Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club - saturday, Nov 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club - saturday, Nov 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:45 am

Good morning,

We are moving on today about 200 miles to Picacho Peak St Pk west of Tucson where we’ll spend 2 nights. It’s such a beautiful stop where we sleep among huge saguaro cactus.

Yest we went to an estate sale since thrift store was closed. Lots of quilty things. Doll house bedspreads made from tiny yo-yo’s 1/2” in diameter. (I didnt buy any). I did get a regular yo-yo maker, still in the package, that makes yo-yos in the shape of a flower. For one dollar.

Sounds like all of you are getting in to the Christmas spirit and getting those decorations out. I bet everything looks so pretty. I will get to see Tina‘s in a couple of days!

Lori, that was really nice to give your daughter-in-law the table topper. She has a treasure now for sure

Becca, 14 people May only be a small portion of your family but it’s still a lot of feet under your table! Happy times at your house

Jana, I would love to see your red and white tree. But I can picture it in my minds eye

I think supper tonight will be all the Thanksgiving leftovers made into soup. If there’s not enough for four, I can add a can of chicken.

Are you still eating leftovers at your house?

Quilter7

Re: Supper Club - saturday, Nov 27

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:37 am

Good morning,
Mary’s - Your drive today sounds very doable. You will be settled in by 2:00 PM. That is nice.

It is clear and beautiful here although we all wish it would rain.

Dinner tonight, as you guessed, is leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. I will add a salad and vegetable. It is the last meal from leftovers though.

This afternoon is a Zoom Sew-in for me. Hope you all have time to sew.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 am

Hello everyone sunny here in40 s
We too have leftovers I took the
turkey & made turkey salad Still have sweet potatoes soufflé creamed potatoes & broccoli Will finish it today
Maryz Safe travels & have fun with the 2 Tina’s
Carol Have fun with sew-in
I got my laundry done & stairs done
I hope to read this afternoon a bit
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 am

Good afternoon!

We are playing laundromat for Scott and Sandee right now. Their washer went kaput today. Their dryer works, so they are washing here and drying it at home.

Working on Christmas decorating. Moving furniture so things have a place to go. Dickens is still in progress. In a few minutes, I am heading downstairs to sew.

Dinner - there's enough turkey for a sandwich, so that will be our dinner.

Not much else going on here. Just back to our normal boring, wonderful life! This is the third day of Michael with no supplemental O2 during wake hours. He is still using a small amount during sleep. That will be next to see how the number holds asleep. It's nice not hearing the concentrator run! It has been running constantly for a month and now I can turn it off for a few hours. Yippee!

Mary - is Tina and her DH running with you to Austin, or leaving you sooner? I know you will be to our Tina's in a couple of days.

Carol - are you adjusted to having DH home now, since retirement? A Zoom sewing time sounds fun!

Becca - still fun at you house, with all the comings and goings .

See ya later,
Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Jana - I love having my DH home all the time, however we are still adjusting. Zoom sewing time is fun. I am in my own sewing space and so is everyone else in theirs. One lady who has been joining in has done the binding on five or six quilts. I am hosting and don't get as much done as I would like, but still get things completed and it makes me happy to see other members of the Guild and really get to know them.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:25 pm

I know I am late. Better late than never... I hope?
I finished my simple decorations today. Did some bill pays on computer and watched a Christmas movie.
I froze part of our turkey. Ate the last of turkey in fridge, so tonight we are going out for Mc Rib at Mc D's.
Had a wonderful long phone visit with our eldest son today. That was fun.
I thought I would do more tying on church quilts, but never got to it.
Took my sewing machine in for a check up yesterday. Nothing major going on, but was hearing a strange noise when I would press reverse, so wanted to get that checked out. Going to be without her now until after Christmas. Told me about 3 weeks, so maybe I can be lucky and get her back for Christmas. Hope so.
Have a great evening.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”