Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club Wed, Nov 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club Wed, Nov 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:57 am

Good morning!

Today is my sister’s birthday. The same sister we are meeting this afternoon in Arizona. Will be fun to be able to spend her birthday with her. Once we meet up we will slow our roll and travel together for about a week. We will drop off in Austin Texas while they continue on to Florida to spend all the holidays with friends there Who have RV hook ups on their property

It was a rough trip yesterday but we finally made it to Bakersfield and had a nice relaxing evening, enjoyed sitting outside in the sunshine, visiting with other campers as they strolled by.

Today we will cross the Mojave, turn south at Needles (where Snoopy’s brother lives), and hopefully be in Quartzsite about 2:30. our supper plan is to go into town for pizza and beer to celebrate Tina‘s birthday. She doesn’t really care for beer but the rest of us do!! 😜

Jana, I predict before the end of the holiday weekend Michael will be able to kick that nose hose to the curb! That was a fast trip Scott and Sandy made. But keep us in mind for any time any of your RV-toting family comes our way and wants a place to park. Our boondocker site only shows One parking spot but we actually can accommodate several RVs for friends. We have power and water and Internet. Bill says when it’s time to dump the tanks, it’s time to go.

Tina, I know you’re busy cleaning house today but hope you have time to take a break and drop in. How many folks will you be having tomorrow? Your dad will be there, won’t he? Both kids and families? But not your brothers? We are still on track to be in Deming November 29.

Becca, for someone trying to have a low-key Thanksgiving you are certainly doing it up brown! Would love to be part of your family!

Well you heard we are having pizza for supper tonight. Tomorrow will be a fun feast in the desert. Turkey breast in the Dutch oven, instant
Mashed potatoes unless my sister has real ones and wants to fix them. Green beans, Rhodes frozen rolls, and pumpkin pie if my RV oven will bake them. We also have olives, cranberry sauce, and pickles.

Happy Thanksgiving eve!

Becca

Re: Supper Club Wed, Nov 24

Post by Becca » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am

Hello everyone sunny here but nippy
I have everything ready to put in oven & on stove They are supposed to be here about 300 We Will have our big meal about 6
Maryz Im so sorry you day was so stressful I don’t know how people afford CA Guess they get used to it Our gas is 339! Last I bought we have 50 in our family children Grandchildren and Great grandchildren so it’s a full house We can’t do it anymore too many unless we go somewhere or someone’s house
But renting here is out of sight & hard to find
Our Tina is here shining everything for us
Have a great day to all. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:49 am

Mary, it's been a really foggy fall this year. The temps have gone up and down so much this fall it's crazy. Hope you drive today is much smoother. Happy birthday to your sis.

Becca, Our gas prices have always been the highest in the nation. It absolutely ridiculous. Housing is also crazy. I think because we have such mild weather, everyone want to be here. It's supposed to be in the upper 70's today and tomorrow.

Tina, I read your oven story. I think when your kids can buy things for you, it wonderful. I have a hard time letting my son pay for things, but I know he can and it makes him feel good to help out sometime. Hope you are cooking up a big delicious dinner for the family.

I got the top of my wool project done. I'm going to cut out a back and put it together this morning. Then I need to finish up the Christmas top I started a few weeks ago. I'll need to get some backing for it. QIAD has a really cut Christmas kit on sale today. I debating if I really really want it or not.

For dinner will be Chili.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:57 am

Good morning!

Been busy here, straightening and doing just one load of towels. Then I am heading down to my happy place, the Batt Cave.

Michael is trying again today, not using the extra O2 to see how he does. The O2 number is holding high, around 96 or 95. Such a good thing!

Well, our Aaron escapades will be few and far in between. Aaron applied for a job, very similar to what he does now, right here in Herriman. They came back with a excellent offer and he gave them a conditional answer of yes. He will have some police powers, but not all. More than what he does now have.. The Sargeant was over joyed to have someone with Aaron's experience apply and then be able to hire him. Aaron says it's bittersweet to leave what he does now, but the new job will allow him home with his family more. Me, I'm happy he is no longer out on the freeway with all the crazies! Just the hometown crazies now! LOL! The city is getting a very good new officer!

Dinner - maybe I will go get a pizza for dinner. Sounds good to me!

The CR quilt is about half assembled and I will finish it in a few minutes . Sarah will go and find a back at the LQS on Friday for me. We didn't get the fabric when we found the top fabrics. I have enough for the binding, so Sarah saw a cute piece that had Santa Gnomes, so that may be the back. We will see....

Mary - it will be fun celebrating your sister's BD and then ease up on the driving. Root Beer is great with pizza! LOL!

Becca - 9 is still a lot! But it's good to have family, a little at a time.

Lori - how do you attach the wool top on the back? Just binding?

Well, time to change the load of towels, and go downstairs.

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:20 am

Jana, I use a button hole stitch around the edge. I have done binding before as well.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 pm

I finished up the wool project and posted a picture.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 pm

I have been in the kitchen most of the day. I still need to make a pumpkin pie, so more later. I love cranberries!! I made Cranberry Sauce and Cranberry Relish, Pumpkin Ice Cream, Dinner Rolls (We will save half for Christmas) and Fudge. If you ask why I decided to make fudge today I would tell you the weather was perfect. My DH and I love Pumpkin Ice Cream and we haven't been able to find it at the store, so it was time to make it. I make the Cranberry Relish with an orange and I do not think the orange was very good so that may turn into bread. I want to make peanut brittle, however I don't have enough light corn syrup and did not want to go to the store earlier. I may try now because it should be a little less crowded.

Dinner tonight will be grilled Chicken.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Return to “Chit Chat”