoes in it you can slice dice or French fry them I spray them with one spray cooking spray in bowl then add my seasonings then lay on racks yummy I cook in mine at 375 for 18 min for perfect turn out πŸ˜‰
🐐izzy

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:36 am

Thanks, Izzy. I will jot down info in my notebook.
I love my new unit. It's a Air Fry/ Toaster Oven. I am cooking more healthy foods.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:45 am

Panko is a Japanese type bread crumbs. They are larger in size and give good texture to many breaded dishes. What I use are plain, you season them if you want. I also use a seasoning blend of lemon pepper when I grill salmon on my bbq. Salmon is a staple in this house.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:11 am

Yes, I am hoping to make it a regular for us. Just need that recipe that we both will love.πŸ€—πŸ’•
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:46 pm

Here's a simple one:
Air Fry Hot dogs with bun

Air Fry 2 buns first 1 min at 400Β°

Then Air Fry dogs ( put slits in each)
Two Hot dogs - 4 min at 400Β°

My unit does preheat cycle, then timer starts to count down as soon as temperature is reached.

I put things in basket right at the beginning, so they are in the oven during the preheat cycle.

Hot dogs are really delicious done this way.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:54 am

I think this is a wonderful idea. I do not own an Air Fryer - and am really trying to get RID of things, not get more new things, but if it will help making good meals I am for it! What brands do you all recommend? I think my daughter, who is really a gourmet cook, has one and loves it. But she is far away and very busy, so my QIAD forum friends may be a better help.

I will continue to watch this thread for new ideas.

Ann/gmaann

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:50 am

Hi Ann,
My unit is Emeril Lagasse Power Air Fryer 360 Plus.
But, I wasn't planning to brag up one model or another. My idea was to share ideas, tips, recipes.
Maybe not many are using air fryers. There are small ones, and larger ones. I chose the toaster oven version because it had so many choices of cooking methods.
HUGS, πŸ’• Vel

Return to β€œChit Chat”