Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper club, Tuesday, Novembe

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper club, Tuesday, Novembe

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:11 am

Supper club, Tuesday, November 23

Good morning! Good day traveling yesterday though the fog did follow us until we got down out of the Siskiyous. And looking out the window I think it’s foggy again this morning . Today’s travel will be through a lot of agricultural area with Fruit and nut Orchards. Another 350 miles. Long day for these old folks but want to meet up with my sister who arrives at our meeting place today. We won’t get there until tomorrow.

Jana, your family has much to be thankful for this season. Good to hear such progress on Michael‘s part! Seems like failing ovens it’s not uncommon this time of year. We really put them to the test. Have you heard from Scott and Sandi? We have a spot they can park at our house. We aren’t there but we would trust your family. But we are probably 45 miles from Seattle. Have you heard from Scott and Sandi? We have an RV spot they can park at our house. We are Boondockers, after all. We aren’t there now but we would trust your family. But we are probably 45 miles from Seattle. Very hard to find anywhere to park in RV in Seattle. Are they towing a car? I should’ve thought to tell you this sooner. I’m sorry. But we do have power water and Internet for our Guests.

Lori, sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your new cricket! I don’t know how much use I would get out of one. Plus, I don’t know where to put it! I have so much fabric I have nowhere to put another fat quarter in my sewing room

Becca, sorry you have fog too. I think it’s a worse hazard than rain. And we are pretty familiar with driving in rain!

Tina, what a story! And how sweet of Kevin and Maria to get you that stove. But it was a gift to them too. They have reached a point in their life when they can help and give back. You have done a lot for them and this makes them feel good To be able to return your Generosity. So knowing how good it makes them feel, hopefully that helps make you feel better about accepting these gift. What wonderful kids they are!

I’m not sure what supper will be tonight. I know there is a package of homemade chili frozen deep in the freezer. But it is packed solid in there And I’m afraid if I take everything out it wont go back! So supper could be a can of soup and a grilled cheese sandwich which sounds pretty good right now.

PS. In rereading this I see my phone has repeated some sentences. I gave up trying to correct them all. But you get the idea.

gershwin64

Re: Supper club, Tuesday, Novembe

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:34 am

Good morning!
On our way to town to drop Duncan and Rosie off for their fluff and fold spa day. They have to be pretty for Thanksgiving too after all 😉
Mary, I hope your fog lifts and you have safe travels.
We're going to get our last minute fruits and veggies for Thanksgiving plus a couple other items I see were low on. I don't want to have to leave the house for at least a week so want to make sure I have enough to get us through.
Then when we get home and get that all put away the holiday house cleaning will commence and I have volunteered Frankie too 😂🤣
I'm hoping to get 6 loaves of banana nut bread made too after the cleaning but we'll see what kind of shape I'm in for that.
Supper will be leftover spaghetti, salad and garlic bread so my fridge will be empty for holiday foods.
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:54 am

Good morning!

Mary - thanks for the RV area offer. They did this trip very quickly and will be home today. Scott collects old antique computer equipment, and bought some from a person up there. It wasn't able to be shipped, due to possibly getting broken, so off they went. Valley fog is always treacherous and appears this time of year. Safe travels!

Tina - you raised your family right! It shows just how much they love their mom and that they stepped right in to give back to you! A sweet moment for sure!

Dinner - unknown, as I haven't even cooked breakfast!

Michael did really well yesterday, even many hours on no extra O2. He is down to the minimum that the machine can be turned to. The PT also cleared him for the stairs too. Michael is doing exercises to strengthen the weak leg and that is helping.

Me, sewing is a hopeful accomplishment today.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:00 am

Hello everyone
Waitin on pies to bake & then my cookies I mixed my cranberry salad & got sweet potatoes baking for soufflé Could use 2 ovens Also did laundry
We were in 20s this morning
I want to clean out frig for tomorrow so it will be leftovers
Maryz I don’t like rain or fog to drive in My DB asked me one time if my car leaked Lol
He knew I didn’t like driving in rain
Happy Thanksgiving to you & Bill
Tina you must be like we are It’s hard for us to let our children do for us I guess after all the years we need to accept it
Jana Hope your day goes well
Mark always says I can never repay you both is his answer
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”