Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Friday, November 26

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Friday, November 26

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:19 am

Good late morning!

We had a great Thanksgiving here in the desert. We ate about 2 PM. Then my sister put her self down for a nap, the guys sat outside and chatted, and I cleaned up. I think every pan and dish I carry in this trailer was dirty. If that’s the mark of a great Thanksgiving dinner, we got high marks indeed! Then I sat and wrote out some Christmas cards. When my sister woke up we played dominoes until our early bedtime. At 4 AM Scottie started barking. Bill had put the garbage with turkey bones and scraps into the bed of the truck and I’m sure the smell brought the coyotes. They were outside barking back at Scotty and howling. I finally got up and threw all the outdoor lights on at once and that scared them off. As a result, I ended up over sleeping!

Sounds like y’all had a great day.

Jana, hope Sandi is better. Did you and Michael go over to Sarah‘s? How did he do his first time out of the house?

Tina, I know you had a houseful all day long and a few overnighters. Just how you like it!!

Carole, a walk with an ocean view after a holiday dinner sounds idyllic!

Lori, yes, your State is very proud of their fuel. Because of the Highwinds we had to stop in needles just to make sure we had enough fuel for the last hundred miles. We put in 5 gallons and it cost us $30. We used to think our prices were high but maybe not anymore

Becca, Hope CA is holding up well with all the company. Nice they are spreading themselves out so it’s not so overwhelming. But what joy they bring!

I heard from Chickie and She was able to spend the day with family and stay upright, hardly any vertigo. They went to one of the sons homes for dinner

Today my sister wants to go into town for a few groceries. Town being a relative term. It’s 2 miles away, we can see it from our campsite on the BLM desert. There are two very small grocery stores, both fairly dusty. There are some thrift shops in town I would like to check out, Bill needs fuel for the truck, and there might be a few flea market booths open. We will leave early tomorrow morning, heading east on interstate 10 towards Tucson. We will be staying at Picacho Peak State Park – beautiful park and we camp in the forest of saguaro cactus

As with most of you, our supper will be leftovers. I think we will fix plates, start the generator, and microwave them. Camping sure ain’t what it used to be! And many times I’m very thankful for that! Lol!

zfatcat

Re: Supper club, Friday, November 26

Post by zfatcat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:19 am

Mary, I bet you could hit every store and be home in an hour. lol I would love to sleep in, but Jack, Wrigley, and Molly won't have it. lol

We had a nice time at DS and DDIL's yesterday. The chicken was amazing. I gave DDIL the Bounty wool table topper. She always does Thanksgiving, so I thought she was the prefect recipient. She loved it.

Today I need to do some cleaning and then I have a few tops layered and ready to quilt. I need to make a list, because I keep coming up with things I want to do in my head. More projects.

Dinner will be chili.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here
We just had our DS & his family to come visit There was 14 in all We had leftovers for snack time & lunch if anyone wanted anything
It was so good to see Bethany’s family & Keith’s because they done come very often The kids all had fun with cousins
They even got out some of my decorations & put up the tall items Keith I’d perfect for that And they took a hike to top of Mtn
It was a great time for all I’ve cleaned the house & got it in order Have a great day
Maryz That sounds like a good place to go Small & not crowded
Lori I’m sure your DDIL loved the center piece It was beautiful
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:13 am

Good morning, oops, just saw the clock, afternoon!

Been working on Christmas in the front room. Michael is starting the Dickens Village. But first, like a engineer, he is drawing out the schematic, plan for the wiring placement, to make doing the actual assembly easier. He draws out everything! On the computer is drawn my whole house, room by room, with every piece of furniture we own. So when I want to rearrange, he does it first on the computer , so he doesn't have to move it twice. Even the Christmas tree placement is there and he measures that too. See I told you engineers are different! But loveable!

Dinner - Sarah brought down some leftovers. Even with two turkeys, there wasn't much left. I still have a bird in the freezer that is coming out today to the refrigerator to thaw for a week or so. Then we can eat that and make the family favorite, noodles. Sarah already has her stock cooking that she is canning and making her noodles.

Well, the PT is finished with Michael, so I better scoot,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”